PDA

View Full Version : 50 Employees

Chris
03-22-2010, 11:32 AM
If I had 200 employees, this morning my attornies would be working on splitting this thing into five different corporations.

Like the tax code, this health care bill is going to be like swiss cheese. And people are going to get rich finding all the back doors.

Legislators rarely learn from the lessons of the past. And maybe the best lesson is the best place to find holes is in something exceptionally complex.

hotjava66
03-22-2010, 11:50 AM
More money to be made by pushing paper instead of producing something, leading us further down the same path. And more $ to the lawyers, just what we need. More $ from those of us that DO, funneled to those who DO NOT, so we can continue to DO and pay more in taxes because of it.

phragle
03-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Is a successfull raceboat built by simply being built within the rules, or is it built by being creative and maximizing potential within the rules??

Tommy Gun
03-22-2010, 01:49 PM
If I had 200 employees, this morning my attornies would be working on splitting this thing into five different corporations.

Like the tax code, this health care bill is going to be like swiss cheese. And people are going to get rich finding all the back doors.

Legislators rarely learn from the lessons of the past. And maybe the best lesson is the best place to find holes is in something exceptionally complex.

Exactly, I posted several times that because I had under 50 employees it will be more beneficial to me to eliminate my employees HC benefits (of which I now cover 70%) and let them go to the exchanges to purchase thier own insurance. I no longer will have the administrative headaches or liabilities and will save $ that I can use to pay for my families HC insurance and cover the cost of the tax increases. Of course it will cost every employee more but why should I care? They're the idiots that voted for these liars, maybe they'll wise up.

.38Special
03-22-2010, 05:17 PM
As I understand it, if you have under 50 employees and the if the average salary of those employees is under $50k and you do provide HC benefits, you will receive a 35% tax break. Right now somehow we've been able to continue to pay 100% of our employees HC including their families. I'm not for this plan, but maybe this could help our little company a little.

BUIZILLA
03-22-2010, 05:23 PM
As I understand it, if you have under 50 employees and the if the average salary of those employees is under $50k and you do provide HC benefits, you will receive a 35% tax break. Right now somehow we've been able to continue to pay 100% of our employees HC including their families. I'm not for this plan, but maybe this could help our little company a little. I was thinking the same damm thing today... :rolleyes:

Tommy Gun
03-22-2010, 05:32 PM
As I understand it, if you have under 50 employees and the if the average salary of those employees is under $50k and you do provide HC benefits, you will receive a 35% tax break. Right now somehow we've been able to continue to pay 100% of our employees HC including their families. I'm not for this plan, but maybe this could help our little company a little.

Tax break for what? There has to be profit toi pay taxes on.

.38Special
03-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Tax break for what? There has to be profit toi pay taxes on.

I believe a break against what you pay out for the employees HC. Don't quote me though.

Quinlan
03-22-2010, 08:28 PM
And how do they think that what MAYBE 1/4 of the population thats making over 250k will pay enough Extra taxes to cover the other 3/4 of the population?

Tommy Gun
03-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Yeah all those "rich" people bringing in $250k annually...with 2 incomes.

Carguy
03-22-2010, 10:25 PM
We are all F*cked.

BBB725
03-22-2010, 10:30 PM
I will never go over 50 employees again just because of FMLA BS

nortech4play
03-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Well at least the freaking Merkley Amendment was pulled from this piece of crap bill.... It didn't get removed until the 18th of March and would have killed small Non-Union Construction Companies....It set the limits to five (5) employees instead of fifty (50) like every other business to appease the local unions... Talk about special interests getting their way...

It's just mind boggling how just 7.4% of the private workforce can have that much pull....The FMLA is another reason we will never go beyond 40+ employees...

http://www.therealestatebloggers.com/2009/12/21/healthcare-bill-has-provision-that-punishes-small-builders/

http://djcoregon.com/news/2010/03/18/merkley-amendment-dropped-from-healthcare-reform-bill/

ChiefApache
03-23-2010, 08:56 AM

Is this correct???

And what if all of your employees are part time?

LotoSteve
03-23-2010, 10:07 AM
http://blog.heritage.org/2010/03/23/morning-bell-congress-vs-the-american-people/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Morning%2BBell

Even Higher Taxes on Business: As bad as the employer mandates in the Senate health bill were, the taxes on businesses in the reconciliation bill are even worse. Companies that hire certain low-income Americans will have to pay $3,000 per employee, per year, even if the company offers insurance. And companies that employ 50 or more workers will face higher tax penalties to the tune of $2,000 per full-time employee.

ChiefApache
03-23-2010, 10:11 AM
http://blog.heritage.org/2010/03/23/morning-bell-congress-vs-the-american-people/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Morning%2BBell

They are talking full time employees. We only have part time employees, all less than 20 hours a week each.

Smarty
03-23-2010, 10:27 AM
I have been thinking about getting a copy of the bill and really, and I mean really studying it. I have not looked at the Healthcare Bill at all. I have been wanting to get out of criminal law; maybe I will try to become a healthcare reform expert....Sounds like there is going to be a need for that based on the posts in this thread, opinions?

Ted
03-23-2010, 10:33 AM
I have been thinking about getting a copy of the bill and really, and I mean really studying it. I have not looked at the Healthcare Bill at all. I have been wanting to get out of criminal law; maybe I will try to become a healthcare reform expert....Sounds like there is going to be a need for that based on the posts in this thread, opinions?

The whole thing seems pretty criminal to me, so you wouldn't be straying far. There is no doubt that a lot of businesses will need help with this thing. The hook would be to find ways to avoid some of the fees/penalties/costs and still maintain a solid workforce. Or you could come down here and explain it to the idiot Congress critters that voted for it:rolleyes:

Chris
03-23-2010, 10:39 AM

I was thinking about that very same thing right now. There have got to be hundreds of thousands of very confused people out there right now- all small business owners. Who are they going to turn to? Their agents? I doubt their agents really know. And when their agents do, it'll be what their insurers tell them.

There will inevitably be plenty of exploitable loopholes and the people that find them will profit handsomely.

Here you go- you can start today,

http://docs.house.gov/rules/health/111_ahcaa.pdf

OldSchool
03-23-2010, 10:39 AM

Read it.....and you will be way far ahead of any of those azzhole congressmen and women that voted for it, but haven't read it either!!!:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Chris
03-23-2010, 10:40 AM
No kidding. You know they certainly didn't write it.

TCEd
03-23-2010, 11:05 AM
I was thinking about that very same thing right now. There have got to be hundreds of thousands of very confused people out there right now- all small business owners. Who are they going to turn to? Their agents? I doubt their agents really know. And when their agents do, it'll be what their insurers tell them.

There will inevitably be plenty of exploitable loopholes and the people that find them will profit handsomely.

Interesting, there are 355 pages related to American Indian health care in the last section of the document.
ed

Smarty
03-23-2010, 12:06 PM

Thanks for the link. This may be the catalyst for a positive change in my life, unfortunately at the monetary expense of others. The class of clients will definitely improve, and maybe they will even be able to pay my
legal-fee(s).

It may take a while to read, but I have the time (as of now).

bret
03-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Well you can become Amish or a Christian Scientist. They are exempt from the provisions of this bill. Funny no other "religions are though.

Chris, I don't believe you can separate your business into multiple units or different corporations as you will be deemed a controlled group.The rules would still apply as if you have one payroll.