PDA

View Full Version : Team USA - Olympic Hockey

clayinaustin
02-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Team USA is beating Finland 2-0 in the first period.

clayinaustin
02-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Team gets another PowerPlay goal. 3-0

clayinaustin
02-26-2010, 04:24 PM
4-0! It's still in the first period. :eek:

Winner plays in the gold medal game on Sunday. :D

clayinaustin
02-26-2010, 04:27 PM
5-0!

Unbelieveable!

clayinaustin
02-26-2010, 04:28 PM
6-0! Two goals in 15 seconds!

baddogz28
02-26-2010, 04:38 PM
:usa::usa::usa:

bluellama
02-26-2010, 05:48 PM
You TX boys better be careful you don't snap an ankle jumping on the bandwagon ......... :sifone:

catastrophe
02-26-2010, 10:05 PM
You TX boys better be careful you don't snap an ankle jumping on the bandwagon ......... :sifone:

Good One!

PARADOX
02-27-2010, 01:10 AM
US and Canada for gold..
Alec... !!! My fav. Canadian. lol.. A case of Molson is on the table. If Canada wins.. I buy. If US wins.. (which we will of course) I'll get a case of Heine.. Plus.. looser does a chicken dance on the bow of his boat.
Jay filming.. :cheers2:

Ted
02-27-2010, 01:14 AM
:USA::USA::USA: Fvck yeah!!!:USA::USA::USA:

catastrophe
02-27-2010, 01:24 AM
US and Canada for gold..
Alec... !!! My fav. Canadian. lol.. A case of Molson is on the table. If Canada wins.. I buy. If US wins.. (which we will of course) I'll get a case of Heine.. Plus.. looser does a chicken dance on the bow of his boat.
Jay filming.. :cheers2:

Like the women won!!!!!!!!!!!! And were OH SO Gracious while accepting the Silver.

But like I've said before doesnt matter to me who wins. These teams are all great.

Ted
02-27-2010, 01:30 AM
Like the women won!!!!!!!!!!!! And were OH SO Gracious while accepting the Silver.

But like I've said before doesnt matter to me who wins. These teams are all great.

Looks like they are celebrating pretty hard...

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/blogs/postblog/2010/02/emergency-shipment-of-condoms-headed-to-olympic-athletes.html

Slandrew
02-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Sunday they will take the Gold like 1980:USA:

pullmytrigger
02-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Canada 1 - 0 in the first in the final.... YES!

pullmytrigger
02-28-2010, 05:25 PM
two nothing Canada.....

Spicy
02-28-2010, 05:52 PM
2 to 1 Canada after two periods...

Let's Go USA!!!!

scottw
02-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OT for the Gold!!!! Can't get any better hockey then this.

Ted
02-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Whoot!!!! Sudden death OT for the Gold medal, heeeere we go!!!!

Tommy Gun
02-28-2010, 06:41 PM
24.4 left...ouch. USA will have major mojo heading into OT.

Tommy Gun
02-28-2010, 06:53 PM
So much for mojo, Canada having chances.

scottw
02-28-2010, 06:55 PM
I hate F**kin Crosby.

PARADOX
02-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Damn.. I guess I owe Alec a case and a dance. :( BUT.. WTF. half the Canadian team is on NHL.. It's like NFC. VS. AFC.. But .. good game.. congrats.

catastrophe
02-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Congrats to Team USA for a great game.

:USA::USA::USA::USA::cheers2:

That game and the whole series could have gone either way.

But it didnt ...so Dollabill is buying my champagne tonight.

bluellama
02-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the play by play guys....
You do realize that they play until the final whistle right?
Oh and the final whistle has blown......
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=54430.html#crosby+ot+hero+canada+captures+gold

:D :D

pullmytrigger
02-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Sunday they will take the Gold like 1980:USA:

OOHHHHHH YEEEAAAAHHHHH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Canada GOLD.....just like it should be.......!!!!!!:cheers2::cheers2::cheers2:

PARADOX
02-28-2010, 07:34 PM
It was a good game.. But I need to buy a few NHL teams and deport all the Canadian players. :) :cheers2:
I will do the dance and get the Molson to Alec. Congrats again to team NHL.. I mean Canada. :bump:

Perlmudder
02-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Yeah boi!!!!!!!!

nortech4play
02-28-2010, 07:41 PM
As much as it pains me....Congrat's to Team Canada it was a nice win in overtime......it was a very good game by both teams exactly what you'd want to see in the Gold metal game........ Not sure I like the 4 on 4 in overtime but "it is what it is"...

shadowcat
02-28-2010, 08:04 PM
WAY TO GO BOYS! It's our game!!!!! ALways has- always will be!!!

Great effort by Team USA- you made us work for it!!!!!!

Indy
02-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Too bad that little putz Crosby had to score the winning goal.

Perlmudder
02-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Was an awesome game. I don't really understand all the Crosby haters, he is an awesome player.

scottw
02-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Was an awesome game. I don't really understand all the Crosby haters, he is an awesome player.

It's a love hate thing. Love him if he is on your team, hate him if he is not.:USA:

pullmytrigger
03-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Congrats again to team NHL.. I mean Canada. :bump:

Awwww C'mon!......I suppose you vehemetly opposed the US Olympic "dream" team in 92 at Barcelona where they had Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, Micheal Jordan, Larry Bird, Scottie Pippin......shall I go on.....??????
You must have been beside yourself with that one!

Perlmudder
03-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Awwww C'mon!......I suppose you vehemetly opposed the US Olympic "dream" team in 92 at Barcelona where they had Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, Micheal Jordan, Larry Bird, Scottie Pippin......shall I go on.....??????
You must have been beside yourself with that one!

Don't waste your time on the haters! The better team won! :cheers2:

Airpacker
03-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Damn.. I guess I owe Alec a case and a dance. :( BUT.. WTF. half the Canadian team is on NHL.. It's like NFC. VS. AFC.. But .. good game.. congrats.

And what does that tell you Peter? Maybe that even American pro hockey teams KNOW where the good players are to be found :) You folks have 10 times our population yet YOUR teams hire Hosers to play for them and pay them millions in USD.
Its OUR game ya know. When was the last time you heard the kids in your neighbourhood yell out "car!" and then shuffle their nets off the road to allow a car to pass? Its a fixation. Its a tradition.Its dam nearly genetic.
The NHL isn't an American thing, its a hockey thing. The players association ( union) offices are here in Toronto too.

Tommy Gun
03-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Curious, what happened to that NHL team in Winnipeg?

ar15meister
03-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Curious, what happened to that NHL team in Winnipeg?

hmmmm

bettman, the commissioner who has never played hockey and is American sent it to Phoenix. Now they are in 4th place and get 5000 fans a game and only exist because of the BS revenue sharing and the salary cap. I saw a game there when I was down for Barrett Jackson. It was bizarre, very different from seeing a game in Toronto.

When someone tried to buy it back the NHL blocked the sale otherwise they would be an hour from Toronto right now filling 20,000 seats every night.

Five Cent Worth
03-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Maybe that even American pro hockey teams KNOW where the good players are to be found :) You folks have 10 times our population yet YOUR teams hire Hosers to play for them and pay them millions in USD.
Its OUR game ya know.

Will give you one game to calls yours. I am sure we can name off a few sports that we own.... :kiss:

Keep in mind its the old adage what sport are your countries best athletes playing? I have this same argument with a guy I work with about rugby and he is Kiwi (except he gets it - if Lebron, Julias Peppers, Ray Lewis, etc. were playing rugby opposed to basketball, football and baseball).

To your point, I am an avid sports fan and this was the first hockey game that I watched seriously. I don't even know what icing is, lol. But it was very entertaining for even the type of fan I am.

You guys were the favorities - right?

Congrats. :cheers2:

Chris
03-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Found on textsfromlastnight.com-

(908)
Canada just beat USA, the sad part they still need us to make money so who really won?

Tommy Gun
03-01-2010, 01:31 PM
hmmmm

bettman, the commissioner who has never played hockey and is American sent it to Phoenix. Now they are in 4th place and get 5000 fans a game and only exist because of the BS revenue sharing and the salary cap. I saw a game there when I was down for Barrett Jackson. It was bizarre, very different from seeing a game in Toronto.

When someone tried to buy it back the NHL blocked the sale otherwise they would be an hour from Toronto right now filling 20,000 seats every night.

Being the national heritage and all why would he have sent the team to Phoenix?

ar15meister
03-01-2010, 01:39 PM

Bettman's plan for the NHL is trying to grow the game in the USA because there are 300 million people as opposed to 30 million.

Tommy Gun
03-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Bettman's plan for the NHL is trying to grow the game in the USA because there are 300 million people as opposed to 30 million.

I wouldn't think he could just relocate a team at his whim...was there a problem in Winnipeg? Did they not support the team?

Airpacker
03-01-2010, 02:03 PM

Because bettman is a slimy little POS who has a hardon for Canada.

Airpacker
03-01-2010, 02:09 PM
I wouldn't think he could just relocate a team at his whim...was there a problem in Winnipeg? Did they not support the team?

Not the first time he has used his position to scuttle a deal on this side of the border.

Bettman's interference in deals is legendary here. Why do you think there are temas in HOT southern states that lose millions upon millions when they could be here making millions?

Surely thats not in the best interest of the teams nor the NHL but its the Bettman reality.
The past owner of them Coyotes and Jim Basilli, founder R.I.M. had a deal to buy the team for twice its actual value. Bettman stepped in and made absolutely sure that deal would not happen. A "group" of investors from Hamilton Ontario put a very large offer on the table and Bettman again scuttled the deal to keep a money losing team in a money losing arena in Az.

PARADOX
03-01-2010, 02:41 PM
And what does that tell you Peter? Maybe that even American pro hockey teams KNOW where the good players are to be found :) You folks have 10 times our population yet YOUR teams hire Hosers to play for them and pay them millions in USD.
Its OUR game ya know. When was the last time you heard the kids in your neighbourhood yell out "car!" and then shuffle their nets off the road to allow a car to pass? Its a fixation. Its a tradition.Its dam nearly genetic.
The NHL isn't an American thing, its a hockey thing. The players association ( union) offices are here in Toronto too.

Well.. that was SOME time ago.. But I love hockey. (among a few other things) I used to play looooong ... I mean loooooong time ago. The time when "Bauer" scates were all steel. LMAO..
I have mixed feeling with Pro's playing in the Olympics. But that's the way it is. If US had to loose to anyone.. it's good to be you darn Canuts. :cheers2:
Off subject... I have a tough time when a guy from Brazil, Itally or England playing in a pro US soccer team... or in the Euro league. (or any other sport) and then playing for a different Country at the world cup or the Olympics. I understand the $ thing.. but I question the morality of it. Just my .02
But as far as you darn "eiieye " guys.... :willy_nilly: Canada and the US are like close cousins.
Congrats cous.

TCEd
03-05-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm 64 and still playing in a over 50 league and I do remember my son and his friends shouting "car' and moving the nets. Where we now live the kids all play every Sunday evening at the end of the steet in a cul-de-sac.

That Canada-USA game was the best thing that's happened to hockey in years. We watched it in a sports bar in Playa de Carmen, Mexico with a bunch of Canadians. It was amazing how thrilled they were with the win.
ed