View Full Version : 1969 Dodge Daytona Hemi Charger

LotoSteve
02-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Wow

http://www.treas.gov/auctions/irs/tuok_auto_3659.htm

http://www.treas.gov/auctions/irs/images/tokp23659.JPG

tcuda499
02-08-2010, 07:59 PM
That is friggin unbeleivable. 400 miles??? that will go for BIG six figures.I would love to have that car!!!!!

old377guy
02-08-2010, 08:48 PM
I'll take two!!!

MarylandMark
02-08-2010, 09:12 PM
http://www.venturaclassics.com/InventoryItem.aspx?id=606

Quinlan
02-08-2010, 09:53 PM
http://www.venturaclassics.com/InventoryItem.aspx?id=606

Man that place is about 2 miles from my house! I need to go ck that out.

Lee
02-08-2010, 10:03 PM
WOW, Awesome car, but those Keystone Classic wheels, not so much.

Wrinkleface
02-08-2010, 10:28 PM
cool!!

Expensive Date
02-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Who owned it,anyone know?

JupiterSunsation
02-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Why wouldn't the IRS enter this car at Barrett Jackson? BJ would fetch the largest dollar amount out there for this car and even after paying the fees the IRS would be ahead of the game.

I disagree how they do these auctions. If the guy paid 1mm for this car and owes the IRS 1mm then they sell it for 200K.....guess what, he still owes 800K! Yet if they got top dollar for the car he would be debt free.

ImaPoser
02-08-2010, 10:46 PM
I disagree how they do these auctions. If the guy paid 1mm for this car and owes the IRS 1mm then they sell it for 200K.....guess what, he still owes 800K! Yet if they got top dollar for the car he would be debt free.

Sure, the IRS is going to bend over backwards and be worried about getting top dollar for it. :rolleyes:

Maybe he should have sold it before the gov. seized it.

And the wheels were the first thing I noticed as well.:ack2:

JupiterSunsation
02-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Sure, the IRS is going to bend over backwards and be worried about getting top dollar for it. :rolleyes:

Maybe he should have sold it before the gov. seized it.

And the wheels were the first thing I noticed as well.:ack2:

I can't believe the IRS knew what it was/what it was worth!

He could have told them he owned a 41 year old Chrysler........like a Brady Bunch wagon instead of one of the rarest cars of that era!

Sometimes rare assets are tough to sell quickly for top dollar......

Slandrew
02-09-2010, 05:40 AM
That was the Dodge version of the superbird nice car!:USA:

LotoSteve
02-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Why wouldn't the IRS enter this car at Barrett Jackson? BJ would fetch the largest dollar amount out there for this car and even after paying the fees the IRS would be ahead of the game.

We ARE talking about a governemnt agency after all.

rainmn
02-09-2010, 09:20 AM

That sucks, but why should it be the IRS' problem, and not the deadbeat's who hasn't paid his taxes?

Ted
02-09-2010, 09:40 AM
That was the Dodge version of the superbird nice car!:USA:

There are a LOT less Daytona Chargers out there and they are worth WAY more money than the Superbird. There is a good possibility that one of those, maybe that one, will become the most expensive Chrysler product ever sold.

Boss252
02-09-2010, 09:51 AM
It should have factory rivits holding on the trim tag. That one has screws. That right there would make me question if it is a high quality clone

JupiterSunsation
02-09-2010, 10:55 AM
That sucks, but why should it be the IRS' problem, and not the deadbeat's who hasn't paid his taxes?

My point was sometimes this "rare" stuff can't be sold on Ebay top dollar in a week! I understand the IRS wants to get paid (so Obama has money to give away!) but in the case of cars like this it may not be in their own best interests to sell it themselves.

How they even got their hands on this car is beyond me......if it was mine and they were looking for it it would sell for NADA value to a friend/relative so it could be sold later for top dollar rather than let them sell it for whatever they can get for it on their own.

pullmytrigger
02-09-2010, 11:16 AM
How they even got their hands on this car is beyond me......if it was mine and they were looking for it it would sell for NADA value to a friend/relative so it could be sold later for top dollar rather than let them sell it for whatever they can get for it on their own.

x2....the guy must be a total eff - up......or he died and he still owes taxes

hemi powered....very rare......in the early 80s a guy I knew had a Daytona....in pieces....but it was all there, had the 440 auto, Sublime green.....the prev owner had put a, get this, Ostrich skin vinyl roof on it that included the trunk lid!!.....faaack!.....my "friend" stripped the ostrich off it and was getting the car ready for a good paint job......the guy was such a hellraiser he was hard to hang around with so I kept my distance from him then he died a few yrs later at age 32 of hard living.....wasnt close to his family for the same reasons.....my buddies and I wonder to this day what happened to that car

Sea-Dated
02-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Man that place is about 2 miles from my house! I need to go ck that out.

No chit. I need to head over there and check that thing out!!!!

cigdaze
02-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Wow. Incredible. It looks mint.

Lee
02-09-2010, 01:24 PM
It should have factory rivits holding on the trim tag. That one has screws. That right there would make me question if it is a high quality clone

Screws are correct for the trim tag, Rosette rivets were used for the vin tag.
GM, however used hollow tube rivets for their trim tag attachment.

HiZ
02-09-2010, 01:28 PM

That would be in a GM only mfg vehicle, over........................

Trim+Chrysler=Screw
Vin+Chrysler=RivRiv

HiZ
02-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Good call Lee, agreed^^^^^^^

Boss252
02-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the clarifcation. I wasn't aware of that. Can you tell I am a Chevy guy :D