PDA

View Full Version : What has powerboat donw! Matt trulio

BOJOE2
02-13-2010, 12:27 PM
I have noticed they are using less and less of matt's articles so do i say powerboat is going down hill, maybe i'm bias but i use to open the mag when it arrived to see what articles were in here from matt. I liked what he wrote about and they were all intresting. Greg writes a great article but matts articles kept you reading until you were done reading them. I know matt is the writer at large but he had so many articles over the years and i see in 2009 they cut his artiles back and i hope for 2010 he get more articles out there. What is your take on this. He is by far one of thest boat writers out there.

Tom A.
02-13-2010, 04:24 PM
I agree Matt's articles were the best. This issue does seem to be lacking a bit. The towing guide is ok other than the fact it is a 50 page Ford ad.

CRC
02-13-2010, 04:41 PM
The magazine is hurting. They dropped two issues and downsized. The towing guide has always had a sponsor. Better Ford than Toyota....

02-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Better Ford than Toyota....

+1

Yeah, I think they are in survival mode. First the Impending demise of print media (much to my chagrin) an this "Main Stream Media" promulgated and sustained recession. :(

Matt Trulio
02-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the sentiment, but the decrease in my contributions to Powerboat is simply business. Please support the magazine if it is, in fact, something you like.

2112 ... I disagree regarding the "impending demise of print media," but without question, things are changing.

fund razor
02-14-2010, 09:23 AM
2112 ... I disagree regarding the "impending demise of print media," but without question, things are changing.

You are right, Matt. The demise of print media isn't impending. It's in progress. Every newspaper in this country is in exit strategy mode, the magazines are moving toward the online format. Printers are scrambling, paper companies are closing.

Guttenberg had a great run though, you gotta admit. (Apologies to offset printing who's enjoyed a wonderful 100 years, but seriously... 1440 technology went a long way.)

The reality is that the generation behind us will have never subscribed to a printed version of anything.

allicat38
02-14-2010, 09:39 AM
They need to do more with boats the average person can afford. There could also be average joes boats that get review, a feature article on them with there performace upgrades or whatever. More like a Hot Rod magazine. Also the more tech articles the better , there could never be enough of that. There should be a magazine completely like a teague on tech section but a whole magazine title that. Just my opinion.

Ratickle
02-14-2010, 09:42 AM
They need to do more with boats the average person can afford. There could also be average joes boats that get review, a feature article on them with there performace upgrades or whatever. More like a Hot Rod magazine. Also the more tech articles the better , there could never be enough of that. There should be a magazine completely like a teague on tech section but a whole magazine title that. Just my opinion.

Welcome to the site. Enjoy.

You may have something there, an annual tech issue......

I cut out and save almost every Tech article I ever think I would use. Have them back to 74:eek:........

Props, Drives, Engines, etc...All loose leaf binders with protective inserts.

CRC
02-14-2010, 11:12 AM
On-line magazines will fail. There is too much free stuff out there. An endless supply of free stuff. All the world's knowledge and images are at our fingertips. Why would anyone pay for an on-line magazine sub? That is the way Performance Boats chose to go (there is an easy way to view them for free BTW) and I hope Powerboat doesn't follow suit.

MarylandMark
02-14-2010, 11:27 AM
The reality is that the generation behind us will have never subscribed to a printed version of anything.

Good point! If its not online/iPhone/BlackBerry; it's treading water at best.