PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Toppings

Buoy
01-23-2010, 12:47 AM
So, what is best on a pie??

Just had a one half Pepperoni/Sausage/Green Pepper, and the other half Ham/Bacon/Pineapple.
I'm not even sure which side I liked better.
What do you guys like.

Yes I know this is a nonsense thread, but I'm in a mood.

Bobcat
01-23-2010, 12:54 AM
some A-hole just brought this up in the PUI thread.:leaving:

Expensive Date
01-23-2010, 12:56 AM
Anchovies

phragle
01-23-2010, 12:58 AM
perperoni and pineapple

glassdave
01-23-2010, 01:08 AM
I have a pizza question. Is Ohio the only place you can simply order a hawiian pizza? Seems any time i ask for that any where else i get puzzled looks and have to tell them whats on it. Out east a few weeks ago i also had to explain a pizza sub . . . . :confused:

glassdave
01-23-2010, 01:12 AM
oh . . . either plain pepperoni . . . or ground beef and onion . . . or (of course) hawiian :cool:

but above all . . . . . :cool:
XazaOWrnJ5o

Buoy
01-23-2010, 01:14 AM
some A-hole just brought this up in the PUI thread.:leaving:

I would be said a-hole:cheers2:

Buoy
01-23-2010, 01:17 AM
I have a pizza question. Is Ohio the only place you can simply order a hawiian pizza? Seems any time i ask for that any where else i get puzzled looks and have to tell them whats on it. Out east a few weeks ago i also had to explain a pizza sub . . . . :confused:

Dave, what's your definition of "Hawiian"??

Mine is the stated Ham/Bacon/Pineapple.
I've seen many places leave off either the ham or the bacon.

Oh, and a pizza sub...
I'm missing getting a good pizza "grinder"
There was a place up in Temperance that had a great pizza grinder!!

glassdave
01-23-2010, 01:25 AM
Dave, what's your definition of "Hawiian"??

Mine is the stated Ham/Bacon/Pineapple.

I'm missing getting a good pizza "grinder"
There was a place up in Temperance that had a great pizza grinder!!

also black olives on thew hawiian but yea thats it

how bout the oinkster or dipster at Clamdigers?

Buoy
01-23-2010, 01:48 AM
also black olives on thew hawiian but yea thats it

how bout the oinkster or dipster at Clamdigers?

Damn...
I moved out of town before then.
Tell me about them!

glassdave
01-23-2010, 02:26 AM
Clamdiggers is a pizza joint/bar and grill up in Monroe on the Raisin river. We hit there on sundays to wrap up the weekend on this end of Erie. Place is known for the dipsters (kind of a foldover pizza and dipping sauce) and the clamdiggers(bloody mary with clamato and other stuff). Its the best "zahh" on the lake next to Frostys. :cool:

phragle
01-23-2010, 02:29 AM
Clammies mashed potatoe pizza.....

Buoy
01-23-2010, 02:37 AM
Clammies mashed potatoe pizza.....

I know it's only a matter of time before I see the Little Ceasar Pizza! Pizza! Picture.
How much is Mike Ilitch paying you??:cheers2:

Buoy
01-23-2010, 02:43 AM
Clamdiggers is a pizza joint/bar and grill up in Monroe on the Raisin river. We hit there on sundays to wrap up the weekend on this end of Erie. Place is known for the dipsters (kind of a foldover pizza and dipping sauce) and the clamdiggers(bloody mary with clamato and other stuff). Its the best "zahh" on the lake next to Frostys. :cool:

You have to be hammered to actually like Frosty's pizza, but, if you're at the Bay, I Imagine you would be.
I'm actually proud I was only arrested at PIB once.
Thankfully I'm older, and more married.
The jail was pretty clean though.
Fortunately I had a buddy with bail money.

phragle
01-23-2010, 02:59 AM
I know it's only a matter of time before I see the Little Ceasar Pizza! Pizza! Picture.
How much is Mike Ilitch paying you??:cheers2:

Not enough.....

phragle
01-23-2010, 03:01 AM
I jut remember when little ceasers was an actual sit down pizza rest. at suder and shoreland.. pitchers of beer, live music and good pizza.. those 5 dollar things they sell now suck........

tunnelvision69
01-23-2010, 10:38 AM
I like pizza huts bbq beef in deep dish.

Audiofn
01-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Sweet sausage, ricota cheeze and garlic. Sounds gross but tastes SOOOOO good.

The other one I like is a buffalo pizza that is spicy chicken, halapinios and something else.

glassdave
01-23-2010, 11:28 AM
You have to be hammered to actually like Frosty's pizza, but, if you're at the Bay, I Imagine you would be.
I'm actually proud I was only arrested at PIB once.
Thankfully I'm older, and more married.
The jail was pretty clean though.
Fortunately I had a buddy with bail money.

you should try the jail in St Clair Mi . . . they have an ice cream machine (no chit) :sifone:

You know, i have to agree. The pizza at Frostys is ok at best but hey its on an island and you can only get it by boat so that bumps it up a bit. Plus i dont think i have ever had one sober so whos to say really :D

TCEd
01-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Old school traditional pizza, no franchise junk, no fru-fruu toppings.
ed

BBB725
01-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Sausage mushroom and onion

tommymonza
01-23-2010, 12:17 PM
When i was in Switzerland just over the border from Italy a couple years ago i had a pizza off the menu called a Bismark. It was a tradional cheese and sauce pizza with just spicy sausage on it topped off with an egg cracked open on it in the middle right after it came out of the oven.mmmmmm so good,

Fratelli La Bufala on South Beach is a true Italian eatery from Italy and they will make a pizza for me with the egg. MMM i can feel a road trip coming on.

We go to the East coast quite a bit just for the pizza there and a day on the beach.

glassdave
01-23-2010, 12:28 PM
When i was in Switzerland just over the border from Italy a couple years ago i had a pizza off the menu called a Bismark. It was a tradional cheese and sauce pizza with just spicy sausage on it topped off with an egg cracked open on it in the middle right after it came out of the oven.mmmmmm so good,

Fratelli La Bufala on South Beach is a true Italian eatery from Italy and they will make a pizza for me with the egg. MMM i can feel a road trip coming on.

We go to the East coast quite a bit just for the pizza there and a day on the beach.

Pizza in Italy isnt like what we have here, i dont know what you would call what we have in comparison. Were you in Martigny by any chance? Had something similar there but dont remember what it was called, we had stopped there on our way to Chamolix. I went to a place in Rome called Est! Est! Est! and that was the first time i had real pizza. The food alone is worth the trip over there :D

OldSchool
01-23-2010, 12:30 PM
http://www.ledopizza.com/

In my world, there is nothing better than a Ledo Pizza!!!

I usually get sausage, pepperoni and ham on it. :cheers2::cheers2:

DollaBill
01-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Sweet sausage, ricota cheeze and garlic. Sounds gross but tastes SOOOOO good.

The other one I like is a buffalo pizza that is spicy chicken, halapinios and something else.

That does sound good.

BTW.. WTF is a "grinder"? And anyone who puts pineapple on a pizza should be shot :)

Buoy
01-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Grinder is like a sub, but the bread is flatter/thicker, and not as doughy.
http://www.garzellis.com/pages/grinders.aspx

And screw you:), I'll take pineapple on just about anything.
It's kind of like bacon, you can add it to anything and it makes it better.:sifone:

tommymonza
01-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Pizza in Italy isnt like what we have here, i dont know what you would call what we have in comparison. Were you in Martigny by any chance? Had something similar there but dont remember what it was called, we had stopped there on our way to Chamolix. I went to a place in Rome called Est! Est! Est! and that was the first time i had real pizza. The food alone is worth the trip over there :D

Never made it up that way Dave.Yea Italian pizza is more about the pomdora than anything.And the mozzerela is the freshest and sliced.

I eat a real italian pizza at a eatery here in Naples that make a pizza with prosciutto and arugola.I know rabbit food on a pizza:sifone:But its good

I love a tradional greasy New York pizza to and a deep dish Chicago pizza.

Ahh i am gettting hungry.

My girlfriend and i used to have the challenge of if there was one thing you could never have again would it be pizza or beer. Tough decision because what is pizza without beer.And pizza is the esential food in life.Guess we just gave up sex and we can keep our pizza and beer.

Ted
01-23-2010, 12:48 PM
http://www.ledopizza.com/

In my world, there is nothing better than a Ledo Pizza!!!

I usually get sausage, pepperoni and ham on it. :cheers2::cheers2:

:iamwithstupid:

Ledo's well done with sausage and green pepper or bacon and onion, the BOMB!

OldSchool
01-23-2010, 12:53 PM
:iamwithstupid:

Ledo's well done with sausage and green pepper or bacon and onion, the BOMB!

LOL, I always order mine well-done and tell them not to cut it. It's always better the next day!!! :cheers2:

Ratickle
01-23-2010, 01:23 PM
LOL, I always order mine well-done and tell them not to cut it. It's always better the next day!!! :cheers2:

The after-taste or the gas?????:sifone:

JupiterSunsation
01-23-2010, 01:24 PM

no, California Pizza Kitchen sells it nationwide.....cpk.com

MarylandMark
01-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Ledo's rocks!! To me it is not like a "true Italian" type pizza like one would get in Philly but is a great pie none the less- just different.

Have you ever had the Shrimp and Spicy Chorizo pizza? Kind of different..

Our LEDO sauce with sweet shrimp and sliced spicy chorizo sausage. Sprinkled with old bay seasoning

DollaBill
01-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Patsy's in East Harlem. Dough, cheese, tomato. That simple.

Scarab KV
01-23-2010, 02:53 PM

Nope. Red's in Oshkosh has them and just about any combination you can think of. They're Ruben pizza is a must when ever I can get up there.:drool5:

TCEd
01-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Nope. Red's in Oshkosh has them and just about any combination you can think of. They're Ruben pizza is a must when ever I can get up there.:drool5:

I'm laughing because somewhere there is a BEST RUBEN thread and someone posts the ruben pizza is the best !!!!!!

TCEd
01-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Patsy's in East Harlem. Dough, cheese, tomato. That simple.

Yup!!!!

Scarab KV
01-23-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm laughing because somewhere there is a BEST RUBEN thread and someone posts the ruben pizza is the best !!!!!!

They're awsome!!

DollaBill
01-23-2010, 03:38 PM
You know what I hate? Chicago style pizza. It's like eating a pizza-cake. WTF is that?

Scarab KV
01-23-2010, 04:07 PM
You know what I hate? Chicago style pizza. It's like eating a pizza-cake. WTF is that?

:iagree:
All crust:huh:

jayboat
01-23-2010, 06:40 PM
:iagree:
All crust:huh:

Dayum... I just came in here to say I love the original Uno's in Chi-town and there you guys go, harshing my pizza buzz.

I like's lots of greasy, dripping meat on mine.

I also predict this thread could become something similar to another thread in another world that uses the 'S' word. :smash:

Buoy
01-23-2010, 08:53 PM
I also predict this thread could become something similar to another thread in another world that uses the 'S' word. :smash:

In some odd way, after I posted this last night, I didn't expect any response.
I woke up this morning and it was on page 2.
Last night I had Jimmy & Joe's. Best pie I've found in AZ so far.
The best I had back in Kentucky was Nicky's in Hebron.
Toledo - I'm still going with Marco's, but the best is from the original location in Rossford. It was cool that they would deliver right to your boat dock.
I knew a guy that regularly order a pizza from them under a different name, to a different dock space than his, and he would wait for the pizza guy to show up, and then say "No, he left 10 minutes ago. What's on the pie? I'll give you $5 for it". and the delivery guy always took the $5 instead of going back empty.
He was a Cop from Sylvania

MacGyver
01-23-2010, 09:20 PM
I knew a guy that regularly order a pizza from them under a different name, to a different dock space than his, and he would wait for the pizza guy to show up, and then say "No, he left 10 minutes ago. What's on the pie? I'll give you $5 for it". and the delivery guy always took the $5 instead of going back empty.

Police now all the tricks.

GB
01-23-2010, 09:32 PM
It was cool that they would deliver right to your boat dock.

Guess we can safely assume you approved....:willy_nilly:

Buoy
01-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Guess we can safely assume you approved....:willy_nilly:

I was 11. He was a cool guy, and he played the ladies like Clay or Dolla.
Of course I approved.
I'm a bit more rounded now at. 38

01-24-2010, 12:54 AM
I worked in a pizza serving bar when I was in High school (late 70's early eighties) and we had the best pizza in town. All pizzas came on a very thin crust. Crust is just a tool to bring the meat to your mouth. That thick crap is bread for your girlfriends and homosexual hangers-on.

The three best pizzas we had;

Pub Special; (In order) sauce/cheese, Canadian Bacon, Polish sausage, olives, onions, mushrooms and Linguicia (Portuguese sausage).

Professors special; sauce/cheese Canadian bacon, salami, onions, olives, mushrooms and Polish sausage.

Taco Pizza; sauce/cheese, ground beef, onions then when it comes out of the oven, fresh lettuce, diced tomatoes, cheddar and sour cream criss crossed over it all.

Every one of these were 4 inches thick on top of a 1/5th inch thick crust. They all weighed about 6-8 pounds for a 14" diameter. I think they had 24 different combos and would make anything you wanted special.

We sold about $3,000 worth every Friday and Saturday night and that was 30 years ago! :sifone:

BY U BOY
01-24-2010, 01:04 AM
ham,onions,fresh garlic and black olives and sometimes throw some jalapenos on.

Davidmnc
01-24-2010, 01:22 AM
Pizza Pizza.......................Pan Pan

glassdave
01-24-2010, 01:33 AM

good to know because i was beginning to wonder, seemed most places i went had never heard of it. :cool:

Seen Chicago style pizza mentioned on the thread here. I went there for new years once and at about four in the morning ordered a large for my self and the GF. Took 45 minutes but worth the wait and there was no way we could even put a dent in that thing. It musta been two inches thick, best i could do was about two and a half pieces, it was huge. :drool5:

theres a place in town here called Inkys that does a great thin style and it is my all time favorite pizza joint. Funny thing is i have been going there for probably twenty five years and all i ever get is extra cheese and pepperoni. Years ago i tried one with everything and it just wasnt that good but the plain cheese and pepperoni is the best anywhere. Other funny thing is there fantastic cold the next day. Whenever we eat there i always get a small to go for the next morning, best breakfast pizza in the world :D.

Davidmnc
01-24-2010, 01:35 AM
Beer

phragle
01-24-2010, 01:44 AM
Dayum... I just came in here to say I love the original Uno's in Chi-town and there you guys go, harshing my pizza buzz.

SUBWAY!!!!!!! Dave likes their pizza...

Davidmnc
01-24-2010, 01:46 AM
SUBWAY!!!!!!! Dave likes their pizza...

I like beer! :cheers2:

MarylandMark
01-24-2010, 11:56 AM
How about the pizza at the Tree Bar @ Ricks in KW... now that is some on time stuff right there!!

Here are some pics of me slamming down some pie in New Orleans- went from "grubbing down talking with my mouth full" to, "that was good sh1t, let's get some more" to "me not feeling so good"?

Buoy
01-24-2010, 11:56 AM
good to know because i was beginning to wonder, seemed most places i went had never heard of it. :cool:

Seen Chicago style pizza mentioned on the thread here. I went there for new years once and at about four in the morning ordered a large for my self and the GF. Took 45 minutes but worth the wait and there was no way we could even put a dent in that thing. It musta been two inches thick, best i could do was about two and a half pieces, it was huge. :drool5:

theres a place in town here called Inkys that does a great thin style and it is my all time favorite pizza joint. Funny thing is i have been going there for probably twenty five years and all i ever get is extra cheese and pepperoni. Years ago i tried one with everything and it just wasnt that good but the plain cheese and pepperoni is the best anywhere. Other funny thing is there fantastic cold the next day. Whenever we eat there i always get a small to go for the next morning, best breakfast pizza in the world :D.

Damn!! I almost forgot about Inky's:)

tommymonza
01-24-2010, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=jayboat;422736]Dayum... I just came in here to say I love the original Uno's in Chi-town and there you guys go, harshing my pizza buzz.

I had Pizanos on Madison Ave in Chicago. I am a thin crust fan but this deep dish was awesome.

phragle
01-24-2010, 01:04 PM
[quote=jayboat;422736]

Thats just entirely too much information there suasage boy...........................

Scarab KV
01-24-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm still partial to Lori's homemade pizza. She works for Grande (most expensive Italian cheese money can buy) Buys thin crusts by the case at Lone Elm, sauce in the large whole sale cans, Grande cheese, fresh cut Pepperoni, Italian sausage from the deli, and onions, mushrooms, peppers, etc. We'll make up 2-3 dozen at a crack and freeze them.
I'm pretty spoiled when it comes to pizza at home.:drool5:

TCEd
01-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Ever see a dog that didn't like pizza ?

DollaBill
01-24-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm still partial to Lori's homemade pizza. She works for Grande (most expensive Italian cheese money can buy) Buys thin crusts by the case at Lone Elm, sauce in the large whole sale cans, Grande cheese, fresh cut Pepperoni, Italian sausage from the deli, and onions, mushrooms, peppers, etc. We'll make up 2-3 dozen at a crack and freeze them.

Sounds good but you've never tried mine. I make the dough from scratch. My ex's grandmother who still spoke only italian when she died at 103 taught me how to make pizza. I've threatened to open a pizzeria for years because it would blow everything else away.

tommymonza
01-24-2010, 03:14 PM

What brand are the crusts. I love making homemade pizza in fact doing one right now but our Publix changed their dough recipe and now it is to much like bread.

DollaBill
01-24-2010, 03:20 PM
What brand are the crusts. I love making homemade pizza in fact doing one right now but our Publix changed their dough recipe and now it is to much like bread.

make the dough. It's not that hard. Or if you're tight on time go to a good pizza place and ask to buy a couple doughs. They will usually sell them to you for about 3.00 ea

Jassman
01-24-2010, 03:24 PM
here is our loaded 8.5 pounder.. Hand tossed garlic parm. infused crust....making 3 thin crust for the game..

pork/beef/venisen saugage, shrooms and sweet red onion with buffalo mottz.

pesto sauce (green) rosemary chicken, fennel seed homemade sausage, green olives, and feta/buff/white cheddar cheese

alfredo sauce (white) duck that my son just came back with from hunting, orange, and yellow peppers, mild chilis, and my standard 5 cheese blend...

Scarab KV
01-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Sounds good but you've never tried mine. I make the dough from scratch. My ex's grandmother who still spoke only italian when she died at 103 taught me how to make pizza. I've threatened to open a pizzeria for years because it would blow everything else away.

Yum...what time should I come over Bill? :D

You'l want Grande for that Pizzaria. I haul it to all the Italian distributors out east. The true Italian shops and restaurants swear by it.

tommymonza
01-24-2010, 03:34 PM
There is a guy in Bonita Bay here that has a blg shack and we go over to his house every year for a pizza party he throws for a meet the priest of the church deal. Any ways he has a Gazebo underneath his giant screen inclosure with a pizza prep area and wood oven. They crank out 200 pizzas usaually at the parties.And they are gooood.

tommymonza
01-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Yum...what time should I come over Bill? :D

You'l want Grande for that Pizzaria. I haul it to all the Italian distributors out east. The true Italian shops and restaurants swear by it.

We use Sorento mozzerala how does the Grande compare to it do you know.?

Scarab KV
01-24-2010, 03:38 PM

I think they're private labeled for Lone Elm. Will have to check when Lori get's back from the neighbor's.

tommymonza
01-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks,

Scarab KV
01-24-2010, 04:25 PM
We use Sorento mozzerala how does the Grande compare to it do you know.?

Grande is only sold wholesale through distributors so they can control the standard of quality. Most of the loaf and shread that I haul to distributors is 21 day age. They ship so the cheese hits the distributor at 14-21 days, so that it's at it's peak flavor when arriving to the customer. They also produce a lot of specialty cheeses like Salamini, Gigante, Fior di latte, Provolone, Provonello, aged Parm (stinky Chit) etc

They are about to put out a retail line under their Piacci line.

Scarab KV
01-24-2010, 04:26 PM
here is our loaded 8.5 pounder.. Hand tossed garlic parm. infused crust....making 3 thin crust for the game..

pesto sauce (green) rosemary chicken, fennel seed homemade sausage, green olives, and feta/buff/white cheddar cheese

alfredo sauce (white) duck that my son just came back with from hunting, orange, and yellow peppers, mild chilis, and my standard 5 cheese blend...

That's a tastey look'n pie:drool5:

MacGyver
01-24-2010, 04:28 PM

Papa Dolla???

or

Papa Bill :bump:

Buoy
01-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Ever see a dog that didn't like pizza ?

Pizza bones = crust:)

Scarab KV
01-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Papa Dolla???

or

Papa Bill :bump:

...in big neon.

jayboat
01-24-2010, 04:46 PM

That looks damn good.
Thanks, biotch. Now I am REALLY hungry. :smash:

Buoy
01-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Jass, that's a good lookin' pie.
Too bad the wife just got done putting together rigatoni for dinner tonite, I would have changed the menu. I know home made pizza is on the list for sometime this week.

Jassman
01-24-2010, 05:25 PM
That looks damn good.
Thanks, biotch. Now I am REALLY hungry. :smash:

c,mon on by,....pizza served at half time..:cheers2:

jayboat
01-24-2010, 06:16 PM
c,mon on by,....pizza served at half time..:cheers2:

fax me a couple slices and a cold one! :sifone:

catastrophe
01-24-2010, 09:45 PM
You Aholes that post pics in January wearing shorts pizz me off:):):)

glassdave
01-24-2010, 09:58 PM
In some odd way, after I posted this last night, I didn't expect any response.
I woke up this morning and it was on page 2.
Last night I had Jimmy & Joe's. Best pie I've found in AZ so far.
The best I had back in Kentucky was Nicky's in Hebron.
Toledo - I'm still going with Marco's, but the best is from the original location in Rossford. It was cool that they would deliver right to your boat dock.

lol having grown up in that town i remember it well and its still there, right across from the high school. When we were in our teens we'd call in a pickup order under a ficticous name then hang out down there just after the pickup time. We always knew whoever was working there being a fairly small town then we'd simply ask "hey ya got any orders that didnt get picked up?" . . . . bingo . . . . free pizza :D

They still deliver to the docks, i kept my Scorpion there for a while and my parents keep thier boat there.

Buoy
01-24-2010, 10:11 PM
lol having grown up in that town i remember it well and its still there, right across from the high school. When we were in our teens we'd call in a pickup order under a ficticous name then hang out down there just after the pickup time. We always knew whoever was working there being a fairly small town then we'd simply ask "hey ya got any orders that didnt get picked up?" . . . . bingo . . . . free pizza :D

They still deliver to the docks, i kept my Scorpion there for a while and my parents keep thier boat there.

Yeah, now that you and I have met a few times, and after being out on the Scorp with you, I think I've put the pieces together, and I remember the Scorp being on the EastWall of the Marina. I also realize the first time we met (in passing) was when you were in Cinci getting ready to run one of Chris' BatBoats on the Ohio ~2005

Marco's is a great pie, and the cheesy bread there was the ultimate cold breakfast for the hangover.
Do you remember when Mr. G's pizza opened across from the HS?
When I was a Senior, I went there for the pizza sub lunch at least three times a week. $3 for a pizza sub and a drink. I always got a Dr. Pepper. To this day, I can't drink a Dr. Pepper without having a craving for a pizza sub.
Mr. G used to dock his boat next to my parents. A red/orangeish 255 Wellcraft Cruiser. About an 85/86.

Jassman
01-25-2010, 09:48 AM
You Aholes that post pics in January wearing shorts pizz me off:):):)

That's Mr. A-Hole to you...:cheers2:

jhenrie
01-25-2010, 11:14 AM
My Fav has to be a thin crust pie with lobster and tabasco. Too good to be true !!!

Big Time
01-25-2010, 11:43 AM
I had buffalo chicken pizza for the game yesterday. No sauce, but had the mozz chees, with blue cheese chunks and of course the Buffalo chicken (big chunks). It was very tasty and I have some left over for dinner tonight!

DollaBill
01-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Yes, Grande is the best cheese if you can get it. Funny thing is I hate to cook anything else but Pizza. Wierd I know.

Tommy I got your msg. I'll reply with that info later

glassdave
01-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Yeah, now that you and I have met a few times, and after being out on the Scorp with you, I think I've put the pieces together, and I remember the Scorp being on the EastWall of the Marina. I also realize the first time we met (in passing) was when you were in Cinci getting ready to run one of Chris' BatBoats on the Ohio ~2005

Marco's is a great pie, and the cheesy bread there was the ultimate cold breakfast for the hangover.
Do you remember when Mr. G's pizza opened across from the HS?
When I was a Senior, I went there for the pizza sub lunch at least three times a week. $3 for a pizza sub and a drink. I always got a Dr. Pepper. To this day, I can't drink a Dr. Pepper without having a craving for a pizza sub.
Mr. G used to dock his boat next to my parents. A red/orangeish 255 Wellcraft Cruiser. About an 85/86.

yep that was mine on the east wall. Not a bad marina but just to big of a haul to get to the lake. The only thing up that way was the Lighthouse across the river but that was the mac daddy of armature boaters. I rarely ever went there. Yea i remember the Cinnci race that one was fun.

Mr.G's was pretty good as well as Royal, they were one of the first to do crust toppers. They had the best ground beef and onion with garlic butter crust (my own concoction). I dont remember the owner of the place though i may not have been in the marina at that time. I dont think that one is still around. JoJo's i think took over that place, the owner is a real good community oriented guy, you might know him he also owns Moes bar (Harpo).

I hate to say it because i know it has very little in common with actual pizza but when i'm out at the lake house just screwing off for a weekend in the winter i like those pizza rolls from Totinos :D (disclaimer- yes i know they are in no way a substitute for actual real pizza but their easy to make when i've had a drink or two and the alcohol kills my taste buds :D)

jet
01-25-2010, 02:40 PM
THE VILAGE PIZZA in Temprance Mi ,put what ever you want on it its the best bar nune....Real dough real oven (blogette or bakers prid)not that conveyer belt junk

DollaBill
01-25-2010, 02:49 PM
THE VILAGE PIZZA in Temprance Mi ,put what ever you want on it its the best bar nune....Real douh real oven (blogette or bakers prid)not that conveyer belt junk

Since when is a bakers pride a "real" oven?? LOL. Bricks at about 1200 deg with wood burning under it is a real oven ;)

fund razor
01-25-2010, 04:03 PM
You know, i have to agree. The pizza at Frostys is ok at best but hey its on an island and you can only get it by boat so that bumps it up a bit. Plus i dont think i have ever had one sober so whos to say really :D

Don't eat Frostys sober.
Somehow... without alcohol it changes into a salty cardboard with stale toppings.

rchevelle71
01-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Grinder is like a sub, but the bread is flatter/thicker, and not as doughy.
http://www.garzellis.com/pages/grinders.aspx

And screw you:), I'll take pineapple on just about anything.
It's kind of like bacon, you can add it to anything and it makes it better.:sifone:

First of all its a hoagie:sifone:

Pineapple does NOT make Spam taste better, ask my EX wife!!!!

DollaBill
01-25-2010, 04:15 PM
First of all its a hoagie:sifone:

Pineapple does NOT make Spam taste better, ask my EX wife!!!!

First of all, it's a sub

rchevelle71
01-25-2010, 04:20 PM
First of all, it's a sub

I know, I grew up in the Northeast too, just like messin' with people about that:bump::bump: Down here in South FL, I dont know what the heck to call it, people from all over here.

rchevelle71
01-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Here is what I grew up on,

http://augiesno1pizza.com

Went to high School with Augie, but before he opened this place his father had a Pizza shop growing up. Margarita Pizza is nice, and he makes a deep fried calzone, that is incredible. For toppings, I like the classic, Pepperoni, Green peppers, and Onions. I did have an Eggplant and fresh garlic pie once, was excellent, but different.

Bobcat
01-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Tombstone B I T C H E S

jet
01-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Since when is a bakers pride a "real" oven?? LOL. Bricks at about 1200 deg with wood burning under it is a real oven ;)
Your right,BUTT for practical production quality pie they are way better than conveyors.

DollaBill
01-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Your right,BUTT for practical production quality pie they are way better than conveyors.

I know. Conveyors suck.

Buoy
01-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Don't eat Frostys sober.
Somehow... without alcohol it changes into a salty cardboard with stale toppings.

:iagree::iagree:

Another good pizza from the SE MI area was Tiffany's, they started addeing more locations before I moved away from the area, and I was worried the quality would start going down.

tommymonza
01-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Clover Bar in Grand Haven the original square cut thin crust I grew up on.

Perlmudder
01-25-2010, 09:51 PM
mr pizza or leonardis in buffalo are my two favorite!

fund razor
01-25-2010, 10:16 PM

Another good pizza from the SE MI area was Tiffany's, they started addeing more locations before I moved away from the area, and I was worried the quality would start going down.

Two blocks from my office. Yummmmm. :)

BY U BOY
01-25-2010, 10:40 PM
Boondoggles on clearlake TX has a good pie cooked in a REAL brick oven. We eat there when on the boat.

http://www.boondogglespub.com/

I always get the jambalya pizza-Crawfish, shrimp, andouille sausage, romano, provolone cheese and a creole sauce.

mmmm, i think I may have to drive down there this weekend:driving:

phragle
01-25-2010, 11:27 PM

Tiffany's... you mean Saddam's pizza emporium?? anybody that has ever seen the box knows what Im talking about....

http://www.tiffanyspizza.com/images/tony_ani.gif

Buoy
01-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Tiffany's... you mean Saddam's pizza emporium?? anybody that has ever seen the box knows what Im talking about....

http://www.tiffanyspizza.com/images/tony_ani.gif

Yep, That's the one.

When I was living in the Jackman/Sylvania area (down the street from Fund) they had just opened a Tiffany's up in Petersburg, off Stein, or Sterns, or one of those roads (it's been a long time).
I used to order a pizza and cheese bread, grab 2 beers, and then get my old dog Riley in the truck. We'd ride home with the pizza and bread on the dash of the truck (they didn't deliver that far), and go through half the bread (I always shared with him) before we made it back home.
Good memories for me.

Scarab KV
01-26-2010, 01:15 AM
Yes, Grande is the best cheese if you can get it. Funny thing is I hate to cook anything else but Pizza. Wierd I know.

Tommy I got your msg. I'll reply with that info later

Are you out east Bill?

insanity
01-26-2010, 02:36 AM

Never heard of it, must be too far north for me :D. Have to check it out next time I'm up in that area.

Buoy
01-26-2010, 02:58 AM
Never heard of it, must be too far north for me :D. Have to check it out next time I'm up in that area.

They originally started around Monroe area, and started opening a few more a bit South. It's more of a "commercial" type pizza than a "specialty" type pizza (if ya know what I mean), but it is really good ZA!! At least it was when I lived there 8 yrs ago.

Buoy
01-26-2010, 03:03 AM
Help me out here Toledo guys.
What is the name of the Pizza place that was just over the line in MI, I think it was on Jackman, small plaza on the east side of the road, right around Sterns, may have been off Temperance Rd. made a killer pizza grinder.
They used a spice in the sauce that I must be just a bit allergic to, and anytime I would eat it, I'd bead sweat under my eyes. Tasted so damn good, and the minor sweat was just little beads. To this day, If I have something that has a sauce that makes me sweat under my eyes, I know I have good stuff.:)

DollaBill
01-26-2010, 01:06 PM
are you out east bill?

nj

rainmn
01-26-2010, 02:08 PM
I grew up in a town in NJ (Linden) that had a pizza place on damn near ever corner, and pretty much all of them were good.

Oddly enough, my favorite pizza place is in Vermont, where I would have assumed most pizza would be bad.

Outback Pizza on the Killington access road...my favorite by far. Wood fired brick oven pizza. Of course the atmosphere has a lot to do with it, but the pizza is excellent.

DollaBill
01-26-2010, 02:30 PM
I grew up in a town in NJ (Linden) that had a pizza place on damn near ever corner, and pretty much all of them were good.

Oddly enough, my favorite pizza place is in Vermont, where I would have assumed most pizza would be bad.

Outback Pizza on the Killington access road...my favorite by far. Wood fired brick oven pizza. Of course the atmosphere has a lot to do with it, but the pizza is excellent.

Do you remember Tucky's Pizza? My dads good friend Lou owned that.

rainmn
01-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Do you remember Tucky's Pizza? My dads good friend Lou owned that.

Wasn't that the one on the corner of 1&9 and Wood Ave. with the crazy mirrored sign?

DollaBill
01-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Wasn't that the one on the corner of 1&9 and Wood Ave. with the crazy mirrored sign?

Bingo.

Sea-Dated
01-26-2010, 03:13 PM
That't the only thing I miss about living in Jersey. The pizza. Mmmmm

Scarab KV
01-26-2010, 08:33 PM
nj

Where abouts? I run NYC and NJ every week. In Trenton right now.

DollaBill
01-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Live in Clark, about 15 miles from NYC. My office is in Hillsborough. You prob pass by all the time. Maybe some of that cheese could "fall off a truck" NJ style:sifone:

DollaBill
01-26-2010, 08:45 PM
That't the only thing I miss about living in Jersey. The pizza. Mmmmm

And the tranny's

Scarab KV
01-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Live in Clark, about 15 miles from NYC. My office is in Hillsborough. You prob pass by all the time. Maybe some of that cheese could "fall off a truck" NJ style:sifone:

Yup. Load flavorings out of Clark and have a terminal on Mill Rd in Edison. Go to Ferraro and Roma on a regular basis.

Don't hold your breath for any boxes falling off the truck. These people don't play nice when things disappear:sifone:

glassdave
01-27-2010, 12:25 AM
Help me out here Toledo guys.
What is the name of the Pizza place that was just over the line in MI, I think it was on Jackman, small plaza on the east side of the road, right around Sterns, may have been off Temperance Rd. made a killer pizza grinder.
They used a spice in the sauce that I must be just a bit allergic to, and anytime I would eat it, I'd bead sweat under my eyes. Tasted so damn good, and the minor sweat was just little beads. To this day, If I have something that has a sauce that makes me sweat under my eyes, I know I have good stuff.:)

The Village Inn was up that way. Another one of the areas best

glassdave
01-27-2010, 12:30 AM

Love that place, good call almost forgot about that one. :cool:

Buoy
01-27-2010, 12:47 AM
For Chicago style, there is a place in Detroit called Pappillo's (sp?).
Made a run up to Detroit on the water once just to have a pizza there.
Tied up in a transient dock, took the people mover over to Greektown, had a pie and a pitcher of beer, and went back to the boat and ran back home.
It was an expensive poizza at the end of the day:):cheers2:

phragle
01-27-2010, 12:48 AM
Buoy.. thats pizza popalis (sic) now open in toledo....

Buoy
01-27-2010, 12:51 AM
Buoy.. thats pizza popalis (sic) now open in toledo....

:rolleyes: That would have been a lot cheaper...:cheers2:

Sea-Dated
01-27-2010, 12:26 PM
And the tranny's

Nah, I don't miss Stecz..... :sifone:

dd24skater
01-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Don't eat Frostys sober.

I didn't know they sold it to sober people?

Dd

phragle
01-28-2010, 10:24 AM
And the chicken place next to the Roundie.. sober you realize your eating overcooked seagull.

DollaBill
01-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Yup. Load flavorings out of Clark and have a terminal on Mill Rd in Edison. Go to Ferraro and Roma on a regular basis.

Don't hold your breath for any boxes falling off the truck. These people don't play nice when things disappear:sifone:

Thats why I live here ;)

Shoot me a txt next time your around. If I'm free we'll grab a beer

fund razor
01-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Right now I am eating a Caper's mediterranian pizza with feta, pepperoni, green pepper, capers and black olives. Yumm.

Needed to order something so I could pick it up with my truck. :D

Jassman
01-31-2010, 12:57 PM
Right now I am eating a Caper's mediterranian pizza with feta, pepperoni, green pepper, capers and black olives. Yumm.

Needed to order something so I could pick it up with my truck. :D

come on by:sifone:..today we are making..all thin crispy crust

The Mediterranean:
grilled chicken breastsss, whole milk mozzarella, roma tomatoes, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, diced red onions, pepperonicini peppers, olive oil and feta cheese

Not to Spicy Shrimp:
broiled shrimp, roasted red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, roma tomatoes, chili oil, fresh cilantro, whole milk mozzarella, parmesan cheese and crushed red chilis

Home-made BBQ Chicken:
Whole milk mozzarella cheese, diced red onion, roma tomatoes, fresh cilantro sweet and tangy BBQ sauce topped off with a light layer of white cheddar and muenster cheese...

Chipolte Pesto :
Home-made Pesto, roasted seasoned yukon gold potatoes, fresh duck, shrooms, sweet red onion, whole milk mozzarella, and drizzeled Chipolte sauce over the top...this is one of my favorites..this pizza really kicks azz.

Later Jeff

.38Special
01-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Jeff, All that just to watch the Pro Bowl? Would love to see your spread for the Super Bowl! Got your menu figured out yet?