PDA

View Full Version : Totus

Tommy Gun
02-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Teleprompter of the United States...perhaps someone should explain to President Obama that the pin Corpsman is SILENT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlKIfzoC8D0

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Buoy
02-04-2010, 10:42 PM
I heard the clip on the radio on my way home from work today.

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::smash:

Isn't a "corpseman" and undertaker ?:rolleyes:

jayboat
02-04-2010, 10:59 PM
This is worth a new freakin thread? A simple mispronunciation?

Hey, maybe we could do a separate thread for EVERY STUPID THING dumbya ever said- we would need a whole new forum. That retard couldn't even read a teleprompter.

Tommy Gun
02-04-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm hoping to see this one in a Letterman "Great Moments in Presidential Speeches".

Bush certainley had his moments, why not spread the fun around...or does it insult you?

Really though, don't you think the Commander in Chief should at least know how to pronounce the ranks of those that serve under him? And as for a simple mispronunciation...three times is a charm.

Trim'd Up
02-05-2010, 10:42 AM
It is a mispronunciation the first time, after that well...
He just had to sound it out. :26:

Birdog
02-05-2010, 10:49 AM
This is worth a new freakin thread? A simple mispronunciation?

Hey, maybe we could do a separate thread for EVERY STUPID THING dumbya ever said- we would need a whole new forum. That retard couldn't even read a teleprompter.

You guys did...for 8 years !...You had plenty of ammo

cigdaze
02-05-2010, 10:55 AM
The tele-prompter blunder is amusing. :D

But why is it that anytime a discussion regarding Obama comes up we must digress to slamming Bush? Serious, is Obama really that indefensible that the only available defense is to mock another? Can we not come up with any positives regarding Obama, such that it would not be necessary to resort to attempts making someone else look worse? Has the art of debate completely been lost?

jayboat
02-05-2010, 11:18 AM
The tele-prompter blunder is amusing. :D

But why is it that anytime a discussion regarding Obama comes up we must digress to slamming Bush? Serious, is Obama really that indefensible that the only available defense is to mock another? Can we not come up with any positives regarding Obama, such that it would not be necessary to resort to attempts making someone else look worse? Has the art of debate completely been lost?

Well, I suppose I could bring up congressional RETHUG (bold just for you, Nick :cheers2:) stupidity. But since this is about slamming the president, I just thought I'd be fair and balanced. Kinda like fox newz. ok?

I also happen to think it's appropriate when discussing speaking ability, since the two men are at opposite ends of the spectrum. I particularly like how wingnuts are fond of pointing out that Obama can't talk without a teleprompter, which is patently untrue (see the recent takedown of the repubs in the question-and-answer session if you need proof). Dumbya was a complete and total embarrassment EVERY TIME he got near a microphone.

There are PLENTY of positives about him, but some people seem more interested in non-issues such as his birth certificate, etc. :smash: It's a freakin' joke, just like this thread.

redhotsommer
02-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Although it pains me greatly to agree with a person that seems to be so misguided in his opinions of our President, I will do so here. Is it worthy of a thread, sure, why not? Everyone has his/her idea of what they deem important.

HOWEVER...George W. Bush could not pronounce the word "NUCLEAR" correctly FOR 8 DAMN YEARS. Drove me absolutely NUTS.

cigdaze
02-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Well, I suppose I could bring up congressional RETHUG (bold just for you, Nick :cheers2:) stupidity. But since this is about slamming the president, I just thought I'd be fair and balanced. Kinda like fox newz. ok?

I also happen to think it's appropriate when discussing speaking ability, since the two men are at opposite ends of the spectrum. I particularly like how wingnuts are fond of pointing out that Obama can't talk without a teleprompter, which is patently untrue (see the recent takedown of the repubs in the question-and-answer session if you need proof). Dumbya was a complete and total embarrassment EVERY TIME he got near a microphone.

There are PLENTY of positives about him, but some people seem more interested in non-issues such as his birth certificate, etc. :smash: It's a freakin' joke, just like this thread.

So, your premise of debate is:

"Obama is stupid."
"Ya, well Bush is stupid, too."

It's funny you mention embarrassment. Because that's how I feel about Obumbla. (Look, I can make up names, too. Isn't this silly good fun? :D )
And since when is a President's birthplace, id est citizenship, id est eligibility, a non-issue?

Rush
02-05-2010, 12:07 PM
I like this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzZNP4tTfV0

Wrinkleface
02-05-2010, 12:12 PM
he should stick 2 "CREOLE"!!!!!:biggrinjester:

LotoSteve
02-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Although it pains me greatly to agree with a person that seems to be so misguided in his opinions of our President, I will do so here. Is it worthy of a thread, sure, why not? Everyone has his/her idea of what they deem important.

HOWEVER...George W. Bush could not pronounce the word "NUCLEAR" correctly FOR 8 DAMN YEARS. Drove me absolutely NUTS.

Bush had a speech impediment. Barry's an arrogant educated idiot.

Tommy Gun
02-05-2010, 12:27 PM

Fisrt off I've never heard O'Reilly compare Obama and the Nazi's...that would be Glenn Beck, who if you recall was previously on CNN.

Speaking of O'Reilly he mentioned this week that they uncovered announcments of Obama's birth in Hawaiian papers...thereby putting an end to the legitimacy of birth issue...which O'Reilly never questioned (that would be Hannity). So why wouldn't he provide a copy of his certificate?

And just what is the problem with Fox...now the top rated cable network and "most trusted news source"; sure they have opinion shows like O'Reilly, Beck, Hannity and Gretta; but they also have factual news; Brett Baier,Shepard Smith; Major Garrett that are certainley as legitimate as the liberally slanted NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC...who has Olbermann, Madddow, Matthews...they are liberally opinionated shows so why is a conservatively opinionated show a problem...can't there be one? Why do the liberals always have to slam every thing/one who offers a differing opinion? One network out of all the others and print media and you're offended? You may call it sensationalism, some of it is, but that is just a different viewpoint and certainley no less offensive than Olbermann and Maddow. BTW did you catch that infantile name calling rant from Olbermann regaridng Scott Brown? Real classy.

Tommy Gun
02-05-2010, 12:35 PM
BTW in caqse you missed that Olbermann rant here you go...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/01/21/jon_stewart_mocks_keith_olbermann_over_scott_brown_attacks.html

But I guess this is more your idea of fair and balanced.

Chris
02-05-2010, 12:40 PM
The real tragedy is that we can never again have a president that isn't first and foremost a performer. They have to look and speak as if they're in a major motion picture. That means that a guy like Lincoln, broadly regarded as our greatest president, would today have little chance of advancing past the level of congressman of some backwoods district in middle America.

jayboat
02-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Fisrt off I've never heard O'Reilly compare Obama and the Nazi's...that would be Glenn Beck, who if you recall was previously on CNN.

There are plenty of youtubes of billo doing it. I'm too lazy to find the links.

Speaking of O'Reilly he mentioned this week that they uncovered announcments of Obama's birth in Hawaiian papers...thereby putting an end to the legitimacy of birth issue...which O'Reilly never questioned (that would be Hannity). So why wouldn't he provide a copy of his certificate?

oh, all of sudden these announcements are news? :rolleyes:

And just what is the problem with Fox...now the top rated cable network and "most trusted news source"; sure they have opinion shows like O'Reilly, Beck, Hannity and Gretta; but they also have factual news; Brett Baier,Shepard Smith; Major Garrett that are certainley as legitimate as the liberally slanted NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC...who has Olbermann, Madddow, Matthews...they are liberally opinionated shows so why is a conservatively opinionated show a problem...can't there be one? Why do the liberals always have to slam every thing/one who offers a differing opinion? One network out of all the others and print media and you're offended? You may call it sensationalism, some of it is, but that is just a different viewpoint and certainley no less offensive than Olbermann and Maddow. BTW did you catch that infantile name calling rant from Olbermann regaridng Scott Brown? Real classy.
One problem I have with Fox is that THEY MAKE SH!T UP. all the time.
Olbermann can be a bit tiresome, but he does not MAKE SH!T UP.

Tommy Gun
02-05-2010, 01:15 PM

Prove it...give me one concrete example of something they made up.

Or do you mean stuff like attributing Palin's baby to her kid...oh wait that was the Daily KOS.

jayboat
02-05-2010, 08:59 PM
So, your premise of debate is:

"Obama is stupid."
"Ya, well Bush is stupid, too."

It's funny you mention embarrassment. Because that's how I feel about Obumbla. (Look, I can make up names, too. Isn't this silly good fun? :D )
And since when is a President's birthplace, id est citizenship, id est eligibility, a non-issue?

For cripes sake. Now YOU are spouting nonsense. And, no, that's not my premise at all.

And I can see how right wing extremists would look at the President's speaking style and say things like obumbla. Calling the names doesn't mean squat to me- it's humorous to watch detractors attempt to make it an issue, when it clearly is not. He is a world-class speaker and it's obvious to anyone who actually watches that his is fast forward thinking and assembling/adjusting his thoughts quicker than you or I, anyone on the board or anyone that any of us know, can do.

Via KOS, Seth Myers explains the repub conundrum:

"On Friday Obama appeared before House Republicans in a historic televised Q and A, and performed so well that afterwards GOP aides said that allowing the cameras to roll like that was a mistake. Come on, Republicans...are you on such a Scott Brown high that you thought you could take down Barack Obama by debating him? You realize debates are why he's president, right? Seriously, all you guys do is complain about how Obama is all talk, and then you invite him to a forum that's literally all talk. That's like saying, 'Let's see how tough Aquaman is when we get him in the water.'"

---Seth Meyers
:cheers2:

BBB725
02-05-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm hoping to see this one in a Letterman "Great Moments in Presidential Speeches".

Bush certainley had his moments, why not spread the fun around...or does it insult you?

Really though, don't you think the Commander in Chief should at least know how to pronounce the ranks of those that serve under him? And as for a simple mispronunciation...three times is a charm.

All he did was "mispronounceate" as W would say:sifone:

BBB725
02-05-2010, 09:07 PM
He is a world-class speaker and it's obvious to anyone who actually watches that his is fast forward thinking and assembling/adjusting his thoughts quicker than you or I, anyone on the board or anyone that any of us know, can do.

Well, now that you mention it:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULT8U2pzXWI

BBB725
02-05-2010, 09:26 PM

Dan Rather never made anything up about Bushes Air National Guard service:sifone:

Everyone reports news with their slant

Buoy
02-06-2010, 12:08 AM
You know what we need on this board??
A vegan.
I mean, just a diehard vegetarian.
It would be fun for debate.
Maybe I'm just thinking this because I just got home from a dinner out, huge cut of prime rib.
I'm waiting for someone to argue with me that I shouldn't eat meat.
But, it's just oh so tasty!!:)

The political arguments are getting boring.:seeya:

So who's the resident brussel sprout guy that wants to take me on??:sifone: