PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Fans Stink ?

Bobcat
03-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:18 am EST
Derek Anderson to Browns fans: No, YOU stink

By MJD

For some NFL players who get released, it's difficult to leave a team, because they've grown to love the organization, fans and city.

But that is not the case with Derek Anderson(notes). After being cut in the wake of the Cleveland Browns acquiring Seneca Wallace(notes), Anderson is leaving Cleveland with anger, resentment and vengeance flowing from his fingertips.

Jeff Schudel of The News-Herald in Ohio e-mailed Anderson to ask for his thoughts on being released. Anderson sent the following back:

"The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner. I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured.

"I know at times I wasn't great. I hope and pray I'm playing when my team comes to town and (we) roll them."

Goodness. The fans of Cleveland, perhaps the North American city that has experienced the most sports suffering in history, don't even deserve a winner? That's some anger.

Anderson has since kinda/sorta apologized, saying Wednesday in a statement: "I said some things [to Schudel] earlier that I regret. … I wasn't taken out of context, but I was speaking out of my frustration after my career with the Browns came to a close."

The incident Anderson is so bitter about is this: In late 2008, Anderson went down with a knee injury in the fourth quarter of a loss to the Colts. The fans cheered as he squirmed on the turf in pain. Evidently, he hasn't gotten over it.

It's hard to blame the guy for it. Someone else cheering your misery is cruel, ridiculous and absolutely senseless. And all Browns fans got out of their cold-heartedness was to see Ken Dorsey(notes) and Bruce Gradkowski(notes) go 0-4 over the last quarter of the season, losing those games by a combined score of 102-19. So, yeah, everything was Derek Anderson's fault.

Anyway, being still young and physically gifted, Anderson will get another chance somewhere else. As for getting a chance to stick it to the Browns, well ... let's worry about getting that career quarterback rating above 70 first.

Comments from Bloggers

Cleveland is the $HIT hole of the U.S.
Detroit has more of a chance of winning this year then Cleveland. Eric Mangini is an absolute retard, he trades the only offensive weapons his team had (Winslow and Edwards) and expects his quarterbacks to play well?
Anderson and Quinn had absolutely no chance in that offense. No lone in front of them, no running game (until the last couple of weeks), and to weapons to throw to.
Good luck winning 4 games this year Cleveland!!!

Five Cent Worth
03-10-2010, 04:49 PM
"The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner. I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured.

I believe we were cheering becuase of inconsistant play. Dude is a clown.

Good luck DA. :seeya:

P.S. Ask the Cavs how bad the fans are.... :bump:

Five Cent Worth
03-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Eric Mangini is an absolute retard, he trades the only offensive weapons his team had (Winslow and Edwards) and expects his quarterbacks to play well?

Those guys did awesome this year, lol. :icon_bs:

I will admit they didn't have a lot to throw to.