PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Cat Killer?

ILMORdude
11-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Anyone notice this sticker on the engine hatch on the Fountain Worldwide/1st4boats.com/ILMOR in the later KW races? It was pretty funny cuz they were running faster than some cats. Haha

MOBILEMERCMAN
11-19-2008, 11:46 PM
I didn't see the sticker did anyone get a pic?

Not sure what your talking about lapping. Fountain Worldwide averaged a strong 100.38 the first race and 97.85 overall.

Amsoil averaged 101.51 the first race and 98.32 overall.

ILMORdude
11-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Just read somewhere that there was a sticker on it and they were running some fast times. I think the sticker was meant to be a joke for the day. Any pics???

ILMORdude
11-20-2008, 12:09 AM

Not sure what your talking about lapping. Fountain Worldwide averaged a strong 100.38 the first race and 97.85 overall.

Re-phrased a bit..................

MOBILEMERCMAN
11-20-2008, 12:23 AM
I have got to say they ran strong and sound so cool. A truly unique scream. What rpm do the run at WOT?

ILMORdude
11-20-2008, 01:01 AM
6200. There was a great clip from last year i believe, they came screaming by at WOT. I need to find that and share it.

BY U BOY
11-20-2008, 01:01 AM
I have got to say they ran strong and sound so cool. A truly unique scream. What rpm do the run at WOT?

eleventy hundred:sifone:

ILMORdude
11-20-2008, 01:05 AM
eleventy hundred:sifone:

Thats what they run together silly goose :ack2:

glassdave
11-20-2008, 01:29 AM
uhh . . . yea . . . . i noticed it. :D

yea, from my vantage point that was one fast boat all i saw was transom. We pulled 'em to the first turn on Sunday but after that they had us by the run into the harbor. That was the one and only time we got by them all week. Great race and a great running boat. Congrats to Fountain Worldwide and their whole crew

DiamondPerformance
11-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Is the Fountain Worldwide boat the same as the King of Shaves boat, except for the drives? What's the difference in speed?

catmando
11-20-2008, 11:42 AM

Amsoil averaged 101.51 the first race and 98.32 overall....and guess what Amsoil is a 525 boat and STILL running faster than the Fountain with 625/Arneson. So tell us Ilmordude, who were the "some cats" Fountain was running away from?? We've been through this "cat killer" BS on OSO and I for one am sick and tired of it. Gino performed the smackdown on Reggie so for me that's the "official stamp". Game over.

Rik
11-20-2008, 12:57 PM
...and guess what Amsoil is a 525 boat and STILL running faster than the Fountain with 625/Arneson. So tell us Ilmordude, who were the "some cats" Fountain was running away from?? We've been through this "cat killer" BS on OSO and I for one am sick and tired of it. Gino performed the smackdown on Reggie so for me that's the "official stamp". Game over.

You are confusing two different boats.

The #99 boat in KW has Ilmor's and Mercury SSM#6 drive units. This was Mr. Whitty's boat.

Here they were in the turns and spray of the leading SCL's

glassdave
11-20-2008, 01:19 PM
...and guess what Amsoil is a 525 boat and STILL running faster than the Fountain with 625/Arneson. So tell us Ilmordude, who were the "some cats" Fountain was running away from?? We've been through this "cat killer" BS on OSO and I for one am sick and tired of it. Gino performed the smackdown on Reggie so for me that's the "official stamp". Game over.

actually the got around us (1996 377 Talon cat) and the Extreme 46 Skater (Big power). Give credit where credits due, that is a fast Fountain. They ran a great consistent race with a state of art piece and in the grand scheme of things . . . thats how ya win :D.

In all honesty we could run the same speeds but that boat out turned/accelerated us every time. like i said congrats guys.

Rik- you are correct the boat in KW was the Ilmor/#6 boat. I believe it is slated to head overseas for P1

MOBILEMERCMAN
11-20-2008, 01:37 PM
The fountains were also ahead of the Bravo cat lights: AllJacked Up and Learning the ropes.

I agree with Dave the Fountain Worldwide boat ran a great race.

Sean H
11-20-2008, 01:46 PM
The fountains were also ahead of the Bravo cat lights: AllJacked Up and Learning the ropes.

learnin the ropes has sixes. they just aren't competitive.

glassdave
11-20-2008, 01:52 PM

hey . . at least got around those guys to . . we weren't THAT far behind :D :D
was definetly an impressive run by the Fountain WW boat

Tell ya what though those Ilmors sounded bad a$$

MOBILEMERCMAN
11-20-2008, 02:00 PM
learnin the ropes has sixes. they just aren't competitive.

Thanks Sean I wasn't sure and assumed.

lowblue320
11-20-2008, 02:02 PM
what power does learning the ropes have compared to the fountain?

MOBILEMERCMAN
11-20-2008, 02:03 PM
The cat lights including Learning the ropes have 525's

ILMORdude
11-20-2008, 06:25 PM

Read the post and the replies. From what i hear, it was meant to be humorous. Im not intending to start BS, i know what everyone is sick of. Point is, the boat ran great and everyone had fun, that is a nice setup- thats all.

:cheers2:

MOBILEMERCMAN
11-20-2008, 06:31 PM
It's all good.

Thanks for sharing. If you find the audio please share that as well.

catmando
11-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Read the post and the replies. From what i hear, it was meant to be humorous. Im not intending to start BS, i know what everyone is sick of. Point is, the boat ran great and everyone had fun, that is a nice setup- thats all.

:cheers2:It was the way you worded the post that got my dander up, but let me say this about Fountain raceboats; they dominate almost every race they enter. The performance they show here is now being shown in P1. Two-time Evolution World Champions pretty much says it all.

And the V bottom record of 171 is unlikely to be surpassed unless another Fountain does it(Cigarette tried and failed). I read somewhere that the boat ran 178 on the first pass. Reggie might run his mouth a lot but his boats back him up. Can't ask for more than that.

Ratickle
11-20-2008, 07:16 PM
It was the way you worded the post that got my dander up, but let me say this about Fountain raceboats; they dominate almost every race they enter. The performance they show here is now being shown in P1. Two-time Evolution World Champions pretty much says it all.

And the V bottom record of 171 is unlikely to be surpassed unless another Fountain does it(Cigarette tried and failed). I read somewhere that the boat ran 178 on the first pass. Reggie might run his mouth a lot but his boats back him up. Can't ask for more than that.

Fountain builds the fastest Vee's on the planet. It's only when they run their mouth about being CatKillers the claws come out. I was at the Fountain/SBI trailer during one of the races that CK broke and actually heard cheers. Not a real good sign of love for the manufacturer/sponsers.

MOBILEMERCMAN
11-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Shame is He is his own worst enemy sometimes. Its hard for CK to live up to all the hype. Beside the record speed run there is no good reason to put that much power in the boat. It breaks too often. It chases away boats in the class, many of which are Fountains.

I suggested to Brett at LOTO that he should run his 525 SuperV in V unlimited. He wouldn't saying he would get killed. I responded that no one with big power is likely to finish all 3 races. Had he according to average speeds and miles he would have beat all the V Unlimited boats. The only two that proved more worthy ran in other classes were the Worldwide and Hard Rock boats.

Ratickle
11-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Shame is He is his own worst enemy sometimes. Its hard for CK to live up to all the hype. Beside the record speed run there is no good reason to put that much power in the boat. It breaks too often. It chases away boats in the class, many of which are Fountains.

Does anyone know how fast CK has gone? Is it anywhere close to the record boat Fountain built?

catmando
11-20-2008, 08:43 PM
I forgot, Outerlimits tried to beat the record...they failed too.

Ratickle
11-20-2008, 08:44 PM
I forgot, Outerlimits tried to beat the record...they failed too.

I think the closest was the Cig. Heard around 166?

MarylandMark
11-20-2008, 08:51 PM
3100HP and 170MPH I think?

Rio Roses 42 w/1500 Sterlings 171.888 is the record

Tank
11-20-2008, 09:04 PM
The Cig could have beat the record (yea, yea, yea I know..."Should'a would'a could'a) I just don't thing people know how close they were to beating and in fact DID beat it on a one way pass. Johnny said there was a whooooooole lot more in the throttles but the boat got very squerlly (balancing a bowling ball on a razor blade).

Skip was told right then and there that if he padded the bottom it'd easily beat the record. Skip already had a sh!t load of money into the project and decided padding the bottom would take away from the boat being a legitimate Cig. So they scrapped the project. Then the Kilo boat was turned into one of the baddest poker run boats ever built, that thows an awe inspiring rooster (pictured in the foreground of the second pic).

Tank
11-20-2008, 09:13 PM
And just to re-iderate...Fountain Powerboats could be soooo much more than they already are if the public relations/advertisement team would kidnap Reggie and lock him up in the basement. He's a f*ck tard and needs to keep his inflated arrogance to a minimum. Being the most conceded person in performance boating has not helped boat sales...it has however done one thing...Make him the most loathed person in Performance boating.

that's just my .02 cents on the whole CK topic. carry on:sifone:

TUFFboat
11-20-2008, 10:33 PM
And just to re-iderate...Fountain Powerboats could be soooo much more than they already are if the public relations/advertisement team would kidnap Reggie and lock him up in the basement. He's a f*ck tard and needs to keep his inflated arrogance to a minimum. Being the most conceded person in performance boating has not helped boat sales...it has however done one thing...Make him the most loathed person in Performance boating.

The other side of that big EGO thing is, that nothing motivates someone's ego to do something about it more than someone eles's bigger EGO.

Ratickle
11-20-2008, 11:00 PM

Rio Roses 42 w/1500 Sterlings 171.888 is the record

CatKiller went 170? Hadn't heard that. Yeah, Rio was awsome, (for a Vee:))

catmando
11-20-2008, 11:17 PM

Rio Roses 42 w/1500 Sterlings 171.888 is the record1550s the same motors Gino has and he runs 185+.

catmando
11-20-2008, 11:25 PM
The Cig could have beat the record (yea, yea, yea I know..."Should'a would'a could'a) I just don't thing people know how close they were to beating and in fact DID beat it on a one way pass. Johnny said there was a whooooooole lot more in the throttles but the boat got very squerlly (balancing a bowling ball on a razor blade).

Skip was told right then and there that if he padded the bottom it'd easily beat the record. Skip already had a sh!t load of money into the project and decided padding the bottom would take away from the boat being a legitimate Cig. So they scrapped the project. Then the Kilo boat was turned into one of the baddest poker run boats ever built, that thows an awe inspiring rooster (pictured in the foreground of the second pic).Yeah I forgot about that one way pass over 172. I don't see how a pad would hurt Cigarette's image. It was a top speed project after all. He should have taken a sawzall and cut that keel.

And if JT was scared enough to back off, you KNOW that boat was dangerous at those speeds.

catmando
11-20-2008, 11:35 PM
BTW I think what Ilmor has done, marinizing the Viper motor, has been an outstanding success and a great contribution to performance boating. First in pleasureboats, now twice World Champion motor in P1 racing. Congratulations to Ilmor for building a motor that is as reliable on the racecourse as it is in Poker Runs.

Ratickle
11-20-2008, 11:37 PM
BTW I think what Ilmor has done, marinizing the Viper motor, has been an outstanding success and a great contribution to performance boating. First in pleasureboats, now twice World Champion motor in P1 racing. Congratulations to Ilmor for building a motor that is as reliable on the racecourse as it is in Poker Runs.

And sounds really awesome.

Coolerman
11-20-2008, 11:45 PM
1550s the same motors Gino has and he runs 185+.

I think 1550 is a model number on those sterling PSI motors, at least the ones in the fountain. :26::26:

ApachePete
11-20-2008, 11:50 PM

that's just my .02 cents on the whole CK topic. carry on:sifone:

What langusge are you speaking?

I totally agree with your points, but your spelling is pathetic.

Are you a legal alien?

Did you attend high school?

Am I breaking your balls? :boxing_smiley:

MOBILEMERCMAN
11-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Easy

:boxing_smiley:

Cash Bar
11-21-2008, 12:01 AM
I have been eyeing an Ilmor powered boat.

I just need to be sure the drives can hold up.

If you put them thru 6's I suppose it would work.

Tommy Gun
11-21-2008, 12:52 AM

Skip was told right then and there that if he padded the bottom it'd easily beat the record. Skip already had a sh!t load of money into the project and decided padding the bottom would take away from the boat being a legitimate Cig. So they scrapped the project. Then the Kilo boat was turned into one of the baddest poker run boats ever built, that thows an awe inspiring rooster (pictured in the foreground of the second pic).

Tank do you have any pic's of the recent redo of the cig kilo boat?

Rik
11-21-2008, 12:54 AM

Or Arnesons :)

Cash Bar
11-21-2008, 01:25 AM
Or Arnesons :)

Absolutely.

Team Taboo is a friend and I would buy his Arneson 42 in a heartbeat. :drool5:

Tank
11-21-2008, 03:57 AM
What langusge are you speaking?

I totally agree with your points, but your spelling is pathetic.

Are you a legal alien?

Did you attend high school?

Am I breaking your balls? :boxing_smiley:

Damn Pete, you are bustin my balls....."Re-ITERATE" Is that better?

:moon:

Tank
11-21-2008, 04:01 AM
Tank do you have any pic's of the recent redo of the cig kilo boat?

Pics are on my other computer but here's some nice video of Neil running her at the Desert Storm Poker Run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m1dIwDp6QY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wlAtBjv9B4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2T_RCvtbkU

sleeper
11-21-2008, 07:25 AM
No doubt about it, the Ilmors are a fantastic motor package. I have owned the 550's and the 625's and hope to upgrade next spring with their newest package. I expect to see it at the Miami boat show. Should be a pleasant suprize.

RatPatrol
11-21-2008, 02:41 PM
The Whole Cat killer hype is getting old. Fountains are fast no doubt about it. But power for power, pound for pound at the end of the day the Cat will be faster. When a V bottom with 1000's beats up a cat with 500's it proves nothing.

glassdave
11-21-2008, 02:47 PM
we were pushing around an almost 11K pound boat with 750 supercats and 1995 hull tech :D it was actually great water for us on wednesday and sunday though. not sure how that all fits in with the rest but hey . . . its Key West . . . ya take your best hand and lay it on the table . . . sometimes its your day. I had a blast and it was some good competition to say the least. Would love to have gotten another worlds but we had a mediocre hand to their full house :D

Sean H
11-21-2008, 07:10 PM
both fountains are for sale, 625/arneson and 710/sixes.... who wants to go P1 racing?

ILMORdude
11-21-2008, 07:27 PM
both fountains are for sale, 625/arneson and 710/sixes.... who wants to go P1 racing?

And someone from ILMOR will be on hand at every race

ILMORdude
11-21-2008, 07:30 PM

What are you looking at cash? What drives are on it? The Ilmor Donzi has staggered 710's and 6's and is a great boat.

ILMORdude
11-21-2008, 07:40 PM

And sounds really awesome.

Thanks guys. Our race spec is EXACTLY the same as whats on the shelf for the customers pleasure boats, etc.... See whats coming soon..........:sifone:

MarylandMark
11-21-2008, 07:49 PM
CatKiller went 170? Hadn't heard that. Yeah, Rio was awsome, (for a Vee:))

I've been looking for "proof" of this- I can't find it. I posted 170 because that is the speed I've seen posted on a ton of other CK threads.

That being said- anyone else know what it really has run? I've even seen 180MPH in some posts and the CK returns (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDq6WptLf-E) video says "in excess of 180MPH".

Fast azz V fo' sho' but ani't no cat

catmando
11-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Thanks guys. Our race spec is EXACTLY the same as whats on the shelf for the customers pleasure boats, etc.... See whats coming soon..........:sifone:I've heard rumors of 1000hp...

Ratickle
11-21-2008, 11:28 PM
I've been looking for "proof" of this- I can't find it. I posted 170 because that is the speed I've seen posted on a ton of other CK threads.

That being said- anyone else know what it really has run? I've even seen 180MPH in some posts and the CK returns (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDq6WptLf-E) video says "in excess of 180MPH".

Fast azz V fo' sho' but ani't no cat

I know what I've heard, but the truth is probably a lot less considering the Cats that have beat it pretty bad. I think a lot of people believe that CK is the world record boat. They don't know that is a "Marketing Ploy" that Fountain does not correct.

Lubejobs42
11-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Was it this one??

Lubejobs42
11-22-2008, 12:07 AM
I never really understood what Reggie was trying to accomplish. Power for power, cats are faster. Who dodne't know this. It physics. Why would he put his neck on the line like he has. The stunts he has pulled at the poker runs had more risk then possible reward. I have had people ask me about the Cat killer/ Mercedes boat issue. People that don't follow these sites or know any of the drama that goes on in our little world. They said who didn't know a cat can beat a V? What's the big deal? Then I explain the whole Reggie/ Cat Killer story. Always the same response.. Why would he do that.
I enjoyed this very much as Reggie really needed to be put in his place. I think how bad he made Speed Racer look in his edited video. Then to think if thing went just a little differnetly, I would have been the one looking bad in Reggies next video. I'm really glad it bit him in the a$$!!

ILMORdude
11-22-2008, 01:44 AM
Def. wasn't your logo man, it was just words on the hatch. But just to clarify things with everyone, Im not starting the drama again with the CK boat. Just wanted to give a shout out to the Worldwide team for a great debut with our Powerplants.

ILMORdude
11-22-2008, 01:50 AM
I've heard rumors of 1000hp...

You heard that rumor? Haha, Ive heard lots of them. ALL of them are BS. Ill let everyone know when the time is right whats coming.

MarylandMark
11-22-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm really glad it bit him in the a$$!!

Me 2!!

CK is a bad V and to think this could have gone such a different way for him if it weren't for him. Could have let the boat speak for itself and the v and cat guys would have said "Man-that V is fast as chit!".

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Worldwide team for a great debut with our Powerplants.

I love the sound of your motors screaming!

I think you hit the nail on the head Ratickle.

Ratickle
11-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Def. wasn't your logo man, it was just words on the hatch. But just to clarify things with everyone, Im not starting the drama again with the CK boat. Just wanted to give a shout out to the Worldwide team for a great debut with our Powerplants.

The sound reminds me of the old supercat engines.:)

catmando
11-23-2008, 12:46 AM
You heard that rumor? Haha, Ive heard lots of them. ALL of them are BS. Ill let everyone know when the time is right whats coming.Well if you're connected with Ilmor, you should know what's coming. Glad to see there will be a more powerful motor coming. I take it the V10 configuration will be retained?

BTW I went to the site, sorry to see that Paul passed away. I had not heard about that. :(

ILMORdude
11-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Well if you're connected with Ilmor, you should know what's coming. Glad to see there will be a more powerful motor coming. I take it the V10 configuration will be retained?

BTW I went to the site, sorry to see that Paul passed away. I had not heard about that. :(

Yes I work there. The next gen. engines will still be V-10's and shall be screamers. Very tragic for the company when Mr. Morgan passed.