PDA

View Full Version : Stock 26p, or labbed 28's?

MILD THUNDER
01-17-2010, 11:33 PM
This spring i plan to change out my props. Currently I been running labbed/modified 5 blade maximus. They work great, but hard on drives with my setup. With them, I can spin them to about 5000-5100 and 69-70mph on GPS at any time. Tried some 27P mirage plus 3 blades, they sucked. Planing was almost impossible, cruise was awful, and top end only about 65-66mph at 5100rpm.

I guess where i'm at is looking into 26 or 28 bravos. I'd liketo spin the motors somewhere around 5300-5400 max.

How much rpm could be sqeezed out of stock bravo props?? Im guessing a stock 28 should put me around 5000-5200.

bbladesprops
01-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Hello,

You forgot to tell us what pitch the Maximus props are. Also, where were they Labbed and at what diameter? I ask this because different recipes create different results. With this information I should be able to get you into the correct casting.

Brett

MILD THUNDER
01-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Sorry brett, they are 26p maximus. Not sure what was done to them, but they are pretty thinned out. I believe you worked them over for the previous owner back in 07. Like, I said they work great, just a lot of prop on a TRS with 600HP and a heavy boat. I'm actually shocked how awful the mirage plus props worked. How the heck could this thing coulda ran with the old cleavers in 1983!

MrCig
01-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Joe, I wouldn't mind trying your Maximus props in this summer. They have the removal hibs so I can use my XR hubs?

Mark

bbladesprops
01-18-2010, 05:14 PM
When comparing the Maximus propellers to the Bravo 1 props, we have to compare them in their same state. Another words, each stock or each Labbed. Then there is the level at which the Labbing has been done.

A general rule of thumb is a stock Maximus propeller will turn 500 rpm lower than the equal pitch stock Bravo 1. Therefore, going to a Labbed 28 Bravo1 from a Labbed 26 Maximus should give you a 100-200 rpm gain. I know this sounds kind of goofy but the pitches and the blade areas are quite different.

MILD THUNDER
01-18-2010, 09:10 PM
When comparing the Maximus propellers to the Bravo 1 props, we have to compare them in their same state. Another words, each stock or each Labbed. Then there is the level at which the Labbing has been done.

A general rule of thumb is a stock Maximus propeller will turn 500 rpm lower than the equal pitch stock Bravo 1. Therefore, going to a Labbed 28 Bravo1 from a Labbed 26 Maximus should give you a 100-200 rpm gain. I know this sounds kind of goofy but the pitches and the blade areas are quite different.

I see what you are saying brett. This might just be the ticket goin to labbed 28's. I'd like 200RPM more. Not sure where i stand with my 27p mirage plus readings in relation to a bravo 28.....But seems as if labbed 26's would put me too high on the tach, so maybe labbed 28's might get me where i'd like to be, around 5300 or so...

MILD THUNDER
01-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Joe, I wouldn't mind trying your Maximus props in this summer. They have the removal hibs so I can use my XR hubs?

Mark

Mark, the hubs are removable, so yea, you can use your XR hubs in them. You are welcome to try them anytime. As long as i get at least one ride in the flatdeck this summer! lol You run P5's or something now right?? My props spin in on my boat, and whats nice with the maximus is you dont have to trim to the moon to get bow lift.....:driving:

bbladesprops
01-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Have us send you a set of stock 28 B1's to test. Your results and response will give us a direct route on a Labbing recipe to suit your needs.

B

Griff
01-20-2010, 01:39 AM
If BBlades reworked them, they should have his "BB ####" stamp on the hub. At least mine do.