PDA

View Full Version : Inside of STATEMENT

PARADOX
02-08-2010, 03:10 PM
And I mean literally.

First I want to thank the Statement boys for my ride in the awesome 42 in the Keys back in November. For some time I been hearing and reading about the ride and it was nice to experience first hand and concur with the comments. The design is truly a new performance level to be matched.
I won’t get into the ride here since there are many comments already, but rather point to some personal observations, and design details.
For the few wondering about the feeling of wakes with the cushioned cockpit, no worries. To me it felt stiff enough that the waves and wave characteristics can be felt. The cockpit really comes into play minimizing the rough “bounces” while not eliminating the feelings of sea condition.
The other think I found very comforting is that the small ripple effect on the hull… even in relatively smooth conditions, is gone. I didn’t feel every little rumble or bump as I do with conventional “V” hulls.
I’m sure you know the feeling when your boat seem to be traveling on gravel at higher speeds. I did not feel this in the Statement.
Furthermore, the issue of maintenance not need to be a concern. I personally seen the access panels in case of repair requirements.
Best success to Statement. See you guys in Miami. :cheers2:

old377guy
02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
thanks for the input - an interesting design

MarylandMark
02-08-2010, 03:49 PM
With the utmost respect,

In that MSRP range, I would have expected when showcasing their signature system, it would have been finished off..

Thanks for sharing and thanks to Statement for providing access!

Sean H
02-08-2010, 04:06 PM
With the utmost respect,

In that MSRP range, I would have expected when showcasing their signature system, it would have been finished off..

Thanks for sharing and thanks to Statement for providing access!

I believe that is an unrigged bilge.

PARADOX
02-08-2010, 04:20 PM
I believe that is an unrigged bilge.

You'r right Sean.. It's hull no. 2. Hull 2 had some revisions from No. 1.
I had to put my head inside the bilge to take the pics. :)

MarylandMark
02-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks for clearing that up- was not trying to be a pr*ck - just inputting my initial impression to help them better their impressive product if it weren't done.

Sean H
02-08-2010, 04:37 PM
I think they pretty much have the fit and finish thing down.

We all know you aren't used to looking at places where the engines go on the inside of the boat. :sifone:

Coolerman
02-08-2010, 04:42 PM
We all know you aren't used to looking at places where the engines go on the inside of the boat. :sifone:

Ice Cold! :bump:

Edward R. Cozzi
02-08-2010, 05:38 PM
The Statement crew was kind enough to take me out for a quick blast in the ocean at the Sunny Isles to Bimini race last June. I must say the performance is awesome and that cockpit is for sure a spine-saver. The fit and finish, ride and overall feel of the boat are all superlative. Excellent, excellent excellent.
Thanks again for the ride.

PARADOX
02-13-2010, 10:47 AM
The next Cat.
Checkiing out the new Statement cat in about an hour.