PDA

View Full Version : Big Judgment in Boat Sale Lawsuit

Chris
03-10-2010, 10:19 PM
I've been hearing some rumors floating around today about a lawsuit that's been going on for some time. Some of you may remember a guy going by the name of Long Duck Dong that played a little rough with a guy on a boat deposit. Story is, he got his hide tacked to the wall by a judge.

Supposedly there's more info forthcoming.

masher44
03-10-2010, 10:28 PM
500k plus 14k

phragle
03-10-2010, 10:33 PM
500k is punitve.... but it's just a piece of paper, collecting is another matter entirely.
LDD did not show up in either.

Seafordguy
03-10-2010, 10:34 PM
LDD didn't show - 514k judgement nailed on him.

I don't know this first hand just read a thread on another site.

Geronimo36
03-10-2010, 10:38 PM
the full story is on the other boards

RLJ676
03-10-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm not surprised he lost at all, but the punitive amount is bigger than I would have thought!

That guy turned out to be a real jerkoff.

Steve 1
03-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Sounds like he pissed off the judge. Bad Move.

t500hps
03-10-2010, 11:06 PM
story is (as I've read) is that he ignored many attempts to settle out of court and mis-represented the boat and himself numerous times......without being there to defend himself after claiming he had the best lawyer seems to have pizzed off the judge. I suspect the judge laid down this large punitive expecting him to show up trying to get it reduced.

Expensive Date
03-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Sounds like he pissed off the judge. Bad Move.

I think this is a clip of the judge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLValMc9XjU

Steve 1
03-10-2010, 11:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLValMc9XjU

Yoots LOL LOL

WARPARTY36
03-10-2010, 11:43 PM
GOOD!!! Hopefully that calms his attitude a little:cuss:

Have fun with that judgement Long Douche Dong:sifone:

Sean Stinson
03-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Look Alabama is no place to phuck with the judicial system ESPECIALLY Marshall County... I know Lake Guntersville well....Great place but they don't forget....I was made aware that I had a 25 year old ticket....statue of limitations???.....right pay the ticket and your statue of limitations goes into affect and your a$$ doesn't go to jail......no problem,... who do I pay!!!!!

MarylandMark
03-11-2010, 08:14 AM
- will prostock get his $$ back?
- any chance of the $500K on top that?
- can LDD go bankrupt?
- can Prostock chase him down like Fred Goldman does to OJ?

Wrinkleface
03-11-2010, 08:24 AM
:lurk5:

fund razor
03-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Just guessing:

- will prostock get his $$ back?
- any chance of the $500K on top that?
- can LDD go bankrupt?
- can Prostock chase him down like Fred Goldman does to OJ?

1) no.
2) no.
3) maybe already is? :confused:
4) Yes, but it would look more like Dukes of Hazzard. :driving:

JupiterSunsation
03-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Just guessing:

1) no.
2) no.
3) maybe already is? :confused:

hahahaha

Wrinkleface
03-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Just guessing:

:rofl:

MarylandMark
03-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Pending further development or final resolution on this, we're going to close the thread to further posts. If something of substance materializes, we can just as easily unlock it. All we need is a PM advising us that something of merit needs to be added.

http://seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2362

Open 'er back up!

Prostock85
03-11-2010, 09:56 AM
He can declare bankruptcy on the 14 but not the 500K

Apparently a fraud judgement is good for 20 years and is expempt from declaring.

I'm not looking to be rich, just cover my inital investment, travel
costs, court costs and lawyer fees.

Btw.... There is 1% interest yearly on the whole
judgement.

2TR
03-11-2010, 09:59 AM

Apparently a fraud judgement is good for 20 years and is expempt from declaring.

judgement.

Good Job with fallowing threw with the case and not backing down!

JupiterSunsation
03-11-2010, 10:05 AM

judgement.

So in theory if you buy a new 500K boat with the "winnings" can you brag to everyone you got this new 500K boat for 14K? :D

Seriously good job and most wouldn't have followed through for 14K especially out of state.

JupiterSunsation
03-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Does anyone NOT feel like selling their boat to PS85? :D :D :D

Trim'd Up
03-11-2010, 10:08 AM

judgement.

Congrats on the judgment. I hope you're able to collect at some point.

Magic Medicine
03-11-2010, 10:19 AM
WOW, LLD couldn't have a better thing happen to him!

Chris
03-11-2010, 10:27 AM

judgement.

Be very aware of your state's laws on maintaining the judgment. In Ohio they expire after 7 years. But you get another 7 every time you make an action to collect. It costs $15 to go to the county courthouse and ask for a collection attempt on any asset. Just pick a random bank.

Chris
03-11-2010, 10:28 AM
WOW, LLD couldn't have a better thing happen to him!

Well, he could have been one of those guys that got "bit" stealing copper wires. ;)

Tantrum
03-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Congrats on the Judgment George.

I agree with the others that a Judgment is not collected money however, as I know you are aware, there are many companies out there that will buy your judgment for pennies on the dollar and spend the next 20 years chasing this clown.

Now.....lets see the pics!!!!!!!

Steve 1
03-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Well, he could have been one of those guys that got "bit" stealing copper wires. ;)

Or pissing on one!

Big Time
03-11-2010, 11:14 AM
I'm not a lawyer, but I beleive this judgement against LDD would essentially prevent him from ever owning anything outright because ProStock would be entitled to go after that as part of the recovery. Obviously there are ways to go around this...you lease a car, rent a apt./house, but at the very least it won't make life any easier for LDD. I'm glad to hear that the judge came down hard on this clown.

Knot 4 Me
03-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Congrats Prostock85.

Chris
03-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Make sure it gets reported to all three credit bureaus.

Indy
03-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Make sure it gets reported to all three credit bureaus.

:iagree:

Prostock85
03-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Now.....lets see the pics!!!!!!!

In due time.....

BUIZILLA
03-11-2010, 05:37 PM
I've got a judgement against a guy worth over 200k now, haven't collected a dime since day one...

cosmic12
03-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Conrats Prostock:cheers2:
Glad things went right for someone for a change, and good for you on seeing it through and knocking that dirt bag outa the game so no one else gets stung by him:smash::smash::smash:

Again:cheers2:

masher44
03-12-2010, 01:51 PM
on OSO:puke:

I have always learned things the HARD way in my life, and this experience is no exception. This by far has been the hardest lesson learned in my life and Im dedicated to making good on this judgement and to correct my previous behaviors.

I appreciate George taking the time to edit his posts and give a good report on my recent transactions. Ive made lots changes in business and in my personal behavior...not because I had to, but because a very patient friend (nordic95) has taken nearly a year of his life and countless hours of his time to help me see what everyone else saw and I selfishly couldnt see....that I was wrong.

Nordic and I are working on a time frame and have discussed my situation in great detail and Im confindent that PS and I will reach a suitable arrangement and I will start taking care of my end of the deal, very soon...

I apologize to the members of this board and others that took any offense to my actions, behavior, and my inability to realize what a DICK I was. There is no excuse for my behavior or my actions.

I apologize and thank Nordic & PS for this valuable lesson, it has certainly curbed some behaviors that needed to be addressed and changed.

I do want to clarify a few things...

1. I work for a company that is 100% legitimate, Im NOT the owner or decision maker and it is NOT soley owned by anyone Im related too, even my inlaws. I make a normal commission based paycheck...The company is run by people who obviously have the ability to act better than I did when I was in the drivers seat of my own business. Say anything you want about me, but dont mess with my job....I have kids to feed and child support to pay. When PS and I get our agreement ironed out I will have that to pay aswell..

2. I didnt show up to court because at the time I didnt care. People went to great lengths to cut off ALL my sources of income and I wasnt able to afford a reasonable defense.

3. Moving - Beyond popular belief I didnt move to avoid warrants, court actions, or any other reason thats been out there... I moved for my own personal reason ie: my wife.

In the end we are working through this all, and Im positive a resolution and moneys will start going toward the financial resolution for PS. If you have some input its is greatly appreciated. I have learned from Nordic one thing that I would pass onto other members of this board reading this thread...

"Be apart of the solution, not the problem"..

Positive encouragement goes a long way in helping us reach a great resolution...Negetive actions, behavior, and words will only hinder our ability to finally close this out....

Airpacker
03-12-2010, 03:06 PM
ya, ok slimeball :) Now he's sorry. LOL

Magic Medicine
03-12-2010, 03:08 PM

or cataletic convertors:rofl:

Chris
03-12-2010, 03:17 PM
He sounds exactly like every guy that screamed about his innocence through his entire trial and at the sentencing repents on all his bad behavior. Sort of like our old state trooper friend.

Knot 4 Me
03-12-2010, 03:24 PM
I just hope no one falls for his BS.

VetteLT193
03-12-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm glad this worked out. hopefully you will get some actual money out of the judgment.

DollaBill
03-12-2010, 03:56 PM
He's saying that crap so he can get Prostock to drop the 500K.

Knot 4 Me
03-12-2010, 04:03 PM
he's saying that crap so he can get prostock to drop the 500k.+ 1.

Sea-Dated
03-12-2010, 04:25 PM

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

:cuss::cuss:

Chris
03-12-2010, 04:40 PM
The reality is, the only way Dong is ever going to see a half mil of his own dough is with a winning lottery ticket. Beyond that, if PS can get his 14, fees and a couple bucks for his time, he'd be doing well.

Chasing a bottomfeeder can be frustrating and exhausting.

masher44
03-12-2010, 04:43 PM
The reality is, the only way Dong is ever going to see a half mil of his own dough is with a winning lottery ticket. Beyond that, if PS can get his 14, fees and a couple bucks for his time, he'd be doing well.

Chasing a bottomfeeder can be frustrating and exhausting.

yep

still outstanding

Tommy Gun
03-12-2010, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=masher44;456612]on OSO:puke:

2. I didnt show up to court because at the time I didnt care. People went to great lengths to cut off ALL my sources of income and I wasnt able to afford a reasonable defense.
QUOTE]

:icon_bs: Reminds me of Belushi in Blues Brothers...The dog at my court papers; I had a flat tire; I overslept; I ran out of gas; my watch broke...it wasn't my fault!

He could have represented himself...based on all his posts he seemed to believe he was quite the expert in such matters. Idiot. I just hope PS doesn't fall for his BS again and cut the guy a break. At this point I'd tell him to first get the $14k plus his costs paid up and then discuss settlement.

MarylandMark
03-12-2010, 05:52 PM
At this point I'd tell him to first get the $14k plus his costs paid up and then discuss settlement.

100000% correct!!

Don't drop crap until you are whole for the original amount, Nordic's time and a few bucks for aggravation. You can drop whatever you want later if you wanted to but for right now just try to get back to square one.

Good job Nordic as well- nice stepping up to the plate!

elvisali
03-12-2010, 05:54 PM

Oh, I am on the hook for $500,000...it was all just a big joke, lets be friends now :cheers2:

US1Fountain
03-12-2010, 06:28 PM
I just hope no one falls for his BS.

I think somebody already is.

phragle
03-12-2010, 07:20 PM
lets see.. the easy installment plan.. $514,000 / 50 years / 12 mos. = $856.67 a month (without interest) The 25 year plan would be $1720 a month..

Prostock85
03-12-2010, 07:30 PM
I think somebody already is.

Not this time, things will all be done through my lawyer if at all. I'm still tossing around the thought of just selling it and getting rid of the aggravation. Any suggestions for debt purchasers?

MarylandMark
03-12-2010, 08:25 PM
What % would you get selling it? I'd do that in a heartbeat if it was some real cash right now.

fund razor
03-12-2010, 08:30 PM
on OSO:puke:

I have always learned things the HARD way in my life, and this experience is no exception. This by far has been the hardest lesson learned in my life and Im dedicated to making good on this judgement and to correct my previous behaviors.

I appreciate George taking the time to edit his posts and give a good report on my recent transactions. Ive made lots changes in business and in my personal behavior...not because I had to, but because a very patient friend (nordic95) has taken nearly a year of his life and countless hours of his time to help me see what everyone else saw and I selfishly couldnt see....that I was wrong.

Nordic and I are working on a time frame and have discussed my situation in great detail and Im confindent that PS and I will reach a suitable arrangement and I will start taking care of my end of the deal, very soon...

I apologize to the members of this board and others that took any offense to my actions, behavior, and my inability to realize what a DICK I was. There is no excuse for my behavior or my actions.

I apologize and thank Nordic & PS for this valuable lesson, it has certainly curbed some behaviors that needed to be addressed and changed.

I do want to clarify a few things...

1. I work for a company that is 100% legitimate, Im NOT the owner or decision maker and it is NOT soley owned by anyone Im related too, even my inlaws. I make a normal commission based paycheck...The company is run by people who obviously have the ability to act better than I did when I was in the drivers seat of my own business. Say anything you want about me, but dont mess with my job....I have kids to feed and child support to pay. When PS and I get our agreement ironed out I will have that to pay aswell..

3. Moving - Beyond popular belief I didnt move to avoid warrants, court actions, or any other reason thats been out there... I moved for my own personal reason ie: my wife.

In the end we are working through this all, and Im positive a resolution and moneys will start going toward the financial resolution for PS. If you have some input its is greatly appreciated. I have learned from Nordic one thing that I would pass onto other members of this board reading this thread...

"Be apart of the solution, not the problem"..

Positive encouragement goes a long way in helping us reach a great resolution...Negetive actions, behavior, and words will only hinder our ability to finally close this out....
Look. "Intensional Freud." :D

richanton
03-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Anybody have a link that tells the whole story?

timewarp
03-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Anybody have a link that tells the whole story?

See post #18 this thread