PDA

View Full Version : Chart Question

mikey
03-11-2010, 11:16 PM
I need a way to lay out something on a chart and wanted to know if there was something online that could help. It needs to be to scale thats why it might be easier on the computer then to make a copy and draw it. Used Marineplanner.com in the past but no longer works. Does anyone know of anything that might be able to help?

Thanks

catastrophe
03-11-2010, 11:18 PM
I need a way to lay out something on a chart and wanted to know if there was something online that could help. It needs to be to scale thats why it might be easier on the computer then to make a copy and draw it. Used Marineplanner.com in the past but no longer works. Does anyone know of anything that might be able to help?

Thanks

Figure it out for yourself and quit buggin us.:sifone::)

Davidmnc
03-11-2010, 11:19 PM

:iagree::iagree:

phragle
03-11-2010, 11:27 PM
If you have the scale...it shouldn't be too difficult....

Chris
03-11-2010, 11:29 PM
A company that deals in blueprints would be able to scan it and most likey draw in what you need. They could output it in various sizes as well.

mikey
03-11-2010, 11:45 PM

Yeah ok whatever thanks for the help buddy!!!!!!:cheers2:

:iagree::iagree:

:ack2:

If you have the scale...it shouldn't be too difficult....

Good point but if i enlarge the area that I need does it effect the scale?

A company that deals in blueprints would be able to scan it and most likey draw in what you need. They could output it in various sizes as well.

Good Idea....

catastrophe
03-11-2010, 11:50 PM

Thanks

PM me with ur phone number and I'll see if I can get you help pal.:)

phragle
03-11-2010, 11:54 PM
you just need to preserve the ratio and you can enlarge it all you want.

if 1 inch equals one mile, and you double the size of the chart then 2 inches equal 1 mile. as long as you have the percentage that you increase the overal size and constrain the x and y it should be simple math. If you are using photoshop or paint, you should be able to increase size percentage wise.

Or to explain it differently.. If X (length of chart) and Y (width of chart) remain in the same ratio to each other, simply change the first number of the scale accordingly.. i.e:

original: 1" = 1 mile
now if you make it say 50% bigger you would multiply the 1" by 1.5 (1 X orig size + 50% original size) , the 1 mile remains constant. thus 1.5" = 1 mile

If you double the size it would be 1" x 2 (100%=1 +100%) So 2" = 1 mile

Same if you want to reduce the size. say you want to make it 3/4's as big, so 3/4 = 0.75.. so your scale would go 1" = 1 mile
thus for the new size 1" X 0.75 = 1 mile so 0.75" equals 1 mile

You could also work math on the second number and leave the first number alone.
The important thing to rememeber is that if you are only changing the size of the chart keeping the length and weight in the same proportion you will only need to change one number the other number must remain a constant.

if you have calipers you can cheat, using the original scale on the original chart, use the calipers and mark of 1 mile, now change the chart size on the copier or what ever your using, lay the resized copy out and remeasure your marks, that number now = 1 mile

Sean Stinson
03-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Good point but if i enlarge the area that I need does it effect the scale?

Not if you scale it proportionately silly boy!!!!

mikey
03-12-2010, 12:13 AM
PM me with ur phone number and I'll see if I can get you help pal.:)

I thought you had that already

you just need to preserve the ratio and you can enlarge it all you want.

if 1 inch equals one mile, and you double the size of the chart then 2 inches equal 1 mile. as long as you have the percentage that you increase the overal size and constrain the x and y it should be simple math. If you are using photoshop or paint, you should be able to increase size percentage wise.

Thank you for explaining it I will work on it.

Not if you scale it proportionately silly boy!!!!

Wow dont here from you for days, weeks, months ant this is how it starts:rolleyes: