phragle
03-02-2010, 04:52 AM
what is this formula for?????

100 x 1st 10
50 x 2nd 10
20 x the rest

RedDog382
03-02-2010, 09:04 PM
IV fluid hydration for pediatric patients weight in kilograms divided over 24 hours. Got somethng more difficult ...?

Wrinkleface
03-02-2010, 09:11 PM
IV fluid hydration for pediatric patients weight in kilograms divided over 24 hours. Got somethng more difficult ...?

smart azz!!!!:biggrinjester:

phragle
03-02-2010, 10:24 PM

You didn't waste any time on that.... :cheers2:

fund razor
03-02-2010, 10:50 PM

Please design a health care system and a way to pay for it in 1000 words or less. This is a timed test. You have 20 minutes. Begin.

phragle
03-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Darwin already did. Those with the intelligence to provide themselves with health care, do. The rest...

RedDog382
03-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Please design a health care system and a way to pay for it in 1000 words or less. This is a timed test. You have 20 minutes. Begin.

They (the party in control) won't like it. I already did 2.5 hours of unpaid overtime (charity) today because the boss doesn't want to lose his bonuses paying me for taking care of sick people. The US government cut Medicare payments to us doctors by another 21% yesterday. Today the hospital laid off 14 of the lowest-paid but hardest-working techs in the ED. The water is swirling, and not in a good direction.

Can I work on it tomorrow ...?

RedDog382
03-02-2010, 11:04 PM
You didn't waste any time on that.... :cheers2:

Sorry for the delay in answering, but I worked 11.5 hours of a 9 hour shift today ...

Wrinkleface
03-02-2010, 11:06 PM
They (the party in control) won't like it. I already did 2.5 hours of unpaid overtime (charity) today because the boss doesn't want to lose his bonuses paying me for taking care of sick people. The US government cut Medicare payments to us doctors by another 21% yesterday. Today the hospital laid off 14 of the lowest-paid but hardest-working techs in the ED. The water is swirling, and not in a good direction.

That sux Buddy!:(

RedDog382
03-02-2010, 11:12 PM

Ok, Fund ... I got it! Did I mention my new business out here?

I come to your home, office, hotel room, RV, or Gulfstream with 22 years of ED experience and take care of whatever you need. Like the line from the Eagles song Life in the Fast Lane ... "the doctor say he's coming but you gotta pay him cash". I take cash, credit cards, and poker chips. Trade for other services negotiable. I already get my drinks comped at some bars ...

phragle
03-02-2010, 11:13 PM

I have 2 1/2 semesters of nursing school left. Thank you for the encouragement. However I do believe the way cutbacks in staffing are going across the country, it will implode. people will die, and then pt. ratios will become popular..... eventually

fund razor
03-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Ok, Fund ... I got it! Did I mention my new business out here?

I come to your home, office, hotel room, RV, or Gulfstream with 22 years of ED experience and take care of whatever you need. Like the line from the Eagles song Life in the Fast Lane ... "the doctor say he's coming but you gotta pay him cash". I take cash, credit cards, and poker chips. Trade for other services negotiable. I already get my drinks comped at some bars ...

I'm in. Can I get a hypochondriac discount? :D

fund razor
03-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Hey Chris.... St. V's fired the information ladies. :o
They said security would do it.

Meanwhile... St. Luke's is in so deep it's negotiating with Promedica to join the system.

RedDog382
03-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Hey Chris.... St. V's fired the information ladies. :o
They said security would do it.

Meanwhile... St. Luke's is in so deep it's negotiating with Promedica to join the system.

Tough times everywhere! And the CEO of Promedica is still trying to figure out how to spend his $22 million-dollar income from '07-'08. He should be in prison. Can't wait for this all to turn around ...

Sorry Phragle, long day. Stick with it and keep at it. We need more good hard-working nurses like we had in the old days!

RedDog382
03-02-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm in. Can I get a hypochondriac discount? :D

You mean like frequent-flyer miles ...? :)

Wrinkleface
03-02-2010, 11:33 PM
$22 million-dollar income from '07-'08.

Oh man, me & George R in the wrong business!!!!!:willy_nilly:

Cash Bar
03-02-2010, 11:33 PM
I come to your home, office, hotel room, RV, or Gulfstream with 22 years of ED experience and take care of whatever you need. ...

Chris, seriously(!), isn't there something to be said for greasing a concierge(or 50) and getting the ON CALL DR gig for like the Wynn, and other 5 star joints?

Like a ships Dr. but unofficially.

RedDog382
03-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Oh man, me & George R in the wrong business!!!!!:willy_nilly:

If only George had the foresight to see beyond the thong on his nose ...:bump:

Wrinkleface
03-02-2010, 11:37 PM
If only George had the foresight to see beyond the thong on his nose ...:bump:

Yeah, he's a slow learner!!!!!:biggrinjester:

RedDog382
03-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Chris, seriously(!), isn't there something to be said for greasing a concierge(or 50) and getting the ON CALL DR gig for like the Wynn, and other 5 star joints?

Like a ships Dr. but unofficially.

You have to make it with the Risk Management people to get this gig. It's all about who you know. I was set to go in as the house doc for Fontainebleau Las Vegas until it imploded. I am working on some other things right now.

Have to be careful with the grease out here ... the gaming comission exists to investigate things like this and it was strongly advised that I avoid doing it. The IRS would have a field day and the state medical board would undoubtedly pursue ethics investigations. For some reason, physicians are held to a much higher standard than the rest of the business world.

Lots of hustlers trying to take my money for introductions, but no guarantee on results. And contracts here are about as valuable as used toilet paper ...