PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit Cover Material?

Airpacker
03-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Well, the time has come. I need to have a new one made to replace my old sunbrella cover this season. Any suggestions as to the best, latest, greatest material to use?
Waterproof, breathable, durable ( I trailer with it on) , soft on paint and acrylic windshields.

catastrophe
03-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Well, the time has come. I need to have a new one made to replace my old sunbrella cover this season. Any suggestions as to the best, latest, greatest material to use?
Waterproof, breathable, durable ( I trailer with it on) , soft on paint and acrylic windshields.

The original manufacturers should be up on the latest materials wouldnt you think pal ??

Ratickle
03-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Here a brief description of some used by Great Lakes. I'm looking for my notes from the canvas lady here in West Michigan. There is a really light-weight one she prefers now.

http://www.greatlakesboattop.com/fabrics

38fountainSC
03-21-2010, 12:26 PM
I just came back from canvas shop yesturday. We are going with top gun for cockpit cover waterproof light weight and sumbrella plus for encloser it has a waterproof backing over regular sumbrella.

Airpacker
03-21-2010, 01:21 PM
The original manufacturers should be up on the latest materials wouldnt you think pal ??

not necessarily pal. Oft times, they go with the lowest bidder.

I want the right stuff for the job, not the cheapest. It has to live at trailering speeds....my trailering speed that is :)