PDA

View Full Version : Cultured Marble Counter-top repair?

Sydwayz
03-21-2010, 08:49 PM
I dropped a screwdriver on the bathroom vanity and put a ding in a flat section. It's about 1/4" in diameter. This is my at my GF's house, and she's so upset you'd think I totaled her car. (I know; I did that once too.)

Is there any type of repair kit or process that works for these? It's pretty much white with some purple laced in. Wouldn't you know it; I chipped a spot with purple going through it.

Thanks in advance.

BUIZILLA
03-21-2010, 08:54 PM
it CAN be fixed... I had a guy put in a 6' countertop in a bathroom and it cracked in half at the sink... he had a glazer come in and fix it, if I didn't tell you where the crack was I seriously doubt you'd find it...

takes an artisian at the trade though..

Trim'd Up
03-22-2010, 09:54 AM
It can be fixed as good as new in just a few minutes. You just need to find the right guy. I have a guy I use all the time and he is cheap, quick and it looks perfect when he is done.

RichL
03-22-2010, 12:54 PM
The surface is likely crystal clear gelcoat. If no damage occurred to the substrate, you might be able to just touch it in if you can find some, sand and polish. If more than that, try to find the manufacturer of the top and have one of their techs take care of it. Many tops, if not imported from Mexico or somewhere similar, are locally made.

Good luck.

Sydwayz
03-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Thank you everyone. I found the folks that installed it 5+ years ago. They are sending out a tech for a fix.

Turns out it is gelcoat on top. It if it was easy to remove, I'd just take it over to my local boat guy and pay him $7K to refinish it. :D