PDA

View Full Version : Legal Question, for the masses.

RebarBox
11-19-2008, 08:45 PM
My wife drove her car 1 1/2 hours to have a brake light fixed (light wouldn't go off). She had to be at the dealership by 8:00 a.m. and was called a 3:45 p.m. to come and pick up. She paid $350.00 plus to dealer for service and left. Five miles down the road - the light came back on as well as the service light. She returned the car to the dealer and is now on the way home with a loaner. The dealer is expecting us the return the loaner once they have ours fixed.

I want to bill the dealer for MY time to make a second trip to the dealer. Can I....? Probobly not, but why not?

Any other suggestions?

DollaBill
11-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Chalk it up to "sh!t happens"

stecz20
11-19-2008, 08:52 PM
go for it, it will be for some good stories....

RebarBox
11-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Chalk it up to "sh!t happens"

Granted.. I should... and will probobly feel that way next week. But, for the rest of the week - I'm pretty sure I will be in a foul fuk'in mood!:willy_nilly::)

phragle
11-19-2008, 09:09 PM
at least they are giving you a loaner car. take it at that. people are somehow under the assumption that people who fix thingas are unfalible. they are not. neither are doctors for that matter. if a pattern was developed you would have every reason to be pizzed, but one bring back is not a pattern.

sellsman11
11-19-2008, 09:35 PM
OVER 100,000 moving parts on an automobile...........

Be nice..they are trying.:)

buck
11-19-2008, 09:43 PM
If you would have just brought it to me I'd have fixed it the first time. Hell, I would have done it for free for that matter.

It's not hard to remove a bulb out of a light.

Buck

RebarBox
11-19-2008, 10:08 PM
If you would have just brought it to me I'd have fixed it the first time. Hell, I would have done it for free for that matter.

It's not hard to remove a bulb out of a light.

Buck

OOHHHHHH SSSHHHHHiiiiiittttttt, you haven't even finished that Dodge chip you started 6 months ago.:smilielol5:

LotoSteve
11-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Read a story awhile back about a guy that billed his doctor because he had to wait an hour. Long story short, the doctor didnt pay the bill but on the next visit he didnt have to wait.

RebarBox
11-19-2008, 10:18 PM

I know - I'm really pizzed because they charged me for two computer updates to fix the problem and the problem was not fixed. I was charged $125.00 for each update.

Plus, I believe the 'updates' should be free, warranty or not. The computer did not go bad, the computer was not programed right from the factory.

Ratickle
11-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Read a story awhile back about a guy that billed his doctor because he had to wait an hour. Long story short, the doctor didnt pay the bill but on the next visit he didnt have to wait.

I sent my dentist a cancellation fee when I was cancelled after arriving, he deducted it from my next visit bill.:)

Sabercatt
11-20-2008, 01:24 AM

that # may be a touch high.

rbhudelson
11-20-2008, 01:26 AM
Any other suggestions?

make her wear a fat suit next time then maybe they won't want to see her again. :03:

clayinaustin
11-20-2008, 10:45 AM
at least they are giving you a loaner car. take it at that. people are somehow under the assumption that people who fix thingas are unfalible. they are not. neither are doctors for that matter. if a pattern was developed you would have every reason to be pizzed, but one bring back is not a pattern.

Totally agree. Let it go.

searaycer
11-20-2008, 02:05 PM
went through the exact same thing with a new 4x4 truck I bought, brought it in told them it was the cv joint on the passenger side front, get a call the truck is done come and get it, I get there and the service advisor says we could not find a problem, here is the bill for your rental car, I pay go out put truck in reverse, clank, clank, clank, go back in get service advisor show her what is wrong, tell her give me back my rental car fee you didn't fix it, her response "just cause there was nothing wrong with the truck an hour ago, does not mean we made a mistake nor are we going to refund your rent a car fee" needless to say the police were called and I was no longer aloud at that dealer ever again, oh phucking well

buck
11-20-2008, 11:57 PM
OOHHHHHH SSSHHHHHiiiiiittttttt, you haven't even finished that Dodge chip you started 6 months ago.:smilielol5:

You don't make it easy for me to finish. Every time you come by the shop you're on a motorcycle, every time I go to your house I have to jump out the back window before I'm finished because you came home to early.

Buck

RebarBox
11-21-2008, 12:45 AM
...I have to jump out the back window before I'm finished because you came home to early.

Buck

Don't mind me - I'm just there to pay the bills anyway.:leaving:

buck
11-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Don't mind me - I'm just there to pay the bills anyway.:leaving:

We both know our roles well. :seeya:

Buck

Chris
11-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Why would you drive an hour and a half for an auto repair?

Sea-Dated
11-21-2008, 11:45 AM

He lives at the lake and I assume he had to drive to Tulsa or Joplin to get to a dealer.

rbhudelson
11-21-2008, 11:46 AM

The town they live in only has a chevy dealer and she doesn't drive a chevy.:)

buck
11-21-2008, 02:14 PM

The area Chad and I live in can be somewhat "rural" so to speak. Depending on the brand of vehicle and availability of a dealer this kind of drive is not unheard of to get things done.

RebarBox
11-21-2008, 06:22 PM
The car back at home.
I'm not in jail.
But, I do not think I am welcome at Audi of Tulsa anymore.:boxing_smiley:

rbhudelson
11-21-2008, 06:34 PM
The car back at home.
I'm not in jail.
But, I do not think I am welcome at Audi of Tulsa anymore.:boxing_smiley:

Chad, I've always had great service there. I did however have some warranty work done recently that made me take the car back several times. But that was due to the company making them prove each component was broke. not a big deal for me but would have sucked for someone that had to drive from grove.

RebarBox
11-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Chad, I've always had great service there. I did however have some warranty work done recently that made me take the car back several times. But that was due to the company making them prove each component was broke. not a big deal for me but would have sucked for someone that had to drive from grove.

I E-mailed North America Audi this week with my discuss toward computer updates and Sonya had a phone call from them today. NAA said that updates do not fix the car and are not required.

Audi of Tulsa said we HAD to do updates in order to fix the car.

Manufacture says one thing, Service dealer says another. :driving:

BUT, it's Friday and I have a bourbon in my hand.... LIFE IS GOOD!;)

buck
11-22-2008, 02:20 AM
BUT, it's Friday and I have a Buck as a friend.... LIFE IS GOOD!;)

Thanks pal. I'm there for ya anytime. :sifone: