PDA

View Full Version : It's that time of year.

cigdaze
03-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Went boating today. Played Hooky. It was a gorgeous day in Tampa Bay. About 72 and perfect. My brother was in town from Houston and my dad came out to visit. It was perfect.

I spent the last two weekends getting my spring cleaning out of the way; the boat's spotless and all waxed top to bottom.

It was awesome!

I forgot the camera, but someone snapped some spy pics of us out there.

:cool:

Bobcat
03-16-2010, 07:17 PM
put it on Facebook and get fired !:sifone:

P.S. no one has a parka on so I assume Erin did not go !:sifone:

Wrinkleface
03-16-2010, 07:19 PM

:eek:

cigdaze
03-16-2010, 07:21 PM

Nope. I give notice on hooky.
:)

And no, she had to work. :p

cosmic12
03-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Must be nice:cheers2:

The sun was out up here today also, high 50's.....
No boating....I raked the lawn:rolleyes::eek:

LadyDaze
03-17-2010, 11:14 AM

Who do ya think snapped the pic???!!! I took a long lunch, met them on the dock and then more work in the afternoon...ugh, work :)

I only had my Blackberry, so the shots are not as clear as one of Jay's may be...

fund razor
03-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Good for you. :driving:

We actually played hooky together a few years back on March 16. :cheers2:

So... speaking of the cleaning, I know that you told me to use 303 as my vinyl protectant. What would you use to get white vinyl clean of general dirt darkening before using the 303?

Geronimo36
03-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Went boating today. Played Hooky. It was a gorgeous day in Tampa Bay. About 72 and perfect. My brother was in town from Houston and my dad came out to visit. It was perfect.

I spent the last two weekends getting my spring cleaning out of the way; the boat's spotless and all waxed top to bottom.

It was awesome!

I forgot the camera, but someone snapped some spy pics of us out there.

:cool:

No doubt about it!!!! Gonna be 70 here the next couple of days...

April 15th is the official start in my area.... that's right around the corner.

Question is, when does the boating season end in Tampa? June? :bump:

PS, just kiddin..

cigdaze
03-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Good for you. :driving:

We actually played hooky together a few years back on March 16. :cheers2:

So... speaking of the cleaning, I know that you told me to use 303 as my vinyl protectant. What would you use to get white vinyl clean of general dirt darkening before using the 303?

March 16th?....how in the hell do you remember the date? I don't even know what year that was. But I do remember the day; it was a fun day despite the light switch incident. :p

The best combination for vinyl cleaning that I've found is Leverage Vinyl/Leather Cleaner applied to Magic Erasers. It makes my vinyl snow white again with no bleach.

cigdaze
03-17-2010, 12:12 PM
No doubt about it!!!! Gonna be 70 here the next couple of days...

April 15th is the official start in my area.... that's right around the corner.

Question is, when does the boating season end in Tampa? June? :bump:

PS, just kiddin..

Very cool. Bet you guys are excited. This year being an exception to the rule, out season starts in Jan. and ends in Dec. :bump:

fund razor
03-17-2010, 12:13 PM
March 16th?....how in the hell do you remember the date? I don't even know what year that was. But I do remember the day; it was a fun day despite the light switch incident. :p

The best combination for vinyl cleaning that I've found is Leverage Vinyl/Leather Cleaner applied to Magic Erasers. It makes my vinyl snow white again with no bleach.

It was my buddy's birthday and we toasted him from the Hurricane. Otherwise... I'd have no clue. I think it was 2005 or 2006? :confused:

Leverage and magic erasers. Ok. Thanks.

Geronimo36
03-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Very cool. Bet you guys are excited. This year being an exception to the rule, out season starts in Jan. and ends in Dec. :bump:

Gotta throw in the Florida digs any chance I get! :)

I'm excited but not so excited... I can't wait for summer but on the other hand I'm not so sure how much boating I'll be doing... Last summer boating was less with the economy and daughter...this summer will be the 2nd kid..so not sure what to expect...it's gonna get interesting...:eek:

My wife was on the phone with some friends who moved to Fort Meyers from NJ a few years ago... They haven't been able to do much boating this winter. It has either been too cold or too windy but I'm positve those days they thought twice about going out, we'd be out all day!:cheers2:

They've told us they usually boat from September to May and June/July/Aug they can't bear the heat. But they have a slow boat so I guess if you go fast enough, the heat don't matter! :)

SKATIN
03-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Hula Bay?

cigdaze
03-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Gotta throw in the Florida digs any chance I get! :)

I'd expect nothing less. Good luck, hope you get to make some good time on the water despite what looks like a busy summer.
:)

Hula Bay?

Sure is. Got my Hula Card yesterday. Now I'm all set.
:cheers2:

Tank
03-17-2010, 01:36 PM
It's been in the 80's here and supposed to be nice through the weekend. To bad the boats in getting serviced and ready for the summer.:(

Airpacker
03-17-2010, 03:13 PM
F you guys. :)

Theres still 12 inches of ice on our lakes. 65 and sunny right now but the lakes are still way too solid for boating. Then we have to wait for all the frozen debris, partial or complete docks, picnic tables, telephone poles and what have you to make their way to shore before any real running is safe.

Geronimo36
03-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Looks like our forecast has been updated... Now they're saying low/mid 70's thru Saturday! :cheers2:

I guess I know what I'll be doing Saturday.......putting the engine back in the boat! :)

Wrinkleface
03-18-2010, 10:09 AM
F you guys. :)

Theres still 12 inches of ice on our lakes. 65 and sunny right now but the lakes are still way too solid for boating. Then we have to wait for all the frozen debris, partial or complete docks, picnic tables, telephone poles and what have you to make their way to shore before any real running is safe.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::(:(:(