PDA

View Full Version : Ax-Men on History Channel

insanity
01-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Anybody watch it? I got roped into last season recap/marathon yesterday.

There is the joker that was an Aqua-logger, all he did was scream and yell in every episode. Season finale he tagged a dead-head in his POS wooden "barge", started taking on a little water and you would have thought it was the Titanic going down.

They finally stopped at a private ramp, asked to use it and the people said no problem. They get the barge on the trailer, up the ramp and the focker comes off the ball (POS Toyota 4runner tow vehicle btw) and goes all the way back into the water with guys on it! Of course no tongue jack so they scrape the trailer all the way up the ramp, jack it up and put it back on the ball (Nice Dodge Ram this time). The owners of the ramp were like 'Who the phuck is this jagoff hillbilly tearing up our ramp!?'. I'm sure History footed the bill on that one, but it was freaking hilarious.

THEJOKER
01-11-2010, 06:03 PM
The DNR busted them for stealing the logs!

insanity
01-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I just saw a similar story when I was google-ing, trying to find a video of it. That 'crew' was unlike anything I have ever seen before.

MarylandMark
01-11-2010, 06:59 PM
S&S Aqua Logging Defense Fund

http://www.ssaqualogging.com/

glassdave
01-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I saw one of those episodes the other day at a friends. Those shows are so "set up" anymore its laughable, not that reality TV ever had any kind of merit to begin with. That guy was kinda funny though barking orders from the helm of that POS barge and i did like the twangy hillbilly music they played in the background for affect :D.

I was always curious what kind of financial gain/compensation they get for those shows.

ZBODaytona
01-12-2010, 05:35 PM
The first ax men was decent, then next year it was like repeat with scripts. Then they spawned a different set of logging shows. The only two I liked were swamp loggers and heli loggers. They were their own show and not part of ax men, i see they are coming back, not sure if i will watch them this year though.

tommymonza
01-12-2010, 05:51 PM
I used to like watching these type of shows but all the fake drama is to hard to take anymore. History channel has lost a lot of credibility with me puttin out this crap.

insanity
01-13-2010, 01:35 AM
The first ax men was decent, then next year it was like repeat with scripts. Then they spawned a different set of logging shows. The only two I liked were swamp loggers and heli loggers. They were their own show and not part of ax men, i see they are coming back, not sure if i will watch them this year though.

Those guys flying that chopper are pretty awesome, with the exception of the one dude that got motion sickness and about killed everybody until they finally fired him:rolleyes:.

fund razor
01-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Watching the trailer tongue spark back up the ramp as they towed the trailer and the barge back up was priceless.

Meanwhile the guy sees himself as the next skipper of a decrepit 100 foot WW2 mine retriever.

insanity
01-13-2010, 10:23 AM
That was great! :D I don't think that part was scripted, there were a lot of people both on and off the 'barge' that were chitting themselves when that pos rolled back down the ramp.

ZBODaytona
01-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Those guys flying that chopper are pretty awesome, with the exception of the one dude that got motion sickness and about killed everybody until they finally fired him:rolleyes:.

Yes they were, but i think there were two shows. one was on it's own and showed only a Canadian company with a big Shannok (sp) helicopter, that had a female pilot most of the time... the other was a sublet of ax-men that used a Huey. I think.

fund razor
01-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Yes they were, but i think there were two shows. one was on it's own and showed only a Canadian company with a big Shannok (sp) helicopter, that had a female pilot most of the time... the other was a sublet of ax-men that used a Huey. I think.

Yeah. The UH-1 Super B is Conner Aviation.

03darkshadow
01-24-2010, 09:51 PM
these guys in a swamp or something have an aluminum jet boat with a $5k 460hp v8 that they overheated by trying to drag a 10k lb log through the shallow river.

MarylandMark
03-02-2010, 09:07 PM
:(

'Ax Men' star's daughter mauled to death by dog
March 1, 2010, 4:27 PM EST
ASTORIA, Ore. (AP) -- Oregon authorities say the 4-year-old daughter of a reality TV show star was mauled to death by the family's Rottweiler.

Clatsop County Sheriff Tom Bergin says Ashlynn Anderson's mother found her badly injured on their lawn in Astoria on Sunday. Ashlynn is the daughter of Jesse Browning, who stars with his father on The History Channel's show about the logging industry called "Ax Men."

She was flown to a Portland hospital and pronounced dead on arrival.

The attack happened four years to the day after officers had taken a Rottweiler from the same home after it bit an adult family member. The two Rottweilers at the Browning home have been quarantined. (http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=485521&GT1=28103)

THEJOKER
03-02-2010, 09:14 PM
:(

'Ax Men' star's daughter mauled to death by dog
March 1, 2010, 4:27 PM EST
ASTORIA, Ore. (AP) -- Oregon authorities say the 4-year-old daughter of a reality TV show star was mauled to death by the family's Rottweiler.

Clatsop County Sheriff Tom Bergin says Ashlynn Anderson's mother found her badly injured on their lawn in Astoria on Sunday. Ashlynn is the daughter of Jesse Browning, who stars with his father on The History Channel's show about the logging industry called "Ax Men."

She was flown to a Portland hospital and pronounced dead on arrival.

The attack happened four years to the day after officers had taken a Rottweiler from the same home after it bit an adult family member. The two Rottweilers at the Browning home have been quarantined. (http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=485521&GT1=28103)

Those are one of the logging companies up on the mountain. Why would they have dogs like that around toddlers?

insanity
03-03-2010, 02:26 AM
They moved that guy from out on the hill to the office this year. From what I recall watching him last year, he seemed like a hot-headed moron. Sad to hear about the little girl :(

LaughingCat
03-03-2010, 02:07 PM
The Aqua logger is great. Yelling at teh crew is hysterical because most of the problems come from his complete incompetence. None of the m are smart enough the overcome it.

Missed teh boat ramp scene. Probably not unlike a scene from Jacka$$ only, on Jacka$$, they intend to embarrass and humiliate.

rschap1
03-04-2010, 08:53 AM
It is entertaining!