PDA

View Full Version : Can there still be no argument for profiling?

macjazzy
02-16-2010, 04:57 PM
I will freely admit this is a cut and paste from another forum, I apologize in advance for that. But it seemed to make sense to me and was way too much to retype without making a huge amount of typographical errors, especially for a mechanic with busted fingers:smash:

I do realize this is an oversimple-ization of a very complex problem, but the main idea is valid I think. We are under attack from one grop of people, admittadly a extreme sect of that group. But it seems to me we need to make it so that the non extremists of this group are so uncomfortable they turn on the extremist members of their group on their own. Otherwise we are fighting a battle we will surely lose.

War is a horrible horrible thing, but the argument has been made thousands of times, if we didn't make the idea of war with us so unpleasant by the homeland people we were at war with, lots more lives would have been lost. I am referring to the nuclear bombing of Japan btw.

When the general population of Japan realized how much they were going to suffer they then pressured the military to end the war. Otherwise that war would have been much longer and bloodier.

In other words I don't think you can win a politically correctly waged war.

Anyway saw this on a AR15 forum I also frequent.

The events depicted below are actual events from past history. There is evidence that they actually happened, Do you remember?

1. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by:
A. Olga Corbutt
B. Sitting Bull
C. Arnold Schwartzeneger
D. Muslim extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1979, the U.S. Embassy in Iran was taken over by:
A. Lost Norwegians
B. Elvis
C. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women
D. Muslim extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

3. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
A. John Dillinger
B. The King of Sweden
C. The Boy Scouts

4. In 1983, the USMC barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
A. A pizza delivery boy
B. Pee Wee Herman
C. Simon Cowell

5. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:
A. The Smurfs
B. Davy Jones & The Monkees
C. The Little Mermaid

6. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a U.S. Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:
A. Captain Kid
B. Charles Lindberg
C. Mother Teresa

7. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
A. Scooby Doo
B. The Tooth Fairy
C. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

8. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
A. Meatloaf
B. Grandma Moses
C. Michael Jordan

9. In 1998, the U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
A. Tarzan
B. Hillary Clinton (to distract attention from Wild Bill' s women
problems)
C. The World Wrestling Federation

10. On 11 September 2001 four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centres and of the remaining two, onecrashed into the US Pentagon and the other was crashed due to passenger intervention. Thousands of people were killed by:
A. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
B. The Supreme Court of Florida
C. Mr. Bean

11. Since 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
A. Lawrence of Arabia
B. The Lutheran Church
C. The NFL

12. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
A. Bonny and Clyde
B. Ned Kelly
C. Billy Graham

13. In 2002 the Sari Nightclub in Kuta Beach, Bali, was blown up killing 189 young mainly Australian tourists by:
A. The "Bundy" Polar Bear
B. Ho Chi Minh
C. Paul Keating

14. In July 2004, three London underground trains and one London bus were suicide bombed by:
A. The Spice girls
B. The Beatles
C. The Four Tops

Anyone see a pattern?

Wrinkleface
02-16-2010, 05:00 PM
I still think Elmer Fudd had alot 2 do w/ it!!!:leaving:

MarylandMark
02-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Just to be devils advocate,

http://www.islam101.com/terror/quizOnTerrorism.htm

LaughingCat
02-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Dude, #8 answer is definitely A.

I do agree. It makes total sense. People need not fear that every Muslim will be locked up. But if the vast majority of our terrorist problems come from a certain demographic, then focus more on that demographic. Hey, if a vast majority of a business' sales comes from rednecks, should they focus their marketing efforts on NASCAR? (No offense Stecz.)

:sifone:

macjazzy
02-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Just to be devils advocate,

http://www.islam101.com/terror/quizOnTerrorism.htm

I admit my post is easy to argue against ( although I did not write it, I just found it interesting, for the sake of argument on this forum I guess its mine)

Although this obvious rebuttal by the Islamist website is pretty weak if you ask me.

So they were able to come up with 21 acts of terrorism not atributted to Muslims. So what?

The list I posted had 14 that were and there are plenty more. Muslim extremists are clearly the most active and far reaching terrorists in the history of the world.

Their list also started about 100 years before Muslim extremist groups had the technology or organizational skills to exert their will outside thier own little square of desert.

Most of the examples they used are different groups, and most were groups who were fighting against one enemy, not the entire rest of the world.

Their non-admitance that extremists in their midst are the main cause of all this is a huge reason this war will drag on for a long time. And our not putting pressure on the non radical muslims to turn on their extremist brothers is our own fault and probably our downfall in this war.

MarylandMark
02-16-2010, 06:06 PM
I admit my post is easy to argue against ( although I did not write it, I just found it interesting, for the sake of argument on this forum I guess its mine)

Not arguing, just tossing out for discussion. Muslim is not a race, it is a religion; and looking are religions, there are many that have been much worse for much longer than the Muslims.

Now on profiling, I'm all for it and think it should be done more often!! If you are part of a group/culture/race/gender/religion that is more prone to do harm to me, my family or fellow Americans; then your in the profile and should be treated accordingly. Sorry- life isn't fair and plan more time for travel (or whatever) I guess. Certain parameters are in a profile or are profiled for a reason; if done correctly, they are accurate. A middle aged white female driving a Prius shouldn't be profiled as a speeder; just doesn't fit. See- done right, it's accurate!

hotjava66
02-16-2010, 06:17 PM
it seems to me that if they started checking everyone in that group, the rest of them would get so pissed off and tired of it they would turn in the perps. or maybe not, it might make them hate cops, fbi, us even more

Wrinkleface
02-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Now on profiling, I'm all for it and think it should be done more often!! If you are part of a group/culture/race/gender/religion that is more prone to do harm to me, my family or fellow Americans; then your in the profile and should be treated accordingly. Sorry- life isn't fair and plan more time for travel (or whatever) I guess. Certain parameters are in a profile or are profiled for a reason; if done correctly, they are accurate. A middle aged white female driving a Prius shouldn't be profiled as a speeder; just doesn't fit. See- done right, it's accurate!

what about a middle aged mall massage seekers?????:biggrinjester:

I agree, if the shoe fits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :iagree:

MarylandMark
02-16-2010, 06:30 PM
The Oxford English Dictionary gives a similar definition but with a later start point "... the period between youth and old age, about 45 to 60".

Glad I'm almost a decade removed... :03:

fund razor
02-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Dude, #8 answer is definitely A.

Wrong. Meatloaf bombed at Madison Square Garden. He said World Trade Center. :USA:

fund razor
02-16-2010, 07:37 PM
The Oxford English Dictionary gives a similar definition but with a later start point "... the period between youth and old age, about 45 to 60".

Glad I'm almost a decade removed... :03:
Screw age.
What's it say about guys who post that they are in love with a chinese man?

LaughingCat
02-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Wrong. Meatloaf bombed at Madison Square Garden. He said World Trade Center. :USA:

Have to give it to you. That was pretty good.

Expensive Date
02-17-2010, 01:10 AM
Profiling is an effective law enforcement tool.But as for the Sept 11 hijackers there was so much that was missed about them.

sledge
02-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Where exactly do we do the profiling?

We've got a terrorist list...still get bombers on a plane.

Israel uses profiling extensively...they still get bombed now and then.

What do we do with/how do we find, those that are already here....

Nothing will stop them until we get out of the ME.

LaughingCat
02-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Profling will not stop everything. But it's a simple way to will help identify likely risks so they can be investigated further.

Recently, Muslims declared an official objection to the body scanning machines. Said it invades their privacy. I say, find a different way to travel. If the primary trouble makers are of Middle Eastern decent, they should all go throught he scanners. If they don't like it, maybe they can make a bigger effort to get their radicalized brethren to stop causing trouble. Then we can back off the profiling. It's pretty simple.

Awaken
02-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Let us not forget Fort Hood. That wack job was able to keep his job and was promoted and if you ask me not in spite of his open objection to the US in the Middle East, but I would say because of. His superiors were most likely afraid to reprimand him for fear it would be considered "profiling" or discrimination against his religion or his views.

gerritm
02-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Not arguing, just tossing out for discussion. Muslim is not a race, it is a religion; and looking are religions, there are many that have been much worse for much longer than the Muslims.

I am not a student of history, but what race/religion has been worse than the Muslim religion since the establishment of that religion. Muslims have been trying to force their religion on the world since it was established. Many other religions and races have had their horrific histories, but have evolved and become somewhat modernized or civilized, the Muslims have not and don't want to. They like living in the 14th century.

Profiling is a valid tool. We all do it in our daily lives.

Big Time
02-17-2010, 04:52 PM
I can confidently say that there are people on this board that were “profiled” for the type of boat they had because we all know that if you have a loud fast boat then you must either be running drugs or out to drive as fast as you can around sailboats. :driving: Well the Coast Guard/Police/DEP don’t seem to mind about stepping on some toes, why is the gov’t worried about offending a few in order to protect its citizens? :rolleyes:

fund razor
02-17-2010, 04:55 PM
I am not a student of history, but what race/religion has been worse than the Muslim religion since the establishment of that religion. Muslims have been trying to force their religion on the world since it was established. Many other religions and races have had their horrific histories, but have evolved and become somewhat modernized or civilized, the Muslims have not and don't want to. They like living in the 14th century.

Profiling is a valid tool. We all do it in our daily lives.
I have studied a little history.
I am pretty sure that Christians have killed more people in the name of God than anybody else, Muslims included. (Even giving Muslims credit for 2,998 on 9/11.) And nobody has attempted to force people into a certain religion than Christians either. (All that missionary work?) Therefore, profiling the guy out picketing the abortion clinic every day might be wise also.

MarylandMark
02-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Muslims have been trying to force their religion on the world since it was established.

IMHO, they all have.

There is a reason why they say don't talk religion or politics in bars; in both cases people want every one to listen to their point of view but never afford the opposing view the same courtesy. They want to talk and push their point on to the other person but can't shut up for 3 seconds so the other person can talk as well. Just saying in general..

I'm far from the one to get in a religious conversation; I was raised to believe in God and that was that. I went a a few churches and even a few church schools in my younger years. That being said, I'm just leery about grouping every one in to one basket for one simple reason; I don't want them to do that to me. Most of them hate us just as much as we hate them, break the cycle. We cheer Team Qatar when they bring their race boats over, yet if we saw one of "them" walking down the street without a race boat shirt on we'd want to bash their head in. I'm just trying to see what I can do to be a better person, giving everyone a chance is one of those ways.

Anyway- back to profiling. I say use it, it works.

Used car salesmen have a profile as well, most of them that I know would screw their own Mother, but there are many that are great people as well. I didn't create the profile, it just fits for a reason- that's why it's a profile.

Ok, I'm all over the place- profile on!

Ted
02-17-2010, 05:01 PM
I am pretty sure that Christians have killed more people in the name of God than anybody else, Muslims included. (Even giving Muslims credit for 2,998 on 9/11.) And nobody has attempted to force people into a certain religion than Christians either. (All that missionary work?) Therefore, profiling the guy out picketing the abortion clinic every day might be wise also.

There is no doubt that Fund is right, Christians have slaughtered many in the quest for "converts". BUT the difference is that eventually they settled down and for the most part are no longer zealous enough to kill to make their point. And I suspect that there are many FBI dossiers on the anti-abortion crowd for simply that reason.

fund razor
02-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Right. The other difference being that it is socially acceptable for a Christian to stand up against another Christian who is crazy.

gerritm
02-17-2010, 05:05 PM

When was the last time a Christian missionary planted a bomb on themselves and blew it up killing others that don't agree with them including others of a different sect of their own religion? Since when is a missionary on par with a Muslim terrorist. Have you ever seen a Muslim missionary working with the poor? How many Muslims missionaries are in Haiti helping those poor people or anywhere else in the world. Mother Theresa was a missionary. I think you have a skewed sense of history and Christians. If you read my post I do agree that Christians had their moments of religious ferver and did their best to forcefully make the rest of the world agree, but I think civilization has moved the Christian religion into the 21st century. The Muslims have tried to kill or conquer the world since Mohammed was born. Check your history books and look at the last couple of hundred years. The Crusades and Spanish Inquisition have been over for centuries.

gerritm
02-17-2010, 05:10 PM
There is no doubt that Fund is right, Christians have slaughtered many in the quest for "converts". BUT the difference is that eventually they settled down and for the most part are no longer zealous enough to kill to make their point. And I suspect that there are many FBI dossiers on the anti-abortion crowd for simply that reason.

Not a very good comparison in my humble opinion. One quarter of the earth's population is Muslims. We have a lot more to worry about from them. The anti-abortion wackos are what a couple of hundred at best. Or do you compare everyone who is anti abortion to Muslim terrorists. Lets get real on what we are talking about. I am against abortion and I don't think I am a terrorist or support any kind of terror against the abortion crowd. But that is a different argument.

fund razor
02-17-2010, 05:18 PM
It was the only current example of radical christian fundamentalism that we could find Gerritm, which in a sense makes your point that there ain't much these days, doesn't it?

And Islam comes in at 21%, which is 1.5 Billion. They are just behind Christians who are at 33% (2.1 billion), and those who don't give a phuck, which are at 16% (1.1 billion.)

Bobcat
02-17-2010, 05:20 PM
actually the Christians started the crusades, they went after the Moops......

fund razor
02-17-2010, 05:23 PM
I think that social pressure from non-radicals against radicals would do more good than anything else.

fund razor
02-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Interestingly Judaism (Jewish) .22% (14 million)

Rastafarian (600 thousand)

fund razor
02-17-2010, 05:32 PM
For the record, I am supportive of profiling... just being devil's advocate on the facts.

MarylandMark
02-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Without getting in to the Irish Republican Army, David Koresh, Jim Jones, Orange Volunteers or any of them, check out the global terrorism database:

http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/search/Results.aspx?chart=regions&casualties_type=&casualties_max=

MarylandMark
02-17-2010, 05:41 PM
for the record, i am supportive of profiling... Just being devil's advocate on the facts.

+1

mosi
02-17-2010, 05:42 PM
:(:usa::(

Expensive Date
02-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Funny

macjazzy
02-17-2010, 07:24 PM
I think that social pressure from non-radicals against radicals would do more good than anything else.

I agree with Fund, and that is pretty much the point I was trying to make earlier in ths thread.

Profiling would undoubtedly hassle and put out thousands of people who are completely innocent. But those people would eventually get tired of that hassle and begin to turn in the people that are the problem.

I truly believe that while most of the Muslim world are NOT terrorists I bet a good portion of them know someone who is or supports terrorism. They keep quiet or ignore it or maybe even tacitly help them. Not to mention proably a fair number who may not be radical enough to strap on a bomb, but may be ok with what the radicals are doing. So they look the other way because it doesn't effect them negatively enough to bother stopping or even fully considering the fall out of the radicals agenda.

Untill those people, the innocents who look the other way, become so fed up with it and turn on the radicals we will never be able to end this.

catastrophe
02-17-2010, 08:38 PM

Thank you for that.
Before people register here they should be asked if they have ever read a book.

catastrophe
02-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Adolf Hitler was raised Christian Catholic.

Chalk up 6 or 7 million to his account.

macjazzy
02-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Sooooo, is the thought here that since the Christian "body count" is higher we should cut the radical muslims a break until they catch up?

Not sure I understand the thought there.

Hitler is dead, we ended his dream of world domination.

The crusades ended almost a thousand years ago.

Both were terrible but they are not currently a threat to anyone's life, jihadists are.

Bobcat
02-17-2010, 11:26 PM
my fellow atheists Stalin & Beria killed a cool 20 million.

fund razor
02-18-2010, 07:17 AM
Sooooo, is the thought here that since the Christian "body count" is higher we should cut the radical muslims a break until they catch up?

I can't find any posts where anybody relates that thought. My comment on the christian body count was in regard to the statement that muslims were on top. My point was to suggest that we don't use that criteria, as it fails the smell test from the get go. Christians have largely changed tactics in the last couple of hundred years. The point wasn't to villify living Christians, either.

Not aimed at you macjazzy.... but it's amazing how people jump to a conclusion that you do not make, simply because you make a parallel point, or address a single falsehood in an otherwise reasonable premise.

I am sorry that I hijacked this thread so much by bringing in a fact. It was very distracting. This thread wasn't actually about comparative religion. It was about whether profiling is an appropriate and effective means of identifying persons for further investigation. I think that it is. Nobody should "get a break."

Birdog
02-18-2010, 08:32 AM
actually the Christians started the crusades, they went after the Moops......

:):sifone:

macjazzy
02-18-2010, 08:38 AM
I apologize, Fund, your right. mine was a over reaction. I actually wasn't taking offense to any of that as a Christian. I fully agree Christianity has probably killed more people in the name of religion than any other. But the world was much bigger comparatively speaking. ( ie instant news, air-flight and internet has worked to make the world seem smaller) and I don't think the Catholic church would get away with that now. If they were still operating that way they would be no different nor should be treated any different than the Muslim terrorists of today. Murder or genocide in the name of any religion is obviously wrong and a misinterpretation of any modern religion that I am aware of.

clayinaustin
02-18-2010, 08:50 AM

Profiling would undoubtedly hassle and put out thousands of people who are completely innocent. But those people would eventually get tired of that hassle and begin to turn in the people that are the problem.

Do you really believe that??? I believe the opposite. :eek:

For example... If sailboaters and lake front owners get together and force "noise laws" on your local lake, do you get angry at them or at the three guys running with dry pipes? :rolleyes:

If you start "profiling" a group, then the whole group gets mad at you. They don't get mad at the few "bad apples" that caused the profiling. They get mad at the people doing the profiling. :mad:

Just my two-cents...

P.S. For the record, I am against "profiling". :(

clayinaustin
02-18-2010, 08:55 AM
As far as "recent" killings... I believe there has more unreported slaughter in Africa over the last 50 years than any other continent. The civil wars and "clensing" that has taken place there is unbelieveable! :eek:

Ted
02-18-2010, 09:35 AM

For example... If sailboaters and lake front owners get together and force "noise laws" on your local lake, do you get angry at them or at the three guys running with dry pipes? :rolleyes:

If you start "profiling" a group, then the whole group gets mad at you. They don't get mad at the few "bad apples" that caused the profiling. They get mad at the people doing the profiling. :mad:

Just my two-cents...

P.S. For the record, I am against "profiling". :(

Clay, I am going to turn your argument around on you because of something I am dealing with right now. We have a fight over noise laws in MD right now. When I went to the Natl. Marine Manufacturer's website I was hoping to get some ammo for the fight, since they used to oppose noise laws. Well, Lo and behold, now they have their own model noise law, that MD is actually trying to implement. Now, why would a marine manufacturer's group want to hurt a segment of their members? Because they were seeing speed and restriction of use regulations being put forth that harmed ALL boaters, not just the ones with loud boats. SO, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. They decided it was better to restrict a small segment rather than all. My point? If we make life difficult for all the ME people because of a small number of zealots, they will work harder to stop those zealots. A vast majority of people in the ME want to move forward with the rest of the world, only a thin bond of loyalty because of religion keeps them supporting terror in the name of Islam, make that more unpalatable and you at least hinder the zealots more.

Oh, and BTW, yes I do get angry at sailboaters and property owners, they are selfish douchebags that want to impose their will on other people and restrict others enjoyment of the water.

clayinaustin
02-18-2010, 11:05 AM
If we make life difficult for all the ME people because of a small number of zealots, they will work harder to stop those zealots.

I disagree. :cool:

Ted
02-18-2010, 11:14 AM
I disagree. :cool:

Well then, all I have to say is

clayinaustin
02-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Hee Hee! Jeff Dunham rocks! :D

fund razor
02-18-2010, 12:39 PM
I apologize, Fund, your right. mine was a over reaction. I actually wasn't taking offense to any of that as a Christian. I fully agree Christianity has probably killed more people in the name of religion than any other. But the world was much bigger comparatively speaking. ( ie instant news, air-flight and internet has worked to make the world seem smaller) and I don't think the Catholic church would get away with that now. If they were still operating that way they would be no different nor should be treated any different than the Muslim terrorists of today. Murder or genocide in the name of any religion is obviously wrong and a misinterpretation of any modern religion that I am aware of.

I apologize for making you feel like you had to apologize. :D

I agree with you on the above.

fund razor
02-18-2010, 12:42 PM

For example... If sailboaters and lake front owners get together and murder people in the name of God on your local lake....

I think that this analogy may be a better fit. :D

TCEd
02-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Probably should profile Catholic priests since they molest young boys.

fund razor
02-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Probably should profile Catholic priests since they molest young boys.
No question that they are profiled now.

macjazzy
02-18-2010, 02:12 PM
The military fights wars, or in this case militants. They are controlled either formally, in our country , or informally by the ruling body and thus by the populous. If you turn any Military lose they by their nature will fight till they are either victorious or all dead.

If we had the technology and the desire to fight either World War with the pinpoint precission we have now. Where only combatants are targeted and hurt or killed both of those wars would have gone on much much longer than they did.

The populous of the Axis country's in WWI and WWII were who put an end to the wars, or made their respective military's give up because the people at home could no longer live like we forced them to live, at war. Nor could see a upside to continued fighting on their part.

I am NOT, in any way, advocating mass genocide on all Muslims, or forced internment, and anything of the sort. Just make it uncomfortable to travel or have business in our country to the extent we are able to under the law. Ie extended searches for access to flights, increased scrutiny for visa's, stop building them schools and water treatment plants, that kind of thing. Until they as a people decide they are not interested in being put out for the minority of radicals among their populous. Then they will put a stop to all this internally. I fully believe that.

We have made it too easy and comfortable for the majority to care about stopping their own minority who are the source of this problem.

Playn
02-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Adolf Hitler was raised Christian Catholic.

Chalk up 6 or 7 million to his account.

And all this time I just thought he was a phuckn nut.....I didn't know he was trying to convert people to Catholicism. I really don't recall too many christian groups beheading people lately just because victim belongs to the wrong "club"

fund razor
02-18-2010, 03:57 PM
And all this time I just thought he was a phuckn nut.....I didn't know he was trying to convert people to Catholicism. I really don't recall too many christian groups beheading people lately just because victim belongs to the wrong "club"

He was raised in Austria, and at the time that pretty much meant raised Catholic.
His later goals were unrelated. I am pretty sure that most Nazi symbols and images had pagan origins and connotations.

clayinaustin
02-18-2010, 04:14 PM
This may be the wrong place and time, but... A non-Muslim just commitied suicide by flying a plane into a government building. It is clearly an act of domestic terrorism.

"Profiling" would not have helped in this case... :(

macjazzy
02-18-2010, 04:16 PM
I also never heard that Hitlers goals were religious in nature, For whatever twisted reason he felt Jews were an inferior race of people and that didn't fit in with his plan to create a "The Master race". But I am not 100% sure of that, he may have had some religious craziness going on in his bean.

macjazzy
02-18-2010, 04:22 PM
This may be the wrong place and time, but... A non-Muslim just commitied suicide by flying a plane into a government building. It is clearly an act of domestic terrorism.

"Profiling" would not have helped in this case... :(

You are absolutely correct, but I don't see the parallel to what we are discussing here, other than he used a plane to do it.

I am not familiar with this incident though. Are they attributing it to a Muslim or a Muslim sympathiser?

TCEd
02-18-2010, 04:56 PM
You are absolutely correct, but I don't see the parallel to what we are discussing here, other than he used a plane to do it.

I am not familiar with this incident though. Are they attributing it to a Muslim or a Muslim sympathiser?

One could say we should profile christian Americans to have prevented this guy and Tim Mcvey from performing acts of violence against the U.S.A.

Awaken
02-18-2010, 06:03 PM
As a Christian, I (and I believe every other Christian) denounce what this recent guy did and what McVey did. I suppose that is the major difference.

After Fort Hood, the only thing I heard from the Muslims were fears that we would start profiling against them. Where was the mass outrage?

clayinaustin
02-19-2010, 09:08 AM
More people died yesterday when a 52 year-old white male Christian flew his plane into a US government building than from the "shoe bomber" and "underware bomber" combined!

Do we really need to continue to discuss "profiling?" How about if we just stop people who buy one-way tickets, in cash, and going to northern US cities in winter without coats? :mad:

Trim'd Up
02-19-2010, 09:17 AM
He was raised in Austria, and at the time that pretty much meant raised Catholic.
His later goals were unrelated. I am pretty sure that most Nazi symbols and images had pagan origins and connotations.

You're right there. Hitler may have been raised Catholic, but it doesn't mean he was Catholic later in life. He was very into Pagan beliefs and using "magic" etc.

BBB725
02-19-2010, 09:18 AM
More people died yesterday when a 52 year-old white male Christian flew his plane into a US government building than from the "shoe bomber" and "underware bomber" combined!

Do we really need to continue to discuss "profiling?" How about if we just stop people who buy one-way tickets, in cash, and going to northern US cities in winter without coats? :mad:

That profiling:sifone:

clayinaustin
02-19-2010, 09:30 AM
That profiling:sifone:

Damn it! You're right! :USA:

mosi
02-19-2010, 04:30 PM
:toetap05::toetap05::toetap05:

pullmytrigger
02-19-2010, 09:11 PM
fwiw there's a 30 something Muslim former mainstream TV reporter up here that is trying to rally "the silent majority" of Muslims to turn in their extremist brethren.....she has bodyguards and bullet proof glass on her house in Toronto.

fund razor
02-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Hitler may have been raised Catholic, but it doesn't mean he was Catholic later in life.

Many folks would suggest that being raised Catholic assures that you won't be Catholic later in life. :D

TCEd
03-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Many folks would suggest that being raised Catholic assures that you won't be Catholic later in life. :D

We're called recovering Catholics.

Wrinkleface
03-05-2010, 06:14 PM

especially the chicks!!!!:eek: