PDA

View Full Version : Charter Cable-weird pricing

Magicfloat
01-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Been with them for years,$42 a month total.A year ago my bill went up $5 with no explanation. Called for reason, they said no problem,we will keep it at $42.Got a bill today,$49.Called to ask why,she said the $42 promotion is over,but she can now do $34 total,same service. Guess they assume the ones that don't call will just pay the increase,those that call will save $15/month.I wonder what my price would have been if I said cancel service?Strange way to do business,but they are in Chapter 11 I believe.:rolleyes:

cigdaze
01-26-2010, 05:54 PM
All cable and satellite companies do the same thing. All you have to do is call 'em every year or two, threaten to cancel and switch to the competition, and you'll get the newest deal. Sucks, but that's the way it is. :mad:

I go through the same crap with Brighthouse and Dish Network.

MarylandMark
01-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Been with them for years,$42 a month total.A year ago my bill went up $5 with no explanation. Called for reason, they said no problem,we will keep it at $42.Got a bill today,$49.Called to ask why,she said the $42 promotion is over,but she can now do $34 total,same service. Guess they assume the ones that don't call will just pay the increase,those that call will save $15/month.I wonder what my price would have been if I said cancel service?Strange way to do business,but they are in Chapter 11 I believe.:rolleyes:

Looks to me like you are saving $8 a month? :sifone:

All cable and satellite companies do the same thing. All you have to do is call 'em every year or two, threaten to cancel and switch to the competition, and you'll get the newest deal. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

+1. I know Comcast Cable had a "Customer Retention Department"- called and asked for them and skip through talking to 3 different people and they had the power to make me a new customer again which qualified me for the best deal they had.

Magicfloat
01-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Yes,$8 over old bill,but $15 over new bill if I had just paid the $49 and not called. But I'll take it at $34:cheers2:

phragle
01-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Sounds like a Obama plan, the quiet pay for the loud...

MarylandMark
01-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Opps- I read it wrong the 1st time. I was thinking you were saying you would rather be paying the $42 than the $34 and I was thinking I may need to buy a boat from you if that is how your calculator worked!