PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the FPC Sanibel-Fort Myers Poker Run?

Lubejobs42
03-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Just want to see who is planning on going to the Fort Myers run 3/19-3/20?
It's always a great run!!
Who's in??!!!

glh
03-10-2010, 11:35 PM
I can't make it for that weekend due to work but I am doing the other one the following weekend in Cape Coral, our MTI and a friend with his Nortech will be there.

jmbtile
03-11-2010, 02:53 AM
If Randy gets my motors back in the boat we'll be there. Had a great time last year. You can play up front with the JBS boat.

Cold Call
03-11-2010, 11:14 AM
See you there.

bluellama
03-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Just want to see who is planning on going to the Fort Myers run 3/19-3/20?
It's always a great run!!
Who's in??!!!

Where are they staging? We'll be in FMB from the 14th till the 25th.

Bobthebuilder
03-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Bob will be there. Lets see..... Team PREDATOR, JBS, Gold Rush .... looks like you will be the smallest boat there, Gino !! :26: LOL

jayboat
03-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Bob will be there. Lets see..... Team PREDATOR, JBS, Gold Rush .... looks like you will be the smallest boat there, Gino !! :26: LOL

LOL!

Sanibel Harbor Resort.

Bobthebuilder
03-11-2010, 04:19 PM

Here are some event details: Everglades City is a really cool destination and this is a great run for those that can make it.

SANIBEL-FORT MYERS POKER RUN
MARCH 19 - 21, 2010

FPC eNews March 3, 2010

The Sanibel Island area and southwest Florida, including the Lee Island Coast and 10,000 Islands, provide some of the most enjoyable cruising waterways and scenic beauty in the Sunshine State. The 2010 edition of the Sanibel Fort Myers Poker Run is a great way to experience many of these highlights in just a few short days.

With home-base at the highly acclaimed Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Marina, this boating hub is essentially the crossroads between the enourmous Caloosahatchee River, the protected bay waters of Pine Island Sound, and the open waters of the Gulf of Mexico. The significance of this location, is that it provides the ideal launching point for cruising to a variety of destinations: northbound to places like South Seas Resort on Captiva Island, Cabbage Key, Useppa and Charlotte Harbor. Exploring southbound, coastal waters connect Fort Myers Beach, Bonita Beach and Lovers Key, and on fair-weather days, performance boaters can easily reach great destinations like Naples, Marco Island and Everglades City in virtually minutes.

Changing the 2010 event format to keep the spirit for adventure alive, FPC has planned a Friday fun run to Cabbage Key, and a Saturday poker run to Everglades City, gateway to the 10,000 Islands and Everglades National Park. More detailed information about the event can be found in the section below.

Please join us for great accommodations, exciting adventures, and a weekend of fun with members of the Florida Powerboat Club

Stu Jones
Florida Powerboat Club

Everglades City Lunch Stop

The 2010 Edition of the Sanibel Fort Myers Poker Run will provide a Friday Fun Run format, taking early-arriving participants northbound to South Seas Resort and Cabbage Key, and on Saturday, the poker run format will head southbound, first to Hamilton Harbour Yacht Club in Naples, then Marco Island and Everglades City. The old-Florida charm of the quiet little backwater town of Everglades City (ironically more of a village) carries with it a colorful past as a popular destination for both anglers and smugglers from decades past.

Once a farming community in the early 1900's, Everglades City later became industrialized by Baron Collier, but by mid-century, Everglades National Park took the spotlight, and for the last several decades, the area has been more popular with anglers and outdoorsman, and more recently eco-tourism has taken an active role in the local economy. The 10,000 Islands are among the most popular waterways for kayakers and canoers, with numerous tour operators and established touring routes throughout the area.

In the heart of this quaint little town is the all-new Everglades Isle, an exclusive "Motorcoach Retreat" (don't call this an RV park..its as upscale as they come!) With abundant floating docks and an elegant clubhouse, this first class establishment will host a lavish lunch for our poker run guests, followed by airboat tours through the eleborate array of narrow, inter-connected mangrove waterways. It is perhaps this unique geography and access to the open Gulf waters that made this such a popular haven for the smuggling trade three decades ago. Please join us for this exciting opportunity to explore a very interesting part of the Sunshine State.

Dinner Party & Poker Cards

Saturday evening, with the boats docked for the night. And with an exciting day to remember, guests will congregate at Charley's Cabana Bar for happy hour, then proceed to one of Sanibel Harbor's private ballrooms to enjoy dinner and play out the poker cards. The festive dinner party will include a variety of Peoples Choice awards, along with Sponsor introductions and special awards. Aerial helicopter footage and video highlights from the day will play in HD video on the big screen, as participants enjoy the camaraderie with old and new boating friends.

Accommodations*Dockage*Event Details

Event 3rd Annual SANIBEL FORT MYERS POKER RUN

Dates: March 19-21, 2010

Resort:Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Marina

Fort Myers (Punta Rassa) Florida

Rates: $ 269/stnd Rooms, Suites & 2B Condos available

All resevations made by FPC staff.

Dockage:Sanibel Resort Marina ( primarily Floating docks)

Boat Ramp: Located nearby, less than one mile from resort

Excellent ramp facilities. Off-site trailer parking for participants.

Activities: Friday Fun Run north, in bay-waters to Cabbage Key- Departs12 Noon

Lunch in a rustic setting at this famous island destination.

Saturday Poker Run: Departs 10 AM- Card #1

Card#2- Hamilton Harbour Yacht Club- Touch & Go

Card#3- Marco Island (TBA)

Card#4 Everglades Isle @ Everglades City- Lunch & Airboat tours

Saturday Evening: Poker Run Dinner Party- Sanibel Harbour Ballroom

Sunday: Check out- Pull boats out at ramp - Shuttling assistance provided

For more complete information you should contact the FPB office,

Bob

Bobthebuilder
03-11-2010, 04:40 PM

Steve. You and a guest are welcome to join me for the lunch run on Friday. My Saturday crew will be working so I have some room. Let me know.
Bob

bluellama
03-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Steve. You and a guest are welcome to join me for the lunch run on Friday. My Saturday crew will be working so I have some room. Let me know.
Bob

Bob, don't know how I missed this thread. Thank goodness you sent me a PM.
Thanks for the amazing offer. My Dad and I are looking forward too it.
I'm in Fort Myers now, I'll touch base with you this week.
Thanks again.
Steve