PDA

View Full Version : 1st Jersey Shore, Now all blacks must leave Walmart! NJ takes lead!

JupiterSunsation
03-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Stay classy NJ!

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. — A Walmart store announcement ordering black people to leave brought chagrin and apologies Wednesday from leaders of the company, which has built a fragile trust among minority communities.

A male voice came over the public-address system Sunday evening at a store in Washington Township, in southern New Jersey, and calmly announced: "Attention, Walmart customers: All black people, leave the store now."

Shoppers in the store at the time said a manager quickly got on the public-address system and apologized for the remark. And while it was unclear whether a rogue patron or an employee was responsible for the comment, many customers expressed their anger to store management.

"I want to know why such statements are being made, because it flies in the face of what we teach our children about tolerance for all," said Sheila Ellington, who was in the store at the time with a friend. "If this was meant to be a prank, there's only one person laughing, and it's not either one of us."

Ellington, of Monroe, and her friend Patricia Covington said they plan to boycott the retailer until they're assured the issue has been addressed so it doesn't happen again.

The pair said they were stunned when they heard the announcement and initially believed they had misheard it. But once the words sank in, they grew angry.

"I depended on Walmart for all my needs, because the store has pretty much everything you could want," Covington said. "But until this issue is addressed in a way I'm comfortable with, I can't walk through those doors again."

Officials with Wal-Mart Stores Inc., based in Bentonville, Ark., said that the announcement was "unacceptable" and that they're trying to determine who made it and how it happened.

"We are just as appalled by this incident as our customers," the company said in a statement. "Whoever did this is just wrong and acted in an inappropriate manner. Clearly, this is completely unacceptable to us and to our customers."

This is not the first time the retailer has faced such problems.

There have been several past instances of black customers claiming they were treated unfairly at Walmart stores, and the company faced lawsuits alleging that women were passed over in favor of men for pay raises and promotions.

In February 2009, the retailer paid $17.5 million to settle a class action lawsuit alleging racial discrimination in its hiring of truck drivers.

And the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission sued the company in May 2009, claiming some Hispanic employees at a Sam's Club subsidiary in California were subjected to a hostile work environment. That suit alleges managers failed to stop repeated verbal harassment, including the use of derogatory words, against employees of Mexican descent.

However, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has said the company has worked hard in recent years to show it cares about diversity.

Bill Mitchell, a former Walmart employee who was shopping Wednesday at the store, said that he was saddened to hear about the announcement but that "as a black man, I've heard worse things."

As customer Sharon Osbourne, of Williamstown, left the store Wednesday, she called the announcement "appalling, stupid and sad."

Expensive Date
03-17-2010, 09:54 PM
We always were in the lead we have so many screw ups in this state we sent some to Florida.:)

Trim'd Up
03-18-2010, 12:49 AM
Who the phuck cares? If some black guy picked up the P.A. and said all white people need to leave the store it wouldn't even make the bulletin board at THAT walmart.

These poor women that heard that will never be he same. I am sure a fat paycheck from walmart will put there minds at ease though. :rolleyes: The guy that said it better head for mexico because he will probably end up being charged with a felony hate crime.

phragle
03-18-2010, 12:52 AM
wonder if its got anything to do with the wallmart employee that just got canned for failing a drug test, because of his medical marijuana.......

cigdaze
03-18-2010, 08:28 AM
That's nothin'...here's another NJ whack-o.

:D :D :D

Man Accused of Urinating on Women in Jersey City

Updated: Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010, 11:37 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010, 8:40 PM EDT

MYFOX NEW YORK STAFF REPORT

MYFOXNY.COM - Police in Jersey City have arrested an ex-con they say has been urinating on women at a bus stop in Journal Square, a source said Wednesday.

Nitinkumar Patel, 27, has urinated on at least seven women in the last three months, a law enforcement source said.

He was caught Wednesday morning while urinating on a 16-year-old girl at the bus stop, a law enforcement source said.

Two victims have identified Patel, the source said.

He spent almost six years in prison for aggravated assault convictions, according to the New Jersey Department of Corrections. Patel was released in

Bobcat
03-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Nitinkumar ain't going to the White Castle:bump:

catastrophe
03-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Might have something to do with the amount of letters in his first name.

I usually only get nervous after 12.

Wrinkleface
03-18-2010, 09:14 AM
That's nothin'...here's another NJ whack-o.

:D :D :D

:willy_nilly:

JupiterSunsation
03-18-2010, 09:42 AM
I didn't know Nitinkumar was Stecz's real name.....

Chris
03-18-2010, 10:40 AM
It's not even that creative of a prank-
rG7M8Wuvd9k&feature=related
Xv013fhY8zk&feature=related
XkUFEhbt93w

JupiterSunsation
03-18-2010, 11:07 AM
I have never been to NJ, just whatever you can see from I-95 @ 75 mph......

But in college I dated a very cute Italian girl that had insane amounts of disposable income (despite her father being a farmer who drove a Lamborghini). She explained NJ to me as the "armpit" of the nation. When looking at a map, the state looks like an armpit.
In the 2 years I knew her she had 3 brand new Corvettes (she totalled the first 2). She was a blast to hang out with but in hindsight she had to have been 1/2 mafia princess 1/2 Jersey Shore girl. :D

cigdaze
03-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Some say armpit, some say azzhole. From what I remember, it shares its closest resemblance with the latter.

:p :D

DollaBill
03-18-2010, 01:05 PM
It's an interesting place. Glad I grew up here.

Sea-Dated
03-18-2010, 02:13 PM
I used to live in Washington Township. Nice place and that was long before a wal mart was there.

masher44
03-18-2010, 04:31 PM
I used to live in Washington Township. Nice place and that was long before a wal mart was there.

No Walmart?

Where did Trecek shop?

Berg-Mart?

Sea-Dated
03-19-2010, 10:50 AM
No Walmart?

Where did Trecek shop?

Berg-Mart?

Five and Dime :rofl:

OldSchool
03-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Where was Stecz yesterday???????????????????????????????????????????:sifone:

Smarty
03-19-2010, 01:50 PM
That happened in the next town over from me. The black women in the store were extremely offended according to newspaper reports, the police are investigating, ect. They suspect teenagers. What they said was inappropriate, but get over it. Trim'd Up hit it on the head, now the poor woman will want $$$ for the psychological trauma that they have suffered, hopefully I am wrong but I would not be surprised.

There is too much nonsense in the press like the fat bastard in Old Bridge who wants to weigh a 1,000 and is now 600+lbs, is just riduclous. As far as the arm pit and ******* comments to each his own, but I will give you this property taxes in NJ are out of control which are making it a less desireable place to live, but I do like the people of NJ, we have character, that is for sure. The Garden State ....

Smarty
03-21-2010, 03:29 PM
They caught the kid, he is a teenager. Apparently other teenagers were talking about the prank on Facebook which led investigators to the juvenile. He is charged with a 4th degree crime.

the story:

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2010/03/atlantic_county_teenager_charg_1.html

I would expect he will be sentenced to one year probation if he has never been in trouble with the law before, based on limited juvenile criminal defense reprersentation.

Bobcat
03-21-2010, 03:53 PM
I saw that he was a minor (or Miner after a few more beers) harmless prank to me, but serious to most.

Trim'd Up
03-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Bob, you have to look at it from a different perspective. How would you feel if they announced that... "All old, drunk, cubs fans must leave the store."
:26::26::D

Smarty
03-21-2010, 05:24 PM
I saw that he was a minor (or Miner after a few more beers) harmless prank to me, but serious to most.

I also think it is a harmless prank, but the local NAACP wanted action, and the Prosecutor's Office has recently been under fire from the local NAACP for an incident involving a black ex-mayor being allegedly assaulted by a police officer. Once they caught this juvenile he had to be Prosecuted for political correctness purposes. The Prosecutor does a great job for Gloucester County, NJ, considering all the cases that have occurred under his tenure as Prosecutor.

The Juvenile will go through Atlantic County court system, though indicted/charged in Gloucester. It was a joke in bad taste, it needs to be left alone and done with.

MacGyver
03-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Once again Facebook to the rescue.

Bobcat
03-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Bob, you have to look at it from a different perspective. How would you feel if they announced that... "All old, drunk, cubs fans must leave the store."
:26::26::D
If you knew how bad your words hurt....:(

I also think it is a harmless prank, but the local NAACP wanted action, and the Prosecutor's Office has recently been under fire from the local NAACP for an incident involving a black ex-mayor being allegedly assaulted by a police officer. Once they caught this juvenile he had to be Prosecuted for political correctness purposes. The Prosecutor does a great job for Gloucester County, NJ, considering all the cases that have occurred under his tenure as Prosecutor.

The Juvenile will go through Atlantic County court system, though indicted/charged in Gloucester. It was a joke in bad taste, it needs to be left alone and done with.

I know you deal with this everyday(court system) hopefully the judge will just put a scare in him.

Trim'd Up
03-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Sorry Bob. I didn't know you were so sensitive. Don't feel bead. Ia maon my way to being drunk and I think I"m getting old too. You're on your own on the Cubs fan thing though. :D

Bobcat
03-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Sorry Bob. I didn't know you were so sensitive. Don't feel bead. Ia maon my way to being drunk and I think I"m getting old too. You're on your own on the Cubs fan thing though. :D

my computer is effing up ,or else I would have been giving you a sh*t storm !

Edward R. Cozzi
03-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Seems to me an easy thing to stop. Require that a passcode be needed before the intercom system will work.

jayboat
03-22-2010, 01:37 PM
It's an interesting place. Glad I grew up here.

I think it depends on your definition of 'interesting'... :sifone:

DollaBill
03-22-2010, 01:39 PM
To make up for it Walmart should have Negro Day and all dark people get an additional 10% off their purchase.

Chris
03-22-2010, 02:27 PM
The've arrested a 16-year-old boy and charged him with harassment and bias intimidation.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/Walmart_Racial_Remark_Arrest_03_20_10

I wonder if the feds are going to hijack the case and charge the boy as an adult and bring Civil Rights charges?

Smarty
03-22-2010, 03:07 PM
The've arrested a 16-year-old boy and charged him with harassment and bias intimidation.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/Walmart_Racial_Remark_Arrest_03_20_10

I wonder if the feds are going to hijack the case and charge the boy as an adult and bring Civil Rights charges?

You must have overlooked my post #19, same story local version (link was posted).

MacGyver
03-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Seems to me an easy thing to stop. Require that a passcode be needed before the intercom system will work.

You needed to dial XYZ or whatever to enter the intercom mode on the phone system. After the incident, the stores have now changed that to a new set of numbers.

Chris
03-22-2010, 04:47 PM
You must have overlooked my post #19, same story local version (link was posted).

No, not really. I'm incredibly self-important and I just assumed everyone would prefer hearing it from me than from anyone else.

Just kidding. I did miss that,;)

Smarty
03-22-2010, 06:20 PM
No problem....:)