PDA

View Full Version : Hot chick killed in Miami.....burned in dumpster

JupiterSunsation
01-07-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm no detective but I strongly suspect the "laborer" boyfriend might have been suffering from the "Paul Snider" jealousy (Dorothy Stratten story, Star 80 movie).

Paula Sladewski and her boyfriend flew into South Florida to spend New Year's Eve at a Lady Gaga concert at Miami Beach's posh Fontainebleau.

But the holiday trip would end in a horrific tragedy.

On Sunday night, police found a body burned beyond recognition in a Dumpster in North Miami. The body, later identified through dental records, was that of the 26-year-old Sladewski.

``We were praying that it wasn't her,'' said her stepfather Richard Watkins, of Garden City, Mich. ``It's been real hard. I didn't know this many tears could fall.''

North Miami police said Sladewski was last seen Sunday about 7 a.m. at Miami's Club Space.

She was with her boyfriend, Kevin Klym, 34. The two got into a fight at the club, according to a missing person's report he filed. Klym told authorities he wanted to leave because she was ``too drunk.'' She yelled at him and bouncers threw him out of the club.

He took a taxi to their Miami Beach hotel, and told police it was the last time he had seen her.

Klym called hospitals and police stations, but couldn't find his girlfriend. He told police that she was last seen wearing a short blue dress and black six-inch heels.

That same Sunday, a few hours before the missing person's report was made, a man spotted a fire from a Dumpster in the 1400 block of Northeast 130th Street in North Miami. The body was ``burned beyond recognition,'' said Lt. Neal Cuevas, a North Miami police spokesman. Nothing else was found in the trash bin.

It wasn't until late Tuesday that authorities, using dental records, were able to positively identify Sladewski. Police do not know how she was killed, but believe she was dead before being set on fire in the Dumpster.

Police are hoping to find surveillance to track her movements at the Miami club.

Klym, said Cuevas, has cooperated with investigators. ``He's considered a person of interest as would anyone who last saw her alive,'' he said.

Marc Beginin, Klym's attorney, said his client has spoken with police several times and was not involved in her death.

``He's fully cooperating in the investigation,'' Beginin said. ``He's done everything he can do to help locate her prior to the discovery of the death.''

After she went missing, Klym contacted police and private investigators, and printed fliers with her photo, even canvassing the area, Beginin said.

``He's devastated and traumatized,'' the attorney said. ``He has no involvement whatsoever.''

Sladewski's family learned she was missing on Monday when Klym called them.

In a telephone interview, Watkins, her stepfather, said Klym told them the pair had been ``out together dancing and they got in a fight at a bar. He left her there.''

The couple often fought and had a ``very volatile relationship,'' Watkins said.

Court records in San Bernardino County, Calif., show that domestic violence charges were filed against her last June.

The couple, who had been together for two years, split their time between Michigan and Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.

Sladewski had pursued a career in modeling, her family said.

``She went on a lot of interviews, but never landed anything big,'' Watkins said. ``She would have loved that, modeling, that was her dream.''

IMDB.com, the Internet Movie Database, lists Sladewski appearing in a 2003 video, Playboy: The Ultimate Playmate Search.

The missing person's report listed her occupation as a stripper. Klym works as a laborer.

She doted on her two Yorkies -- Taz and Bella. She also loved to collect Barbie dolls. For Christmas, her family gave her dolls to add to the collection of more than 100.

On Wednesday, Sladewski's sister, Kelly Farris, 41, flew to Miami to speak with investigators.

At a news conference at North Miami Police headquarters, she said her sister was ``full of life'' and ``beautiful.'' She pleaded for the public's help.

``We can't give her an open casket. We can't see her again,'' she said.

clayinaustin
01-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Sounds like the boyfriend is innocent. It is much easier to breakup with a crazy b!tch than to burn her in a dumpster.

My guess is that, in her drunken stupor, she stumbled onto something she shouldn't have and was killed. Miami can be a very dangerous place. :eek:

MarylandMark
01-07-2010, 11:07 AM

OldSchool
01-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Looks like someone punched her in her lips before that pic was taken!

I can't imagine a worse way to die than to be burned....but she was most likely dead before the fire. What a shame.:(

Uncle Dave
01-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Hmm.

If the boyfriend left her to go to the hotel then his room key will leave a digital stamp on the door lock as to when he got into the room.

Lets see how much time went by between the last CC charge at the bar and when that room key opened the door, and the missing persons report.

UD

drpete3
01-07-2010, 11:30 AM
She was from MI

Ms PatriYacht
01-07-2010, 03:34 PM
it's on the news a lot here, it's a shame that a young girl would lose her life like that. If it is true, that's some boyfriend that leaves a drunk girlfriend to fend for herself, especially out of town, in a bar, wearing a short skirt and 6" heels. Who knows what kind of person could have picked her up. However maybe the boyfriend had enough of these type of scenes, the article said they had a volitile relationship and that SHE had been charged with domestic abuse in 08 and that he got kicked out of the bar. You have to wonder if the bar bears any responsibility, think about it, is it a good idea to kick out the only companion of a drunk female, how would they expect her get home. They don't mention if the bar backed up the story about the bf being kicked out. A 26 year old girl is dead, and I can't help but feel that better behavior could have changed the outcome, may she rest in peace.

clayinaustin
01-07-2010, 03:44 PM
However maybe the boyfriend had enough of these type of scenes...

That's what I was thinking. I hate to see an "innocent" get killed, but maybe he was done putting up with her BS. Plus, he got thrown out of the bar, and she didn't. It's tough to keep an eye on your woman when she won't leave the bar when you get thrown out.

a sad sad story. :(

Ms PatriYacht
01-07-2010, 03:48 PM
to bad Cashbar was not there to come to her rescue, I know he likes the hot chicks in Miami club scene:D

DollaBill
01-07-2010, 04:00 PM
it's on the news a lot here, it's a shame that a young girl would lose her life like that. If it is true, that's some boyfriend that leaves a drunk girlfriend to fend for herself, especially out of town, in a bar, wearing a short skirt and 6" heels. Who knows what kind of person could have picked her up. However maybe the boyfriend had enough of these type of scenes, the article said they had a volitile relationship and that SHE had been charged with domestic abuse in 08 and that he got kicked out of the bar. You have to wonder if the bar bears any responsibility, think about it, is it a good idea to kick out the only companion of a drunk female, how would they expect her get home. They don't mention if the bar backed up the story about the bf being kicked out. A 26 year old girl is dead, and I can't help but feel that better behavior could have changed the outcome, may she rest in peace.

Stop thinking middle America Donna. This is Miami. She's a club girl. When chicks are nuts like that the best thing he could do is leave her there. As for the bars, if they held the clubs responsible for what goes down in Miami they would all close their doors today.

JupiterSunsation
01-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Stop thinking middle America Donna. This is Miami. She's a club girl. When chicks are nuts like that the best thing he could do is leave her there. As for the bars, if they held the clubs responsible for what goes down in Miami they would all close their doors today.

Club girls can't be fixed....... :(

DollaBill
01-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Club girls can't be fixed....... :(

I never said I wanted them fixed:sifone: I've just learned to walk away and not get caught up in their drama anymore.

phragle
01-07-2010, 07:59 PM
the lawyers are gonna love this one... guy says his chick is too drunk and needs to leave the bar, so the bar throws him out...

JupiterSunsation
01-07-2010, 08:13 PM
the lawyers are gonna love this one... guy says his chick is too drunk and needs to leave the bar, so the bar throws him out...

no chance.....bar attorneys will claim they were saving her from a domestic violence situation by throwing him out.

I still suspect he was in on the bonfire situation.....fire shows a lot of hate, very public. Some guy trying to take advantage of a drunk girl may rape her, beat her up a little but bonfire is extreme. I would think the cops are publically giving the guy a pass as they build their case against him.

Either way it is a bad way to go and the family is going to struggle while dealing with this one....

rchevelle71
01-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Where is Horatio when you need him, CSI Miami would have it solved in less than 24 hours.

01-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Where is Horatio when you need him, CSI Miami would have it solved in less than 24 hours.

Your kidding right? What is he going to do? Walk in and strike that jackass pose where he pulls off his glasses and starts low-talking threats? Skinny pricht needs his azz kicked. :sifone:

ILMORdude
01-07-2010, 11:54 PM
She went to my high school for jr and sr years. She came to prom with a dude that looked about 30. Looked like she was 25 in high school though. $hitty way to go out.

Slandrew
01-08-2010, 12:23 AM
No matter what the case no one deserves to die like that!RIP:(

nortech4play
01-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Regardless of the actual circumstances this is a sad thing to have happened to anyone...RIP

Tom A.
01-08-2010, 12:29 AM

Actually 1 hour (51 minutes excluding commercials)

JupiterSunsation
01-08-2010, 12:42 AM

You know he would strike the pose and say to the boyfriend: Do you like to play with matches when you get mad? If I find out you are lying to me then I will burn you.......

MarylandMark
01-08-2010, 08:33 AM
As for him being tossed and not her, my 1st thought is why is it always assumed it is the guys fault? Obviously we all know the answer to that but still BS.

I still suspect he was in on the bonfire situation.....fire shows a lot of hate, very public. Some guy trying to take advantage of a drunk girl may rape her, beat her up a little but bonfire is extreme.

True but not so uncommon any more. Lot of crime scenes these days get set ablaze to destroy evidence. I see 2-4 cars a week burned out- would guess most of them were stolen or car jacked.

JupiterSunsation
01-08-2010, 10:31 AM
As for him being tossed and not her, my 1st thought is why is it always assumed it is the guys fault? Obviously we all know the answer to that but still BS.

True but not so uncommon any more. Lot of crime scenes these days get set ablaze to destroy evidence. I see 2-4 cars a week burned out- would guess most of them were stolen or car jacked.

I agree on the stolen cars out in the woods but a dumpster fire in South Beach is not exactly a common occurence (Little Havana, Overtown- Liberty City yes).

Pete B
01-08-2010, 11:11 AM
whoever did it, probably watches a lot of Tv, and figures the burning has less evidence,
than just dumping the body. Sad story.

phragle
01-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Well Gentle, She definitly pizzed somebody off...... (adjust glasses) Somebody with a very firey temper...

rchevelle71
01-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Your kidding right? What is he going to do? Walk in and strike that jackass pose where he pulls off his glasses and starts low-talking threats? Skinny pricht needs his azz kicked. :sifone:

Of course I was kidding:cheers2: I actually like the show, but it is kinda bull.

sledge
01-08-2010, 02:21 PM
South Beach

Actually it was North Miami - NE 14th Ave and 130th St - just a few blocks away from the old Hawk Power/TNT/etc warehouses...which is just a few more blocks away from Lipship/Keystone Pt/etc. While not a great neighborhood, not your typical burn area.

My guess - she opened her mouth about wanting to be a model. She was being hit on by some wanna be Bang Bus bros. Boyfriend was trying to keep her from doing something stupid. BF gets tossed and figures he's had enough. She ends up not wanting anything to do with what her new friends want her to do. She gets disposed of on their way home.

Bad guys live within a few miles of where the body was found.

phragle
01-08-2010, 03:43 PM
maybe, but my guess is she wrote a check that her body refused to cash...... and she got burned.

01-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Of course I was kidding:cheers2: I actually like the show, but it is kinda bull.

I am just pullin your chain :sifone: I like the scenery shots at the beginning and the rare boating shots when they have them.

JupiterSunsation
01-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Actually it was North Miami - NE 14th Ave and 130th St - just a few blocks away from the old Hawk Power/TNT/etc warehouses...which is just a few more blocks away from Lipship/Keystone Pt/etc.

Wedged between a few strip clubs too.....

THEJOKER
01-08-2010, 06:06 PM
I'd say let her rest in peace. Somewhere that's a daddy's little girl and has other family that is grieving.

ILMORdude
01-08-2010, 06:56 PM
I'd say let her rest in peace. Somewhere that's a daddy's little girl and has other family that is grieving.

Yup. Nobody deserves to be burned up. Hope they get the sorry sons of bi*ches that did it but they probly wont. Just sad.

Ms PatriYacht
01-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Ian said he saw a new clip last night that shows her leaving the bar with a Hispanic looking guy that was not her boyfriend, I don't know how to find the link, but perhaps that is or will help lead them to the killer

Wrinkleface
01-12-2010, 03:01 PM
very sad!:(

Rush
01-12-2010, 08:52 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/01/12/2010-01-12_tape_shows_playboy_model_leaving_miami_club_hours_before_shes_found_dead .html

Tommy Gun
01-13-2010, 12:38 AM
i'd say let her rest in peace. Somewhere that's a daddy's little girl and has other family that is grieving.

+1

01-13-2010, 01:30 AM
Heard on the radio on the way home tonight that the family still holds the boyfriend responsible even if he did not do it.

keeponplanewayne
01-13-2010, 09:53 AM
out of town hot girl dressed to impress (alone) + miami night life = disaster

Wrinkleface
01-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Heard on the radio on the way home tonight that the family still holds the boyfriend responsible even if he did not do it.

The blame game!!!:willy_nilly:

Chris
01-13-2010, 10:13 AM
I couldn't care less who the family wants to blame. They had to see what their daughter was up to and had plenty of chances of their own to help keep her safe.

Wrinkleface
01-13-2010, 10:22 AM
I couldn't care less who the family wants to blame. They had to see what their daughter was up to and had plenty of chances of their own to help keep her safe.

:iagree:, volatile relationship w/ boyfriend! Wild lifestyle, I suspect around alot of people w/ drugs & unsavory's!!!:(

ILMORdude
01-13-2010, 07:56 PM
She was looked like she was friggin 25 in high school and brought a 30 something dude to Prom. We were like WTF??? Still $hitty though

DollaBill
01-13-2010, 08:11 PM
out of town hot girl dressed to impress (alone) + miami night life = disaster

bingo

Cash Bar
01-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Nice avatar Dolla...

Scarab KV
01-14-2010, 02:59 AM

Usually an hour :D

DollaBill
01-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Nice avatar Dolla...

thought you'd like that. Now THAT was a fun PR

JupiterSunsation
01-14-2010, 09:00 PM
thought you'd like that. Now THAT was a fun PR

now if each girl had a gas can on her lap it would be perfect! :sifone:

Spicy
01-15-2010, 09:16 AM
now if each girl had a gas can on her lap it would be perfect! :sifone: