PDA

View Full Version : Sirius XM what do you think?

Boss252
11-21-2008, 03:01 PM
I don't mind the merge but I hate that some of the channels have changed. Buzzsaw was one of my favorite stations. They are playing some different music on Octane too. Hopefully it will get better as time goes on.

Bobcat
11-21-2008, 03:33 PM
I am waiting to renew, (runs out in dec) hate to pay and they go belly up! without xm there is nothing to listen to down here, 4 stations same sponsors 3 commercials over and over...............................

BDiggity
11-21-2008, 03:40 PM
I don't mind the merge but I hate that some of the channels have changed. Buzzsaw was one of my favorite stations. They are playing some different music on Octane too. Hopefully it will get better as time goes on.

i havent noticed much of a difference other than 19 is now an ac/dc station. But they have done that in past w/ grateful dead i think. i did notice the old skool hip hop station (43) is now gone. pretty much i keep it on stern 100 tho. i cant complain because both our kenwood sirius units i bought off ebay worked w/out activating so we are getting it for free.

clayinaustin
11-21-2008, 03:45 PM
I have XM. It's pretty much sounds the same to me.

I listen to "20 on 20", "XM Kiss", "Mix", "Bluesville", and some of the standup comedy channels, i.e. 150, 151, etc.

Boss252
11-21-2008, 03:51 PM
I hear you Bob. It's the same way here that is why I went with Sirius. I am glad Covino and Rich are still on channel 108

Knot 4 Me
11-21-2008, 03:57 PM
I don't like that I have to pay more with XM to get NASCAR and NFL, but otherwise not much of a difference. The Boneyard is now Hairsomethingoranother and Top Tracks is now Classic Vinyl. Those are the stations I normally listen to.

Sea-Dated
11-21-2008, 04:02 PM
As long as Fox News doesn't change than I don't care what they do.

That is all my wife and I listen to on the way to the lake and back every weekend.

We really like John Gibson.

JupiterSunsation
11-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Keep searching since some channels are still there but new numbers. The Pulse (sirius channel 9) is now 12. The Playboy channel is just below Howard Stern at 99 (he is 100 and 101).

I only bought Sirius for Howard but have gotten very used to the no commercial thing. I bought the $500 lifetime membership a couple years back. If I get to 38 months then the 500 or $12 a month even out (with the taxes, etc).

Tommy Gun
11-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Northstar uses Sirius for it's sattelite weather; Garmin uses XM. I'm told the two are not compatible with one another...wtf?

inbetween
11-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Northstar uses Sirius for it's sattelite weather; Garmin uses XM. I'm told the two are not compatible with one another...wtf?

Not sure about the weather part, but I took the XM receiver out of our yukon and put in a sirius one. Still using the factory installed xm antenna - seems to be compatible as far as the antenna goes

ItsPeanut
11-22-2008, 02:36 AM
Ive been a sirius sucscriber since Howard left regular radio. I dont know the last time ive listened to regular radio but i dont like having my stations switched on me. Im also funny about the fact if its going to be around for much longer with the debt their piling up. Are they the next bailout?

insanity
11-22-2008, 04:28 AM
I just started listening to Sirius, been borrowing a friends reciever to decide if its worth it or not. So far I like it, its great be able to drive 3-4 hours at a time and not have to constantly hunt for stations and what not. I wasn't aware of the money problems, is it really that bleak?

MarylandMark
11-22-2008, 10:21 AM

I ran in to this last year- no plans to make weather work with Garmin's with the merger either. Garmin asked the FCC to require the XM signal be maintained at it's present frequency for the next 20 years. (http://satelliteradiotechworld.blogspot.com/2007/04/garmin-issues-notice-on-merger.html)

Bobcat
11-22-2008, 12:04 PM
can you rub one off to playboy radio??? that would be like actually reading the articles!!

RedDog382
11-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Still waiting to be able to activate the Sirius radio in my 260 SS Formula under my XM family plan ...

Mentalpause
11-22-2008, 10:17 PM

Just get an Iphone and you can do away with all this crap!:sifone:

MarylandMark
11-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Just get an Iphone and you can do away with all this crap!

How?

Mentalpause
11-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Just kidding. Although it does about everything else but receive satellite radio. I'm glad my boat and truck both came with Sirius, I prefer it over XM. Like Knot said, it is disappointing that they are charging upgrade prices to XM customers to get Nascar and NFL stations.

inbetween
11-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Just kidding. Although it does about everything else but receive satellite radio.

I can get sirius radio on my HTC 6800 phone/pda. Although it comes through te data connection not satellite :biggrinjester:

Sirius has better programming than XM. Have had both.

MarylandMark
11-23-2008, 12:37 PM
I have Sirius on my boat- only activate it 5-6 months of the year so haven't heard the new XM/Sirius stuff yet.

I wanted to add XM weather to my Garmin but held off since they were merging and I was hoping for some break thru vs 2 antenna's and services.

I have an iPhone 16G 3G so was hoping you had a secret I didn't know yet that would have solved my problems (well that problem anyway.. LOL)

Boss252
11-24-2008, 11:58 AM
I can get sirius radio on my HTC 6800 phone/pda. Although it comes through te data connection not satellite :biggrinjester:

Sirius has better programming than XM. Have had both.

What program are you using? I use Sirius WM5 on my Moto Q

inbetween
11-24-2008, 10:07 PM
What program are you using? I use Sirius WM5 on my Moto Q

Same thing. Sirius wm5

MarylandMark
11-24-2008, 10:18 PM
I see you are selling your Northstar? Awesome price!!

Garmin next and/or what'd you figure out on the weather?

ChrisK.
11-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Iheartradio That will let you get radio on the I phone.