PDA

View Full Version : Got to love air travel...

glh
03-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Shopping for a one way flight to Detroit this morning for next week... Here is the joke...

On the same day....

-One way direct to Detroit from here.... $487

-One way to St-Louis with one stop through Detroit (same flight as above)... $232

I guess I'll go to St-Louis and get lost in Detroit!!

Oh yes it's boating related in a strange way!

http://www.limestonedev.com/mti/2009_hudson/DOI_10102009_1.jpg

ImaPoser
03-05-2010, 10:59 AM
That's the kind of nonsense that makes me drive everywhere.
My nearest airport is Cincinnati. It is ALWAYS cheaper for me to drive to Dayton, fly in to Cincinnati, then get on the same flight out of Cincinnati than it is to just get on the plane here.

.38Special
03-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Did you try the Flint, MI airport? Only an hour drive to Detroit or even less if you're going to one of the engine builders...not saying...just saying:willy_nilly:

Madpoodle
03-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Try booking it as a round trip, make sure the return date is after the Saturday that follows the departure date. Usually way cheaper, then you toss the second half away, though I have actually redeemed a few of those later to fly elsewhere..

Five Cent Worth
03-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Did you try the Flint, MI airport? Only an hour drive to Detroit or even less if you're going to one of the engine builders...not saying...just saying:willy_nilly:

Or Toledo.

Ms PatriYacht
03-08-2010, 11:50 PM
GL why one way are you picking up something? I just went through the same thing trying to fly to upstate NY for the day, it was about 800 to fly to Rochester, I finally gave up and drove.