PDA

View Full Version : USA vs Canada Olympic Hockey Game..

nortech4play
02-22-2010, 12:11 AM
Congrats to the Team USA Hockey for a great game and win.....USA-5 & Canada 3....:cheers2::cheers2:

Perlmudder
02-22-2010, 01:49 AM
miller was on FIRE!! that was an awesome game which could have gone either way at any time.

catastrophe
02-22-2010, 02:22 AM
Congratulations to the USA Team.
:USA::cheers2::USA::cheers2::USA:

Sea-Dated
02-22-2010, 06:01 PM
:cheers2::cheers2::cheers2:

:USA::USA::USA::USA::USA::USA::USA:

cigdaze
02-22-2010, 06:19 PM
That was an unbelievable game. I only saw the last half, but the intensity and speed was incredible. It was a very closely matched game.

CRC
02-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Congratulations to the USA Team.
:USA::cheers2::USA::cheers2::USA:

And you are Canadian. Thanks for being a good sport. Great game. Miracle on ice 2!

fund razor
02-22-2010, 06:30 PM
That was an unbelievable game. I only saw the last half, but the intensity and speed was incredible. It was a very closely matched game.

I missed it but all the news was about an amateur US team against a professional Canadian team. Was that spin?

Perlmudder
02-22-2010, 06:45 PM
I would say in general, that it was not an amateur team vs a pro team but rather two NHL teams.

fund razor
02-22-2010, 06:49 PM
I didn't know... it was the talk this morning but when Nick said it was an even match I thought maybe it was just whiney commentators.

Perlmudder
02-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Im not a huge hockey fan, but that was one of the best games i have ever seen.

cigdaze
02-22-2010, 08:09 PM
I thought there was some great back and forth. I didn't get the feeling that it was all too one-sided.

Ted
02-22-2010, 10:27 PM
I missed it but all the news was about an amateur US team against a professional Canadian team. Was that spin?

It was more like first string NHL vs second string NHL. The USA guys were just not as well known as the Canadian guys. I just saw highlights but it looked like a great game.

fund razor
02-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Sorry I missed it. Sounds like the reporting was one-sided, not the game.

CRC
02-23-2010, 11:02 AM

That is most definately not the case! Canada just seemed to have more talent this year and is/was favored to win gold. I don't know what happened to them but Switzerland took them to a shootout thus robbing them of one point and USA beat them.:USA::USA::USA:

pullmytrigger
02-23-2010, 11:47 AM
That is most definately not the case! Canada just seemed to have more talent this year and is/was favored to win gold. I don't know what happened to them but Switzerland took them to a shootout thus robbing them of one point and USA beat them.:USA::USA::USA:

I watched that game.....the Swiss goalie stood on his head!!!.....Canada outshot them 18 -3 in the third period alone....

bluellama
02-23-2010, 12:02 PM
It was more like first string NHL vs second string NHL. The USA guys were just not as well known as the Canadian guys. I just saw highlights but it looked like a great game.

That's even a little misleading . :D
Ryan Miller and Tim Thomas are nobody's back ups....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=60504

rschap1
02-23-2010, 02:15 PM
I really enjoyed the game. ALOT of talent, exciting pace, GREAT clean game:)

ar15meister
02-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Canada played like crap and Miller is the best goalie in the NHL right now.

But congrats to the USA, they played hard and deserved to win.

Hopefully the Canucks can get their crap together and start playing an actual system instead of the all star game crap they have been playing.

Perlmudder
02-23-2010, 04:28 PM
730 pm tonight...

pullmytrigger
02-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Hopefully the Canucks can get their crap together and start playing an actual system instead of the all star game crap they have been playing.

Canada 7 Russia 3 last night......lop sided game.....theyre starting to play like a team now......

pullmytrigger
02-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Do any of you guys still play???

cigdaze
02-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Canada 7 Russia 3 last night......lop sided game.....theyre starting to play like a team now......

Another great game. I really enjoyed that. Down with Russia! :D

cigdaze
02-25-2010, 11:28 AM

I'll still strap on a pair of skates and mess around every now and again, but I'm in no way, shape or form in game shape. :D

Perlmudder
02-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Another great game. I really enjoyed that. Down with Russia! :D

won me fiddy bucks! :)

cigdaze
02-25-2010, 12:14 PM
won me fiddy bucks! :)
Nice score. Always bet on home. :)

catastrophe
02-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Never got caught up in Good Better Best.

They are all great athletes that are honoured by whoever chose them to even be on their country's team.

Good luck to them all, they are all trying their very best.

Last nights game was great back and forth hockey, and very entertaining.

cigdaze
02-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Never got caught up in Good Better Best.

They are all great athletes that are honoured by whoever chose them to even be on their country's team.

Good luck to them all, they are all trying their very best.

Last nights game was great back and forth hockey, and very entertaining.

Very true. One thing that popped out at me during all this these past weeks is how much it feels like NHL games - just with different jerseys. I recognize so many players from North America on all the teams, be it Russia, Sweeden, or whoever. Regardless, it's been great hockey.

masher44
02-25-2010, 12:44 PM
It is great hockey and it seems like better hockey because these guys are out playing for their country and not just a paycheck. Team Canada has major talent but the USA boys are always tagged as the underdogs and seem to still lack respect from the world, to a much lesser degree now but they were, just a short time ago the laughing stock of hockey. Even after 1980 they were viewed as a fluke.

You simply just cant mess with Canada's dedication hockey. This is their national past time and they live this sport. We do not.

catastrophe
02-25-2010, 01:17 PM
It is great hockey and it seems like better hockey because these guys are out playing for their country and not just a paycheck. Team Canada has major talent but the USA boys are always tagged as the underdogs and seem to still lack respect from the world, to a much lesser degree now but they were, just a short time ago the laughing stock of hockey. Even after 1980 they were viewed as a fluke.

You simply just cant mess with Canada's dedication hockey. This is their national past time and they live this sport. We do not.

In actual fact you'll find a lot of people consider our countries as One.
Pure sports fans just want to be entertained with quality effort.

Superbowl Day up here is just as enthusiastic as anywhere south of the border.
If you go to the thread here entitled BEST FRIENDS you will understand why.

masher44
02-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Well the NHL lockout here killed hockey. I cant remember the last time a nationally televised hockey game was on TV, other than the cool games at the baseball parks the last couple years.

If you asked Americans who Mike Modano is (arguably one of our best US born players) they vast majority answer who be HUH?

If you asked who Sidney Crosby was here the answer would be HUH?

I do not think you would have that response North of the border.

I have attended dozens of games here from MA to TX over the years and yes I agree the fans are intense but I would say an average Dallas Stars fan does not compare to the average Bruins fan in dedication. But a Bruins fan would compare to a Senators fan.

So I think the further South you go, the less dedication and overall fan base there is.

catastrophe
02-25-2010, 01:47 PM
well the nhl lockout here killed hockey. I cant remember the last time a nationally televised hockey game was on tv, other than the cool games at the baseball parks the last couple years.

If you asked americans who mike modano is (arguably one of our best us born players) they vast majority answer who be huh?

If you asked who sidney crosby was here the answer would be huh?

I do not think you would have that response north of the border.

I have attended dozens of games here from ma to tx over the years and yes i agree the fans are intense but i would say an average dallas stars fan does not compare to the average bruins fan in dedication. But a bruins fan would compare to a senators fan.

So i think the further south you go, the less dedication and overall fan base there is.

agreed

bluellama
02-25-2010, 02:18 PM

Tuesday at Noon at the University of Ottawa, and every Thursday night in an Over 30 league.

2 Down 2 to go.....

Airpacker
02-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Well the NHL lockout here killed hockey. I cant remember the last time a nationally televised hockey game was on TV, other than the cool games at the baseball parks the last couple years.

If you asked Americans who Mike Modano is (arguably one of our best US born players) they vast majority answer who be HUH?

If you asked who Sidney Crosby was here the answer would be HUH?

I do not think you would have that response North of the border.

I have attended dozens of games here from MA to TX over the years and yes I agree the fans are intense but I would say an average Dallas Stars fan does not compare to the average Bruins fan in dedication. But a Bruins fan would compare to a Senators fan.

So I think the further South you go, the less dedication and overall fan base there is.

Substitute NHL for MLB and and reverse the geoghraphy and it would still ring true.
The baseball strike devaststed MLB up here. Crowds of 50 to 60 thousand at every single Jays game have been closer to 15 to 20 thousand since the strike. Canadians, as a whole don't really care about major league baseball.
On the other hand, Canadians from 2 to 92 breathe hockey, well, most of em do. We even have a Punjabi NHL channel :)

masher44
02-25-2010, 02:29 PM
I agree. Jays win back to back titles then the strike. It hurt it here too until the Sosa/McGwire epic battles and when the Yanks won 4 titles.

It is a shame that kids here have such limited exposure to guys like Crosby and Ovechkin.

As a kid in Western MA we grew up playing and watching hockey, often trveling to Canada to play and often palyed teams that traveled from Canada. We froze over our driveway and played street hockey during the warmer months.

Who didnt love the Hartford Whalers??????