PDA

View Full Version : Cuba, ever been there ?

TCEd
03-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Yea, I know it's the evil empire and we cannot go there but people do go there. Was watching a TV show and Cuba looks so old school and off the grid. If the restrictions were dropped it seems like a cool place to visit before the all inclusive mega resorts appear.
so have any of our Canadians visited ?

ed

JupiterSunsation
03-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Look up Bobthebuilder's posts........he drove his 50 Nortech there and back out of Key West last year!

rchevelle71
03-09-2010, 01:50 PM
BobtheBuilder was there last year

TCEd
03-09-2010, 01:56 PM
I know Bob went but I'm thinking more of a fly there two week vacation. See Havana and some of the other coastal cities and interior.

JupiterSunsation
03-09-2010, 02:02 PM
My buddy (from Ireland) went there with his bride on their honeymoon. He had been before, she has lived in the States for years and was accustomed to a fairly high level of luxury. Needless to say it was not her dream honeymoon.....hotel was old, bathroom was nasty and something leaked constantly on the floor. He bragged about the diving, the cigars and the ambiance of the old world.........she was screaming get me out of this 3rd world dump. They coincidentally got married on 9/11 (1999) so we call their wedding the disaster before the "disaster."

imco offshore
03-09-2010, 05:25 PM
I made a few of trips during the Mauriell boat lift ,,, sat in the harbor for a day and paid 10 bucks for a sandwich,,,lolol

Wrinkleface
03-09-2010, 05:28 PM
I know Bob went but I'm thinking more of a fly there two week vacation. See Havana and some of the other coastal cities and interior.

grab some Stogies!!!:sifone:

Perlmudder
03-10-2010, 12:02 AM
My buddy (from Ireland) went there with his bride on their honeymoon. He had been before, she has lived in the States for years and was accustomed to a fairly high level of luxury. Needless to say it was not her dream honeymoon.....hotel was old, bathroom was nasty and something leaked constantly on the floor. He bragged about the diving, the cigars and the ambiance of the old world.........she was screaming get me out of this 3rd world dump. They coincidentally got married on 9/11 (1999) so we call their wedding the disaster before the "disaster."

Same thing that every girl I spoke to said about their spring break trip to Cuba!

pullmytrigger
03-10-2010, 07:22 PM
We have friends that go every year to the same place and love it.....we were going to go this year but are going to California instead.....we know LOTS of people who have gone.....like anywhere theres some crappy resorts (you gotta watch your star rating!!!.....put an extra star on when going to Cuba....no less than 4 preferably 5) the general concensus is it has some VERY beautiful beaches, people are nice but the food is just OK.

jeff1000man
03-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Delete snide remark here. :sifone:

TCEd
03-10-2010, 08:49 PM
We have friends that go every year to the same place and love it.....we were going to go this year but are going to California instead.....we know LOTS of people who have gone.....like anywhere theres some crappy resorts (you gotta watch your star rating!!!.....put an extra star on when going to Cuba....no less than 4 preferably 5) the general concensus is it has some VERY beautiful beaches, people are nice but the food is just OK.

Thought there would be some great beaches

Bobcat
03-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Imagine Miami without running water and your pretty much there.

jeff1000man
03-11-2010, 12:41 AM
Imagine Miami without running water and your pretty much there.

If Cuba was so great, why would they all be swimming over here? :ack2:

htrdlncn
03-11-2010, 04:29 AM
Very few Cuban nationals are allowed in the resort areas except to work.
Lets not forget that Cuba is still a Communist country.
You get in trouble there don't count on anyone from the USA to come get you.

pullmytrigger
03-11-2010, 09:48 AM
If Cuba was so great, why would they all be swimming over here? :ack2:

From a holiday perspective its about 20 - 25% less $$ than going to a Caribbean Island....for a family, it adds up.....to live there, off the Resort, just like the Caribbean, is another matter entirely.....

drpete3
03-11-2010, 10:50 AM
I ve heard that fishing there is very good