PDA

View Full Version : Miami boat show poker run- My Update

Lubejobs42
02-22-2010, 04:36 PM
We had a great weekend! great turn out, perfect weather and Saturday was proabaly the best day of boating I have had since I got the Mercedes boat. A couple of small incidents but nothing major. Here are a few pictures of the incidents.

This picture is a picture where Larry Goldman hit a piling on the way out of Miami beach marina. Most of the scratches on the Merceds boat has his name on them!

Lubejobs42
02-22-2010, 04:38 PM
This is a picture of the prop blade we broke 9 miles from Holiday Isle.

cowisl
02-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Ughh. Got to love boating. New windshield looks great!

Lubejobs42
02-22-2010, 04:41 PM
This is a picture of the wonderful Islamorada police writing ME a ticket for going to fast in an idle zone. The problem is I was the driver and again Larry Goldman was handling the throttles and in control of the speed.

Lubejobs42
02-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Here is a picture of the lovely scratches LARRY GOLDMAN put in the boat while loading the boat on the trailer and not being centered on his approach!

Imagine how great the weekend would have been had i gone alone! Thanks Larry for all the help! :kiss:

lowblue320
02-22-2010, 04:50 PM
I really like the new windshield, do you have a better pic. Btw the interior also looks nice, the five passanger looks killer ..

MarylandMark
02-22-2010, 04:52 PM
He's trying to make your boat looked banged up so you will buy a new one. He is trying to make your boat notorious with the Police so you get pulled over every time you go out, so you will buy a new boat.

LOL! Thanks for sharing and for a day in the life of Gino; the damage doesn't look too bad!

Team Tsunami
02-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Looks like you need a new throttle man Gino to take care of that beautiful MTI!!

Sydwayz
02-22-2010, 04:59 PM
We saw you get pulled over Gino. You've got the luck of a horseshoe shaped boomerang.

DollaBill
02-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Looks like you need a new throttle man Gino to take care of that beautiful MTI!!

Did you learn to run cats on Goldigger?:eek::leaving: I'm jk

Salesmanship
02-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Perfect weather???
Apparently the nice day on Saturday made you forget about Friday....

PARADOX
02-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Gino. !! you wouln't know what to do if you don't have an eventfull day.
Larry needs to stop dreweling (SP?) over the babes and take care of the boat.

Team Tsunami
02-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Did you learn to run cats on Goldigger?:eek::leaving: I'm jk

Ummm no, on ours and we know Larry as well.

cowisl
02-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Perfect weather???
Apparently the nice day on Saturday made you forget about Friday....

The CC is a gorgeous boat!

ThrottleUp Props
02-22-2010, 06:04 PM

Ouch.....I can help you with that, Gino! Give me a call if your interested.

Julie

Coolerman
02-22-2010, 06:07 PM

lol, let me guess, Larry forgot to check the props to for cracks?.....

Also, who worked on those props? Looks alot nicer than the set we got...... noticed the leading edge was finished like a hering as well.

DollaBill
02-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Ummm no, on ours and we know Larry as well.

It was a reference to..............oh forget it

Team Tsunami
02-22-2010, 06:14 PM
It was a reference to..............oh forget it

Sorry I didnt get it. Gino, post some pics of the udates that MTI did to your boat. It looks great in those!

Scarab KV
02-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Damn Gino....you need a not so normal day.

Brad
02-22-2010, 06:38 PM
What did it feel like when the prop broke?

jayboat
02-22-2010, 06:48 PM

I've wondered that as well. We threw a blade on Predator just outside of Key West. Instant huge vibration, but 3 diesels- so no severe pull that I remember, although I wasn't driving. Losing one of two has to be more severe.

DollaBill
02-22-2010, 07:26 PM
I lost one at about 90 in a 42 Fountain. hit the swimplatform and scared the chit out me b/c it sounded like a bomb went off. Vibrated bad but didnt cause any control problems

boatme
02-22-2010, 07:34 PM
ok so from now on when somthing goes wrong with Gino we will just say "Gino Got another Goldman"

Gino if you need a replacment throttle guy let me know then if we hit somthing you can just say that it left a Marc LOL

Scarab KV
02-22-2010, 07:38 PM
ok so from now on when somthing goes wrong with Gino we will just say "Gino Got another Goldman"

Gino if you need a replacment throttle guy let me know then if we hit somthing you can just say that it left a Marc LOL

Now that was funny.

Bgchuby01
02-22-2010, 07:44 PM
I would suggest you replacing Goldman with Stenson but then you would have to install an escape hatch in the floor.

DollaBill
02-22-2010, 07:47 PM
I would suggest you replacing Goldman with Stenson but then you would have to install an escape hatch in the floor.

hahahahahahaahahahaa. I just got off the phone with him and he's in the car on 95 so he won't see that til the morning LOL

Lubejobs42
02-22-2010, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=ThrottleUp Props;444991]Ouch.....I can help you with that, Gino! Give me a call if your interested.

Julie[/QUOTE

I was going to make it into a necklace charm. If you can do something, i'll send it tomorrow.
What did you have in mind?

Lubejobs42
02-22-2010, 09:31 PM

It was the loudest, scariest noise i ever heard in the boat. When it happened we stopped immediatly and killed the engines. I thought I was going to find connecting rods in the bildge or that the drive shaft broke off and destroyed the bildge. I can't believe how much noise it made!

Here are the updates that were done at MTI. They did a beautiful job!

New
one piece tinted Windshield
Dash with big Garmin
made to a 5 seater
larger rear storage compartment

Salesmanship
02-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Ouch.....I can help you with that, Gino! Give me a call if your interested.

Julie

You can fix it?

Lubejobs42
02-22-2010, 09:55 PM
You can fix it?

Terry,
The center console looked beautiful. I'm sorry i did't get by to go for a ride. I was exhausted when we got back. I will go with you on the next one. Thank you again for the offer!!

Salesmanship
02-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks Gino,
Sorry I missed you but at least you were able to enjoy some great boating on Saturday.
Are you going to do the West Coast runs next month?
I'll be happy to take you then.
TS

FastDonzi
02-22-2010, 10:07 PM
First time I ever met Larry Goldman was at Turnberry isle (around 1981), He was driving a small 16' Donzi type boat with electric shift, he was pulling head in to a slip and it wouldn't come out of forward and he went right under the dock and hit the land on the other side.:blush5:

Pro1
02-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Looks very nice. The new merc cnc props have had issues with props throwing blades. Try calling.

Brad
02-22-2010, 10:59 PM
I lost one at about 90 in a 42 Fountain. hit the swimplatform and scared the chit out me b/c it sounded like a bomb went off. Vibrated bad but didnt cause any control problems

The scariest moment I ever had in a boat was at poker run in Savannah several years ago. We were heading in to Savannah running about 80 and went by some type of confederate park. Right as we went by they shot off a REAL cannon! For a second I thought my boat had just blown up.

Brad
02-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Boat looks great!

Bigyellowcat
02-23-2010, 03:25 AM
I have thrown several blades off at different times,, seem to remember turning the boost up to 30 lbs on the 632's at the shootout and breaking a few sets of props trying to make a full pass.. something you may want to check is take a dial indicator and spin your prop shaft and make sure it did not bend it, and check the back bearing for wear... the vibration bent the prop shaft on my arneson the last time we broke a prop. it definately shakes the entire boat..

the last time i turned the boost up i had a set of rolla props on it and it bent all the blades forward and started chewing up my arneson twin fin...

jayboat
02-23-2010, 06:47 AM
It was the loudest, scariest noise i ever heard in the boat. When it happened we stopped immediatly and killed the engines. I thought I was going to find connecting rods in the bildge or that the drive shaft broke off and destroyed the bildge. I can't believe how much noise it made!

Here are the updates that were done at MTI. They did a beautiful job!

New
one piece tinted Windshield
Dash with big Garmin
made to a 5 seater
larger rear storage compartment

Looks great, Gino.

Sean Stinson
02-23-2010, 08:17 AM

Whatever dude.....

GENERAL LEE
02-23-2010, 12:26 PM
The problem is I was the driver and again Larry Goldman was handling the throttles and in control of the speed.

Just curious, but why do you always run with separate throttle man or driver? The boats' controls & cockpit setup look easy as can be to run the boat solo?

The new updates MTI did look nice as well! :cheers2:

Hammer01
02-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Someone to blame!!!!! hahahaha Love the pics and stories LJ, boat looks great. The new windscreen looks like it would make for a very comfortable ride. Hammer

Ratickle
02-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Just curious, but why do you always run with separate throttle man or driver?

Somebody has to keep an eye on Larry.....:sifone:

I like the 5 seat change. Maybe you should go three wide in the front too and hire someone to slap Larry every time he dozes off......:rolleyes:

GregP
02-23-2010, 03:28 PM
You really need a nice reliable center console

MarylandMark
02-23-2010, 03:59 PM
You really need a nice reliable center console

:cheers2:

Dueclaws
02-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Gino-
The updates to the boat look great> really like the seats and windshield. Is that an Aero windshield?

schnydo
02-23-2010, 07:13 PM
It came out great

customryder
02-23-2010, 09:30 PM
nice job!

customryder
02-23-2010, 09:31 PM
o BTW Gino you have the worst luck of anyone i know...

ThrottleUp Props
02-23-2010, 10:02 PM
[QUOTE=ThrottleUp Props;444991]Ouch.....I can help you with that, Gino! Give me a call if your interested.

Julie[/QUOTE

I was going to make it into a necklace charm. If you can do something, i'll send it tomorrow.
What did you have in mind?

Actually almost any propeller damage can be repaired, but it really becomes a question of should you repair it....will it hold, will it perform, etc. In your case Gino I am afraid that your propeller has experienced premature death. I really think you need to look into having propellers built specifically for your application, custom props if you will. It is so very important to make sure that the propeller has the right rake, diameter, cup structure and most importantly the CORRECT BLADE THICKNESS!!!! Additionally, I would also recommend a maintainence program with your propellers. It is very important and you should always check your props before an after every run. Anything suspect should be taken care of beforehand.

If you want to talk about propellers, Gino feel free to call me. I am always available to you. Together I am sure we can come up with a solid program for the Mercedes Boat!

Julie

Lubejobs42
02-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Someone to blame!!!!! hahahaha Love the pics and stories LJ, boat looks great. The new windscreen looks like it would make for a very comfortable ride. Hammer

Absolutly! Anything screws up, it's Larrys fault!

Lubejobs42
02-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Apparently several friends of mine and Larry read the post and interpreted this as I am fighting with Larry and are concerned what other people are going to think......

To all concerned parties, you know who you are....

IT'S A JOKE!
LIGHTEN UP!

Hammer01
02-24-2010, 01:25 PM
In seriousness LJ, when shopping for boats and possibly one does not like the seat configuration, is it sick expensive to do a 4-5 seat redo or is it reasonable where it won't bury you into the boat. I love the windscreen and cant imagine the difference it makes at 150+ mph but am more curious if one finds a boat package that makes sense but wants to go at least to a 5 seater from a 4 seater more race setup. Curious for your thoughts. Thanks

BTW, cudos again to MTI, new seats are over the top, look awesome!!

PromoProducts-BP
02-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Sounds like it costs at least $6-7K every time you take out the boat LJ, haha.
BOAT- Break Out Another TEN* Thousand (in your case).

PromoProducts-BP
02-24-2010, 02:32 PM
It's a gorgeous machine. Interior is amazing!

OldSchool
02-24-2010, 02:41 PM
feel free to call me.

Julie

I call Julie once a day just to hear her voice. :seeya::cheers2:

Lubejobs42
02-24-2010, 02:46 PM
In seriousness LJ, when shopping for boats and possibly one does not like the seat configuration, is it sick expensive to do a 4-5 seat redo or is it reasonable where it won't bury you into the boat. I love the windscreen and cant imagine the difference it makes at 150+ mph but am more curious if one finds a boat package that makes sense but wants to go at least to a 5 seater from a 4 seater more race setup. Curious for your thoughts. Thanks

BTW, cudos again to MTI, new seats are over the top, look awesome!!

The guys at MTI really took care of me. They gave me a package deal for everything. It was the first time in my bating life that the price came in UNDER what I expected by quite a bit.

MarylandMark
02-24-2010, 07:20 PM
So what's your bating average? :bump:

Wrinkleface
02-24-2010, 08:14 PM

what's he "BATING"??????????????????????????????????:bump:

BBB725
02-24-2010, 09:59 PM

Take it easy Wrink, the guys lost his mind and is getting married:sifone:

MarylandMark
02-24-2010, 10:00 PM
+1

BBB725
02-24-2010, 10:05 PM

Take it easy Wrink, the guys lost his mind and is getting married:sifone:

+1

Your lucky you own a center console:sifone:

Lubejobs42
02-25-2010, 12:17 AM

Nice to have buddies that take the time to point out your mistakes!

MarylandMark
02-25-2010, 07:39 AM
Your lucky you own a center console

Pretty pathetic when that's all I have going for me these days

As always, in good fun!

detail toyz
02-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Looks great Gino.

Hopefully those scratches will Buff!:cheers2:

Wrinkleface
02-25-2010, 09:34 PM

Don't pay attention 2 Mark, Gino, he's get'n married, get'n massages at the local mall, poor guy is delusional at best!!!!:willy_nilly::biggrinjester: