PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who is still a fan of Lost

macjazzy
03-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Read in the paper today that the writers and producers of Lost were at a TV convention in Beverly Hills Ca. and said that they have no intention of answering all or even most of the questions they have created during the course of the series. They said they just don't have enough time left.

One of the producers was quoted as saying "Ultimately, the way we look at it is if the charecters don't care about that question, then we as storytellers don't care about that question"

Ignoring the fact that the characters are fake people invented and developed by the writers/producers.

I was hooked on that show, but quit watching several years ago becaue I got tired of the way they brought up new questions every week then ignored them and just went on with more questions. I am so glad I bailed then rather than having invested a bunch more time only to have the writers leave the audience they built up, out in the dark after all this time.

Seems like a B/S cop out to me. Personally I think they never had any master plan/idea of what is really going on in the little world they created. They just rode the popularity with no thought or plan as how to end it. Now the end is here and even though it was announced by ABC in May of 2007 that 2010 would be the end of the series the writers are using the excuse that they don't have enough time to explain everything.

BTW they also announced there would be no webchats, or series finale movie, or any further explainations after the show is over.

So those of you still watching expect to be let down when it ends.

clayinaustin
03-02-2010, 02:40 PM
I DVR it every Tuesday night. I like it, but I don't expect everything to "work out" by the last episode.

rchevelle71
03-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Worst show on TV, If I am going to waste an hour of my time, I might as well watch CSI:eek:

sledge
03-02-2010, 03:17 PM
It's the Ponzi scheme of TV...

VetteLT193
03-02-2010, 03:45 PM
they couldn't possibly answer all the questions of the clusterf**k they created.

mikes280
03-02-2010, 08:35 PM
maybe they will end it by dropping a bomb and blowing the place up. I tried to watch it the first year and lost interest real fast.

DollaBill
03-02-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm hooked on the show Criminal Minds. That, South Park and Family guy are the only shows worth watching

Lee
03-02-2010, 09:28 PM
:cheers2::cheers2:

rchevelle71
03-02-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm hooked on the show Criminal Minds. That, South Park and Family guy are the only shows worth watching

I'll second Family Guy:sifone: