PDA

View Full Version : Skater Hardtop Almost Done

Matt Trulio
03-19-2010, 03:55 PM
It's been a tough week for "good" news, at least as it's been trapped in my filter (and I look for it), but here's something that qualifies, http://www.boats.com/boat-content/2010/03/skater-hardtop-nears-completion/.

I suspect this will provoke a discussion measuring boat length, but that should be fun.

Have a great weekend.

ILMORdude
03-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Great news from good ol Michigan!! Good job Skater

Offshore Ginger
03-19-2010, 09:01 PM
The link is no longer there .

Jesse James
03-19-2010, 09:07 PM
i was able to have lunch with pete and the new owner last time i was up there...gonna be a neat boat..... BTW dont let pete order for you...

stainless
03-19-2010, 09:20 PM
i was able to have lunch with pete and the new owner last time i was up there...gonna be a neat boat..... BTW dont let pete order for you...

LOL! what did he order you? :ack2:

Offshore Ginger
03-19-2010, 09:22 PM
:
i was able to have lunch with pete and the new owner last time i was up there...gonna be a neat boat..... BTW dont let pete order for you... Why not and where did he take you .:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Matt Trulio
03-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Sorry about the link guys, here it is, http://www.boats.com/boat-content/2010/03/skater-hardtop-nears-completion/. I also replaced it above.

Having a content management system issue. Thanks for your patience ... I have a feeling it's a lot better than mine.

I can't wait to see this boat. Mr. Collegewood lives in Discovery Bay, Calif., which is about an hour from my house in Redwood City. So I'm going to beg him for a ride.

ILMORdude
03-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Sorry about the link guys, here it is, http://www.boats.com/boat-content/2010/03/skater-hardtop-nears-completion/. I also replaced it above.

Having a content management system issue. Thanks for your patience ... I have a feeling it's a lot better than mine.

I can't wait to see this boat. Mr. Collegewood lives in Discovery Bay, Calif., which is about an hour from my house in Redwood City. So I'm going to beg him for a ride.

he had the Elim Daytona coupe a few yrs ago right?

SHARKEY-IMAGES
03-19-2010, 10:41 PM
I am glad to see Peter is doing well...

I just hope he doesn't get in too deep with the Government Contracts. I was working with a company that had contracts to build boats for the War on Drugs. After ordering so much Military grade accessories for a large number of boats, I think it was by the 3rd boat the budget was cut on the War on Drugs and the Government walked away from their contract leaving the company holding the bag on materials they were sure going to have a hard time finding any use for.... :(

Tank
03-19-2010, 11:26 PM

Collegewood is a super nice guy. I've talked to him briefly several times and he is always really happy to answer questions. He's had his share of high performance boats too and he loves that closed cockpit. I thought the Advantage with the full roof that lifted straight up was kindv'e funky but hey, it was interesting.

Where's the pics of this Skater!?

SHARKEY-IMAGES
03-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Where's the pics of this Skater!?

There is a very good chance there may be a few in here:

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/skaterfactorytour

.:cheers2:

Tank
03-20-2010, 12:34 AM
There is a very good chance there may be a few in here:

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/skaterfactorytour

.:cheers2:

Looks good Sharkey, thanks for the pics of the shop.

Guess, I'll see the new Skater live in Havasu at the poker run.

Offshore Ginger
03-20-2010, 10:16 AM
I am glad to see Peter is doing well...

I just hope he doesn't get in too deep with the Government Contracts. I was working with a company that had contracts to build boats for the War on Drugs. After ordering so much Military grade accessories for a large number of boats, I think it was by the 3rd boat the budget was cut on the War on Drugs and the Government walked away from their contract leaving the company holding the bag on materials they were sure going to have a hard time finding any use for.... :(I have a friend who was doing the Laminating on that new Military boat at Skater and stated that the boat is all beef from the tanks to the stringers to the laminating schedule otherwise built like a brick $hit house and i hear it will be running diesels and possibaly doing a trans Atlantic crossing after the Goverment is done testing . Sharky , when i employed at Skater Pete once took on a goverment contract building boats for the Navy Seals which at the time worked out well .

Matt Trulio
03-20-2010, 10:33 AM
he had the Elim Daytona coupe a few yrs ago right?

You're right, IlmorDude. He did have the Eliminator Coupe. I don't know how many of those were built, but I know he had one.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
03-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Pete once took on a goverment contract building boats for the Navy Seals which at the time worked out well .

That's good to hear.

The Clinton Administration pulled the funds on the boats...
Left this company hanging with all sorts of Military grade accessories for a number of additional boats to be built per the contract.
The glass materials was able to be used, but military type spec hatches, hinges etc you just can't get what you paid for them from the average customer.

Jesse James
03-20-2010, 01:06 PM
LOL! what did he order you? :ack2:

We went to the place where the road splits just down the road from from the factory, i have been there a few times but do not remember the name... homestyle food.... He ordered me some breakfast delux platter... 2 BIG pork chops, 3 or 4 eggs hash browns, then a full serving of biscuits and gravy.... he said that should last you until you get back to St. Louis..... He was right..... I was raised to never leave an empty plate ( my waistline shows that) and it was everything i had to only partiallt finish the biscuits and gravy....

SHARKEY-IMAGES
03-20-2010, 08:45 PM
and this was right after you stopped at the Post Office first right ? ;)

Peter is a man of routine and a great guy !:cheers2:

Jesse James
03-20-2010, 10:14 PM
like clockwork on the lunch scedule up there.... i had gotten in at 3 am the night before, so it was breakfast foe me and lunch for them... apparently the hotel had told them of a customer arrival (skater discount) and he said just send them up to the resturant around lunch.... love going up there...could wander around and ask questions for days...

OldSchool
03-20-2010, 10:33 PM
I was working with a company that had contracts to build boats for the War on Drugs.

What company was that Tim?

Offshore Ginger
03-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Hey guys :rofl::rofl::rofl: are any of you aware of the fact that Saugatuck and Douglas has a magor gay population which most of the locals know with the exception of the tourists .:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Offshore Ginger
03-20-2010, 10:42 PM
So , Jesse , whats the deal with Sandra ..............:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rik
03-21-2010, 12:21 AM

Matt, you realize Gary's last name is actually "College" his company is named Collegewood. :D

Matt Trulio
03-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Actually, no I didn't. That was the name I was given by Pete at Skater. But I'll change it.

Matt Trulio
03-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Corrected, but it will take an hour before the correction goes through all the feeds to make it here. Correct name is Gary College.

Thanks, Rik.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
03-21-2010, 07:45 PM
What company was that Tim?
Hydratech

Ryan Beckley
03-21-2010, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE][/Hey guys are any of you aware of the fact that Saugatuck and Douglas has a magor gay population which most of the locals know with the exception of the tourists .
QUOTE]

Hey Ginger what is the point of this? Another stupid post by you.......maybe you should just stick to glass talk......

Offshore Ginger
03-22-2010, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE][/Hey guys are any of you aware of the fact that Saugatuck and Douglas has a magor gay population which most of the locals know with the exception of the tourists .
QUOTE]

Hey Ginger what is the point of this? Another studid post by you.......maybe you should just stick to glass talk...... Ryan , maybe you should learn how to spell .......... STUDID ...... hmmmmmmm and Ryan , there was no point at all with the exception of making conversation and you just might want to re read what you post before you start calling the Kettle Black .:iamwithstupid::seeya:

Ryan Beckley
03-22-2010, 05:31 PM
thanks for the grammar lesson.......... still a stupid post....

Matt thanks for the update, no one does it as nice as Skater...........

Offshore Ginger
03-22-2010, 06:02 PM
thanks for the grammar lesson.......... still a stupid post....

Matt thanks for the update, no one does it as nice as Skater........... Ryan, Whaaaaaaaa so why dont you take your toys and go home and yes it is a Skater nation :iamwithstupid: and with that in mind........ you are what you are and always will be somewhat childish just to prove a point . Ryan , just curious what is your beef with me and why do you always feel that you can talk down to me ?