PDA

View Full Version : My dopey neighbor.....

JupiterSunsation
03-14-2010, 08:39 PM
My neighborhood is very nice and I like all of my neighbors but I had a funny moment with a guy today. I took the boat out today (2 month boating absence) so I ran it on the hose before getting to the ramp. My neighborhood is full of Denalis/Escalades/Navigators and a few nicer cars like Vipers, S class MB's, 911s and a pair of Ferraris so nice cars are commonplace but exotics are still head turning.

I am ready to leave and a blue Lamborghini runs down the street to my neighbor's house. I don't recognize the driver but I know the owner of the house. So later I am turning the truck and trailer around and stop and asked hey who had the new Lamborghini today?

Hey says in a dopey, almost questioning voice: What Lamborghini......the blue one?

I quickly responded what other Lamborghini has been at your house lately?

He responds oh yeah....... that is my younger brother's car (this guy drives a Lincoln stationwagon/suv thing). So I ask about the car........his response yeah I have never been in it! Laughing at how dorky, gay his response was I was thinking that I wouldn't let him in my Lamborghini either!

Some people are destined to drive mini-vans! :D

baddogz28
03-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Sounds like your neighbor is a bit of a simpleton, that's for sure.

Chris
03-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Sounds like my brother-in-law. Brilliant guy. Makes serious coin. Knows how to hang on to it too. He knows everything in the universe about his profession (doctor), sports and not a goddamned thing else. He can't change a lightbulb. Literally. I've given up on having any sort of conversation with him. I just sit there and make fun of him- with my sister. He doesn't even get it. She used to get pissed when I did it but now she joins in. He's oblivious.

He drives an 11-year-old Accord that looks showroom new.

Woody
03-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Sounds like my brother-in-law. Brilliant guy. Makes serious coin. Knows how to hang on to it too. He knows everything in the universe about his profession (doctor), sports and not a goddamned thing else. He can't change a lightbulb. Literally. I've given up on having any sort of conversation with him. I just sit there and make fun of him- with my sister. He doesn't even get it. She used to get pissed when I did it but now she joins in. He's oblivious.

He drives an 11-year-old Accord that looks showroom new.

Well chit, between you, JS and your brother-in-law everything in our universe (knowledge wise) is covered.:bump:

JupiterSunsation
03-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Well chit, between you, JS and your brother-in-law everything in our universe (knowledge wise) is covered.:bump:

hahaha........I am no where near Sunkin's level of knowledge! :sifone:

He has an engineering background I could never compete with and enough firearms knowledge to start and finish another war! :eek:

JupiterSunsation
03-15-2010, 07:18 PM
BTW my neighbor is/was an aspiring PGA player......He had made the Nike tour through Canada a couple years back but having kids and turning 40 has just about extinguished that dream. Dad was funding the dream for a good 12-15 years!

Another neighbor is a sports agent who happens to be a scratch player and has played with this guy......said he would be a great weekend golfer but just doesn't "have it." Florida is full of great weekend golfers but to take it to that next level you need to be just a few strokes better than scratch.

Expensive Date
03-15-2010, 08:57 PM
hahaha........I am no where near Sunkin's level of knowledge! :sifone:

He has an engineering background I could never compete with and enough firearms knowledge to start and finish another war! :eek:

Yeah but can he get the PH right in his pool.:bump:

JupiterSunsation
03-15-2010, 08:58 PM
yeah but can he get the ph right in his pool.:bump:

SMART people don't own pools! :D