PDA

View Full Version : Heated politics are destroying OSO's bilge, but not Serious Offshore

LaughingCat
03-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Just wanted to point out that OSO is having a battle about political threads. Lots of mud-slinging and meaness. They created a political thread and moved it behind the pay-wall. That started a new thread about the movement which gets ugly.

Comments have been made about how the Bilge is a ghost town with references to "the other site, Seriously". Maybe more people will come to realize that while OSO have a wealth of information we never want to lose, the social atmosphere is less that desireable and they should look over here.

This starting in the Bilge and was moved behind the pay-wall:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/talk-politics/226688-why.html

And this:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/bilge/226663-now-you-have-resorted-deleting-threads.html

As I just mentioned in the SOS thread http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15711
we have a long discussion about a heated topic and showed real maturity. We don't need to have the largest chat forum in boating, but we certainly have the best.

JupiterSunsation
03-24-2010, 09:16 AM
LC many members cross over between sites. I scan there and post here.....

cigdaze
03-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Thanks for noticing. We work hard in making this site as enjoyable and friendly as possible for all of our members, but all we can do is set the tone. The real compliments must go to our members. Kudos to each and every one of you for helping make our jobs easy. As always, we kindly request that this thread remain on the high road, and we avoid any negativity and bashing. Thanks for the continued support and civility; it's been a real pleasure.

:)

LaughingCat
03-24-2010, 09:42 AM
LC many members cross over between sites. I scan there and post here.....

Hi Jupiter,

I just want to make sure my original post comes across the right way. I am not bashing OSO, since it was the original launching pad for many of us in the boat-chat forum arena. But it's a shame that it has evolved into its current state. Obviously, if OSO took a higher path, SOS wouldn't exist. I am proud to consider SOS my "home" boating site and hope that OSO can get control of their situation.

Jon

JupiterSunsation
03-24-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks for noticing. We work hard in making this site as enjoyable and friendly as possible for all of our members, but all we can do is set the tone. The real compliments must go to our members. Kudos to each and every one of you for helping make our jobs easy. As always, we kindly request that this thread remain on the high road, and we avoid any negativity and bashing. Thanks for the continued support and civility; it's been a real pleasure.

:)

NICK YOU ARE A REAL #$%@&((*#__((&*&^@%!$%!&@(# AND FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH SO IS !*(&$), &*#$&(), *(#&$*(())_^&^< AND STECZ! :D:D:D

Got to keep you guys on your toes.........:sifone:

JupiterSunsation
03-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Hi Jupiter,

I just want to make sure my original post comes across the right way. I am not bashing OSO, since it was the original launching pad for many of us in the boat-chat forum arena. But it's a shame that it has evolved into its current state. Obviously, if OSO took a higher path, SOS wouldn't exist. I am proud to consider SOS my "home" boating site and hope that OSO can get control of their situation.

Jon

No that place is a train screaming down the tracks with hindu's at the wheel! They just let it ride trying to keep the numbers up, post count and ad revenue.

This place was set up to be a "hangout" among friends/aquaintances and has a friendly vibe. Seriously where else can you talk about bathroom fixtures, Merc. #8's and the virtues of an Obama administration on one site then view Claymate weekend pics as a finale! :sifone:

cigdaze
03-24-2010, 10:31 AM
NICK YOU ARE A REAL #$%@&((*#__((&*&^@%!$%!&@(# AND FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH SO IS !*(&$), &*#$&(), *(#&$*(())_^&^< AND STECZ! :D:D:D

I've been called worse.
:cheers2:

LaughingCat
03-24-2010, 10:31 AM
If there is 1 solid reason that justifies SOS's existence, it's that the one Claymate's boyfriend who ratted him out doesn't know about us. So Clay can post at will.

TCEd
03-24-2010, 10:37 AM
The political forum must be down to about six people calling everyone else a commie/facist/gay midget etc.. and patting each other on the back.

fund razor
03-24-2010, 10:53 AM
The political forum must be down to about six people calling everyone else a commie/facist/gay midget etc.. and patting each other on the back.

:iagree: The gay midget lobby is out of control. :D

Airpacker
03-24-2010, 11:13 AM

Hey now, this is Seriousoffshore. We do not allow posts like this to go unpunished.

Kindly turn off your Caps Lock button or we will be forced to give you a bloodhole punch right Ted ? :)

Ted
03-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Hey now, this is Seriousoffshore. We do not allow posts like this to go unpunished.

Kindly turn off your Caps Lock button or we will be forced to give you a bloodhole punch right Ted ? :)

And a light stomping :sifone:

LaughingCat
03-24-2010, 11:21 AM
:iagree: The gay midget lobby is out of control. :D

Dude, you should see how fast those little fvckers scurry when you bust out a spatula and give chase. :sifone:

gerritm
03-24-2010, 11:32 AM
The strange thing about it is it's the same 3 or 4 on each side bashing each other. The bunch of them need to get a life.

LaughingCat
03-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Better they do it over there, than over here. It's a social problem they have.

fund razor
03-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Dude, you should see how fast those little fvckers scurry when you bust out a spatula and give chase. :sifone:

I use the Raid gay midget motels. Makes less mess. :)

clayinaustin
03-24-2010, 12:34 PM
If there is 1 solid reason that justifies SOS's existence, it's that the one Claymate's boyfriend who ratted him out doesn't know about us. So Clay can post at will.

I never go to OSO anymore. :willy_nilly:

Tony
03-24-2010, 12:36 PM

I just choked on a sandwich laughing at this.:sifone:

LaughingCat
03-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Makes less mess. :)

That's priceless!

LotoSteve
03-24-2010, 05:49 PM
The strange thing about it is it's the same 3 or 4 on each side bashing each other. The bunch of them need to get a life.

I guess you can include me in the bunch. The trouble was always started by one person and I'm sure you can guess who that is. After awhile most of us stopped being serious and just started to try and get the one persons goat and it worked. He came back with the stupid name calling and before long Speedy made it private. She stated publically it was her that made the change and I respect her for that.

My beef with OSO is they always seam to change the rules rather then repremanmd the offender which affects everyone.

Another beef is they deleted my thread without any explanation. After being a member since 2001 you would think a simple PM stating why would have been nice.

I like both sites although you serious guys bring up a lot of gay chit. Whats up with that?? :huh::p

phragle
03-24-2010, 06:23 PM
That would b Stecz, MM is in charge of bringing up amorous marine mammal chit

DollaBill
03-24-2010, 06:35 PM
JV players over there for the most part. The prof teams left a long time ago so of course it'll remind you of a school yard

Ratickle
03-24-2010, 07:02 PM
On the original subject. It seems, no matter how pizzed those here get and what gets started, an edit and a PM seems to get everything back on track to a decent, although sometimes heated:), discussion.

Very, very few have responded negatively.

It seems to me the "No Personal Attacks" is usually followed well.

For that, thanks.

LaughingCat
03-24-2010, 07:13 PM
a lot of gay chit. Whats up with that?? :huh::p

We're happy.

phragle
03-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Trudat... there are members here who will usually say something to difuse a situation as well.

MarylandMark
03-25-2010, 07:25 PM
That would b Stecz, MM is in charge of bringing up amorous marine mammal chit

:seeya:

JupiterSunsation
03-25-2010, 07:32 PM
On the original subject. It seems, no matter how pizzed those here get and what gets started, an edit and a PM seems to get everything back on track to a decent, although sometimes heated:), discussion.

Very, very few have responded negatively.

It seems to me the "No Personal Attacks" is usually followed well.

For that, thanks.

One was banned here and there

The other is the new post king over there.......and Mr. Friendly to all!