PDA

View Full Version : Sunkin, here are 2 videos to help with local tourism.

Nortechnorth
03-14-2010, 05:25 PM
No charge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

stainless
03-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Lmao!

Ratickle
03-14-2010, 05:35 PM
I can't decide which one is better for attracting tourists. The one should get a lot of tourists from Detroit......:sifone:

YankeY
03-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Holy Chit! That was hilarious.

catastrophe
03-14-2010, 06:00 PM
LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sick bastage:):):):):):)

Chris
03-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Both of those videos sugar-coated the hell out of it.

The "our economy depends on LeBron" isn't far off.

Scarab KV
03-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Too funny

Chris
03-14-2010, 06:56 PM
The first thing Clevelanders always jump at is the old "river on fire" thing. That was decades ago. There's no industry anymore along the Cuyahoga to dump anything into it. But if they tell you it's clean, they're full of S... The city just south uses the river for their sewage system overflow. They've been dumping raw sewage into the river for many years. A year or so ago, a couple hikers were wading in the water. One slipped and cut his foot. He died from the infection. The river runs through the center of a national park. There are signs posted all along it warning visitors.

Welcome to the rust belt.

Nortechnorth
03-14-2010, 07:54 PM
The funny thing for me is that I used to go to Cleveland semi-regularly as a tourist. I'd go to the Rock Hall and walk around downtown (in the daylight) and carry on to Cedar Point later in the weekend. They did a nice job cleaning it up down there. I always had a great time. I did decide to follow the map (before GPS) out of town a different way when heading back to Toronto once. I had followed 2 along the lake every other time. But the map showed another highway (6) or (20) that went east through town. So I followed it. Turned out to be a street, not a highway. And all of a sudden I was in a WARZONE. Windows boarded up in all the storefronts, people selling drugs on the street, guys with really baggy jeans all over the place. I pulled up to a stoplight and a guy was slapping a girl around on the corner and a cop is standing across the road just watching! I am sitting in this van with Canadian tags and a pretty young lady with me. I didn't stop for another stoplight for another mile or two, green or red! The "don't slow down in East Cleveland or you'll die" part has some truth.

.38Special
03-14-2010, 08:06 PM
And now you don't even have Brady Quinn!!!

Chris
03-14-2010, 09:09 PM
And now you don't even have Brady Quinn!!!

He's almost certainly assured of a Superbowl ring now.

Wrinkleface
03-14-2010, 09:22 PM
those gotta leave a mark somewhere, even if it's skidmarks in your shorts!!!:eek:

Nortechnorth
03-14-2010, 09:26 PM
I spend 95 percent of my time in Ontario or Florida. As far as the Detroit part goes, watching the following video, I have a hard time believing that the footage is shot on the same continent that I live on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JbGxIR8JTk&feature=related

Chris
03-14-2010, 10:38 PM
There's an initiative in Detroit right now to demolish approximately 50% of the city and turn it into agricultural land.

phragle
03-14-2010, 11:04 PM
There's an initiative in Detroit right now to demolish approximately 50% of the city and turn it into agricultural land.

Must go hand in hand with the "grow your own pot" radio commercials that air constantly on the Detroit radio stations...

Expensive Date
03-14-2010, 11:48 PM

What can they grow there Christmas tree's.With there winter kinda a short growing season.

fund razor
03-15-2010, 07:42 AM

Step one has been completed. :o

Wrinkleface
03-15-2010, 08:38 AM
Step one has been completed. :o

:eek:

TCEd
03-15-2010, 09:32 AM
I spend 95 percent of my time in Ontario or Florida. As far as the Detroit part goes, watching the following video, I have a hard time believing that the footage is shot on the same continent that I live on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JbGxIR8JTk&feature=related

Some of those buildings have been empty for 20-25 years. The Republicans had their convention in Detroit in 1980 and the city put window dressing on a bunch of those empty buildings to make them appear occupied. It's a gritty town but you still can have a fun time there, just need to know where you're going.
Cleveland and Detroit both have great medical centers.

Chris
03-15-2010, 09:50 AM

The military used to send surgeons to hospitals in our fine cities to learn trauma surgery. If you want to learn how to treat gunshot woulds, you gotta go to where there's gunshot wounds.

rchevelle71
03-15-2010, 10:18 AM
At least it warm and sunny in miami.

mosi
03-15-2010, 10:58 AM
But you don't have the Detroit Tigers in Miami :(

rchevelle71
03-15-2010, 04:36 PM
But you don't have the Detroit Tigers in Miami :(

We dont have the NY Yankees either, but thats what TV is for:sifone:

Expensive Date
03-15-2010, 09:11 PM

KCH in Brooklyn is great to.If you have never been there when they start on someone with multiple gunshot wounds its amazing.I always told my partners if I get shot in front of Brookdale take me to KCH.

inbetween
03-15-2010, 09:28 PM

Those aren't abandoned, those are some of the finest hotels in the Detroit metro area :ack2:

Chris
03-15-2010, 11:41 PM
We ate dinner downtown Cleveland on Saturday night. I shot this vid with my phone while we waited outside for our table...

HHXTbBdcfEg

phragle
03-15-2010, 11:47 PM

With bulletproof glass and metal detectors... When worked in the D, St johns ER got shot up, a crackhead walked into the E at Recieving with a live hand gernade, and an ambulance got jacked at gunpoint, in an ER parkinglot WITH a patient in the back....