PDA

View Full Version : Whale Wars boat cut in half

searaycer
01-06-2010, 08:58 AM
I dont know how to post the link, but the new boat in the whale wars fleet had ten feet of the bow removed by a Japanese whaling vessel.

txriverrat2001
01-06-2010, 09:07 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,582115,00.html

t500hps
01-06-2010, 09:39 AM
A pursuit vessel was chased down and "cut in 1/2" by a lumbering ship......yeah, I believe that one.

Ted
01-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Fvcking morons. How'd that game of chicken go for ya? OTOH the Japanese "researchers" are also fvcking morons for still finding the need to kill whales. I mean seriously, what could you possibly get from a whale that you couldn't source somewhere else?

Audiofn
01-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Amazed it took this long..... One of these days one of those guys is going to get killed and when they do I hope they look at themselves as the reason.

mosi
01-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Sea Shepherd unveiled the Ady Gil last October saying a California millionaire with the same name had donated most of the money for it. At the time, the group said the boat would be used to intercept and physically block Japanese harpoon vessels.

NOT SMART:rolleyes:

Bobcat
01-06-2010, 09:49 AM
:sifone:

Bobcat
01-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Boats collide in anti-whaling clash in Antarctic Play Video AP – Boats collide in anti-whaling clash in Antarctic

* Whaling Controversy Slideshow:Whaling Controversy
* Space-age powerboat destroyed in Japan whaling clash Play Video Video:Space-age powerboat destroyed in Japan whaling clash AFP

In this photo made from a video released by the Institute of Cetacean Research AP – In this photo made from a video released by the Institute of Cetacean Research of Japan, activists of …
By ROHAN SULLIVAN, Associated Press Writer Rohan Sullivan, Associated Press Writer – 31 mins ago

SYDNEY – A conservation group's boat had its bow sheared off and was taking on water Wednesday after it was struck by a Japanese whaling ship in the frigid waters of Antarctica, the group said.

The boat's six crew members were safely transferred to another of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society's vessels, the newly commissioned Bob Barker. The boat is named for the American game show host who donated $5 million to buy it.

The clash was the most serious in the past several years, during which the Sea Shepherd has sent vessels into far-southern waters to try to harass the Japanese fleet into ceasing its annual whale hunt.

Clashes using hand-thrown stink bombs, ropes meant to tangle propellers and high-tech sound equipment have been common in recent years, and crashes between ships have sometimes occurred.

The society said its vessel Ady Gil — a high-tech speedboat that resembles a stealth bomber — was hit by the Japanese ship the Shonan Maru near Commonwealth Bay and had about 10 feet (three meters) of its bow knocked off.

Locky Maclean, the first mate of the society's lead ship, said one crewman from New Zealand appeared to have suffered two cracked ribs, but the others were uninjured. The crew members were safely transferred to the group's third vessel, though the Ady Gil's captain remained on board to see what could be salvaged, he said.

"The original prognostic was that it was sinking, but at this point it is flooded with water but it seems to still have a bit of buoyancy," Maclean told The Associated Press by satellite phone from the ship, the Steve Irwin.

The group accused the Japanese ship of deliberately ramming the Ady Gil.

"They were stopped dead in the water when the incident occurred," Maclean said of the Ady Gil. "When they realized that the Shonan Maru was aiming right for them, they tried to go into reverse to get the bow out of the way but it was too late. The Shonan Maru made a course correction and plowed directly into the front end of the boat."

Glenn Inwood, a New Zealand-based spokesman for the Institute of Cetacean Research, the Japanese government-linked body that carries out the hunt, disputed Sea Shepherd's account, saying video shot from the whaler showed the conservationists' boat moving toward the whaler just before the collision.

"The Shonan Maru steams to port to avoid a collision. I guess they, the Ady Gil, miscalculated," Inwood told The Associated Press. "Sea Shepherd claims that the Shonan Maru has rammed the Ady Gil and cut it in half — its claim is just not vindicated by the video."

Japan's Fisheries Agency said it was still checking details about the clash. Spokesman Toshinori Uoya said there were no injuries on the Japanese side.

Sea Shepherd sends boats to Antarctic waters each southern summer to try to stop the Japanese whaling fleet from killing whales under what it calls a scientific whaling program. Conservationists and many countries say the program is a front for commercial whaling.

Each side routinely accuses the other of dangerous activity during what has become a cat-and-mouse chase in one of the world's most remote regions.

Australia and New Zealand — which both have Antarctic territories and are among the closest nations to the waters where the hunt goes on — have urged both sides to show restraint, warning that they are far away from rescue if anything goes wrong.

"Our strongest condemnation applies to any violent or dangerous activity that takes place in these remote and inhospitable waters," Australian Environment Minister Peter Garrett said Wednesday. He said he could confirm the collision, but that details were still unclear.

Wednesday's confrontation with whalers marked the first for the 1,200-ton Bob Barker, which rescued the crew. Sea Shepherd only recently bought the ship after its namesake, the former host of the "The Price Is Right" game show and a longtime animal rights acitvist, donated the money. Barker met Sea Shepherd founder Paul Watson through a fellow activist and said he was instantly impressed.

"He said he thought he could put the Japanese whaling fleet out of business if he had $5 million," Barker recalled. "I said, 'I think you do have the skills to do that, and I have $5 million, so let's get it on,' so that's what we did."

Barker, 86, said he was "genuinely proud" to be associated with Sea Shepherd.

The Ady Gil, meanwhile, clashed earlier Wednesday with another Japanese ship, the whaling fleet's mothership, the Nisshin Maru.

The Institute of Cetacean Research said the Ady Gil came "within collision distance" of the Nisshin Maru's bow and repeatedly dangled a rope in the water that could have entangled the ship's rudder and propeller.

The Ady Gil's crew lobbed small projectiles designed to release a foul smell, and the whalers responded by firing high-powered hoses to keep the Sea Shepherd vessels away, the institute said in a statement.

"The obstructionist activities of the Sea Shepherd threaten the lives and property of those involved in our research, are very dangerous and cannot be forgiven," it said.

Maclean confirmed the earlier clash.

Japan's whaling fleet left in November for its annual hunt in Antarctic waters. Uoya said that for security reasons, details of the fleet's composition, the number of whales it hopes to take and the number of crew members are not being released to the public.

The Ady Gil is a 78-foot (24-meter) black-painted trimaran made of carbon fiber and Kevlar in a design meant to pierce waves. It was built to challenge the record for the quickest circumnavigation of the globe and can travel faster than 46 mph (75 kph).

Sea Shepherd unveiled the Ady Gil last October saying a California millionaire with the same name had donated most of the money for it. At the time, the group said the boat would be used to intercept and physically block Japanese harpoon vessels.

___

38fountainSC
01-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Thats the earth race boat, powered by merc diesels run on biodiesel. Article says Bob Barker donated the 5 mill for it.

Wahoo 214
01-06-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm all for saving the whales, but those Sea Shepard guys are nothing but Pirates and should be treated as such.

redhotsommer
01-06-2010, 10:27 AM
I thought that boat looked familiar. The Bob Barker was the rescue boat, not the earthrace boat. That sucker hasn't had an easy life...remember the Earthrace circumnavigation encountered some difficulities when it hit and sank a fishing boat off South America...

JupiterSunsation
01-06-2010, 10:30 AM

NOT SMART:rolleyes:

Should have donated a bigger boat.......:eek:

Trim'd Up
01-06-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm glad to see it! I am all for saving the whales but those guys are idiots and deserve what they get. They are pirates in my eyes as well.

MarylandMark
01-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Sweet!!!!

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?p=408717

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dXCR9LX-Kc

Can we save and upload the video before it is removed?

TCEd
01-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Fvcking morons. How'd that game of chicken go for ya? OTOH the Japanese "researchers" are also fvcking morons for still finding the need to kill whales. I mean seriously, what could you possibly get from a whale that you couldn't source somewhere else?

Agree. Bad thing is the TV show gives them a huge audience.
ed

Ted
01-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Gotta admit, watching the second vid on this PAGE (http://www.ecorazzi.com/2010/01/06/video-ady-gil-hit-by-japanese-whaling-vessel/) it does look like the Japanese boat turned into them, if a loss of life occurred I could see the captain being brought up on at least manslaughter. Since no one was killed, I suppose it will simply be a huge lawsuit in some Maritime court.

t500hps
01-06-2010, 10:59 AM
That's great....youcan see the Ady Gil sitting still, then prop wash as they move INTO the path on the whaling ship....dumbazzes!!!

LaughingCat
01-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Fvckin' morons.

What's on the back of that thing, speakers? They gonna do the old "Compton Stereo Annoyance" method?

glh
01-06-2010, 11:06 AM
There is a video here of the whole thing.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100106/ap_on_re_as/as_antarctica_whaling

And another I guess the Japs took it to them!

Bbuq0YEIPNU

Those hippies got what they wanted..... Publicity...

GENERAL LEE
01-06-2010, 11:12 AM
I haven't watched Whale Wars, but SouthPark did a show about those guys a few weeks back. Good stuff:

http://www.obafloripa.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/paul-watson-em-south-park.jpg

http://www.idsnews.com/blogs/weekendwatchers/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/southpark-whale-wars.jpg

cosmic12
01-06-2010, 11:16 AM
I saw it on the Today show this morning. What a waste of a cool boat.

Audiofn
01-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Well that last video that GL posts sure paints a different picture dosn't it. While I think these guys are clearly not going about this the most productive way that Ship CLEARLY turns to hit them. I am sure the Japanese fleet is wishing that video did not exist. Looks like they chould be in some deep doo doo.

tommymonza
01-06-2010, 11:29 AM
The old earthrace boat had rightaway and the whale shipped yawed towards them as if to get closer but the earthrace definitely accelerated into them. Regardless of rightaway the earthrace who is more manueverable failed to use due diligence in avoiding a collision. Earthrace is in the wrong.

GENERAL LEE
01-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Looks like they chould be in some deep doo doo.

Is there anything they can do in International waters? (Assuming that's where they are?)

Audiofn
01-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Is there anything they can do in International waters? (Assuming that's where they are?)

I have no idea what the legal answer to that would be but it sounds like there could be legal and financial ramification. If the Japanese are found at fault then the poll of public opinion would/could certainly have an ill effect.

Jon

tommymonza
01-06-2010, 11:36 AM
You can see in the video the whale ship correcting to come back to Port but by then it was to late as the Earthrace boat accelerated across their path.

Got to see the Earthrace boat upclose and personal when i was in Paris a few years ago. Neat boat to badd its a couple of million dollars worth of trash now .

Audiofn
01-06-2010, 11:39 AM
The old earthrace boat had rightaway and the whale shipped yawed towards them as if to get closer but the earthrace definitely accelerated into them. Regardless of rightaway the earthrace who is more manueverable failed to use due diligence in avoiding a collision. Earthrace is in the wrong.

I was thinking that at first as well when I saw the first video that MM posted. Then after I saw GL's video I thought, they are sitting dead or almost dead in the water and the whaling vessel turns hard at them so the guys in the old race boat kind of panic and start to accellerate to get past the whaling boats bow, but then the whaleing boat seams to turn back on them again. Almost like the whalling boat intended to scare them half to death but did not think they would move and when they did it was to late to correct back again. Just speculation of course...

ZBODaytona
01-06-2010, 11:42 AM
In the first video i see earthrace is moving forward and looks to hit the whale boat....but in the other video that whale ship definatley makes a big turn into the earthrace boat. So earthrace was moving forward, but that whale ship does make a turn right into them.

GENERAL LEE
01-06-2010, 11:44 AM
I have no idea what the legal answer to that would be but it sounds like there could be legal and financial ramification. If the Japanese are found at fault then the poll of public opinion would/could certainly have an ill effect.

Jon

Man, I don't know where you'd even BEGIN to start, on trying to collect from some random Japanese fishing operation. What a mess! :ack2:

tommymonza
01-06-2010, 11:46 AM
You can see the whale ship turned Starboard towards them as it is driving into the wave. This caused the ship to yaw and exagerated the turn so the captain made a hard course correction back to Port.By then it was to late. If the Earthrace boat had held its previous speed it would not have happened. Also if they were truly trying to avoid be ran down you would have seen much more acceleration coupled with some nice black smoke.

tommymonza
01-06-2010, 11:50 AM
The video of the Earthrace boats propwash showing them accelerating into the path of the ship will be their downfall.

ZBODaytona
01-06-2010, 11:51 AM
or as they said in the article they were trying to reverse......in the first video you would have possibly seen smoke and water direction being changed...i saw neither. Come on though they are enviro wack jobs. I have no problem with save the whales or anything of the nature, but when you start going to the extremes that boarder on legal issues there is a problem. Not just with the whale savers but all animal rights activist that do things like this.
Of course why are they still hunting the whales...

skaterdave
01-06-2010, 11:56 AM
general lee beat me to it.

i guess we'll get the full story on the next south park episode

tommymonza
01-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Yea the whole reverse thing is a total lie. It will ruin their credibility at any hearing .

MarylandMark
01-06-2010, 12:06 PM
What's on the back of that thing, speakers?

Ady Gil's 9000 Watt Sound System

While it won't pack the punch of a LRAD, the Sea Shepherd have nonetheless equipped the Ady Gil with a sound system capable of spewing 9000 watts.

Captain Pete Bethune plans on blasting a song from New Zealand artist Tiki Taane called Tangaroa (http://www.ecorazzi.com/2009/12/01/sea-shepherd-to-blast-whalers-with-maori-war-cry-chorus/).

“It’s a pretty spooky dark song and it’s got this sort of ethereal Maori chant going on it and I don’t think they’ll like it at all,” he told a NZ Radio station. “It’s a little bit of mind games. We’re not down there to make friends with them – we’re down there to intimidate them and disrupt them and see what we can do to make life difficult.”

publius
01-06-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm all for responsible conservation and saving the whales but it brings a smile to my face when tree huggers and eco-terrorists have violence imposed upon them. Especially when their boat runs on bio diesel.

MarylandMark
01-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Sooo...

Any one else notice how much smoother the tri-hull is than the V hull bouncing all around? :cheers2:

MarylandMark
01-06-2010, 12:17 PM
They confirmed the Ady Gil has sunk...

Wonder if the 2500 imperial gallons of bio-diesel will help the whales, but at least it was painted with non-toxic paint!

Awaken
01-06-2010, 12:30 PM
I wonder if they can make "bio-diesel" with Whale Blubber???? Can't get much "greener" than that!

"Almost every part of a whale was once used. The meat was used as food. Today, in some countries the meat is a delicacy, in others it is only used as animal food. The blubber was used as fuel, as grease (used to oil engines and machines),....."

Ted
01-06-2010, 12:35 PM
As recently as the mid-80's Japanese and Korean cars came into this country with whale oil as one of the components of their automatic transmission fluid. When the trans failed (regularly) and burnt up the fluid the stench from the fluid would fill an entire shop when the case was split. One of the most hideous smells I have ever encountered. Of course, then and now there were alternatives so it was another useless waste of an animal.

Knot 4 Me
01-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Wasn't the additive you used to have to add to positraction rear diffs (prior to synthetic gear lubes) made of whale oil? That stuff sure did stink to high heaven!

Sea-Dated
01-06-2010, 12:54 PM
What a waste of a cool boat.... :(

BUIZILLA
01-06-2010, 01:25 PM
that's like playing chicken with a Peterbilt and a Yugo...

40FlatDeck
01-06-2010, 01:36 PM
What a waste of a cool boat.... :(

x2

mosi
01-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Primary Lesson of seamanship learned.....
...... BIG wins!!!!

Rik
01-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Maritime rules. The bigger ship always has the right of way..

This is and was senseless as it has already been proven in Japanese culture that the exploits of the company’s actions on a far away location are not frowned upon by the general public. Rather the protest of these companies’ actions on their home soil is very effective towards their public image and this was a direct report from the anti whalers so why are they still at this?

Stupidity or attention?

SKATIN
01-06-2010, 02:27 PM
I haven't watched Whale Wars, but SouthPark did a show about those guys a few weeks back. Good stuff:

http://www.obafloripa.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/paul-watson-em-south-park.jpg

http://www.idsnews.com/blogs/weekendwatchers/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/southpark-whale-wars.jpg

good one!! http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251888

glh
01-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Priceless episode!

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51234&stc=1&d=1262806417

phragle
01-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Whether whaling is right or wrong, The whale lovers in their high tech boat, complete with radar dispersing paint, flat dark color, etc. are attempting to harrass and interupt the buisness of the whaling vessel. The whale lovers even have a skull and crossbones type image on their vessel. They have also borded without invitation in the recent past. This amounts to piracy (by maritime definition) as well as terrorism. They should have opened fire on the bastards after they caused a collision.

Bradz
01-06-2010, 05:23 PM
I think the pirates are winning as they are raising the world press attention to the issue of whaling. Most countries say whaling is an illegal activity so another illegal activity of being a pirate might be justified in this case. Darn shame of what they did to that world race boat.

schnydo
01-06-2010, 05:25 PM
whether whaling is right or wrong, the whale lovers in their high tech boat, complete with radar dispersing paint, flat dark color, etc. Are attempting to harrass and interupt the buisness of the whaling vessel. The whale lovers even have a skull and crossbones type image on their vessel. They have also borded without invitation in the recent past. This amounts to piracy (by maritime definition) as well as terrorism. They should have opened fire on the bastards after they caused a collision.

i agree maybe its time they should get a real job or fight our
real enemys

03darkshadow
01-06-2010, 07:09 PM
its a shame the people on that boat were rescued. im all for not hunting whales and abusing animals, but these people are out of their minds.

Swede
01-06-2010, 07:31 PM
I watched that show last year just to see how stupid those guys were. Half of them don't have a clue what they are doing around a boat much less in the Antartic trying to drop ropes underneath 200+' ships. They almost got run over last year trying the same sh*t. They were probably trying to get close enough to throw all that stuff on the back of their boat under the ship and miscalculated.

99fever27
01-06-2010, 11:13 PM
They confirmed the Ady Gil has sunk...

Wonder if the 2500 imperial gallons of bio-diesel will help the whales, but at least it was painted with non-toxic paint!

Nice!:rofl:

skaterdave
01-06-2010, 11:20 PM
There is a video here of the whole thing.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100106/ap_on_re_as/as_antarctica_whaling

And another I guess the Japs took it to them!

Bbuq0YEIPNU

Those hippies got what they wanted..... Publicity...

if you click on some of the other videos, there is one from the deck of the whaleing ship and it looks like the whale watchers boats actually accellerates in front of the jap ship at the last minute ????

TOMTBONE
01-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Carbon fiber boat 0

Steel Boat 1

TOMTBONE
01-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Priceless episode!

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51234&stc=1&d=1262806417

I am watching this on my other monitor now......phucking priceless episode.....:sifone::sifone:

Lofty
01-07-2010, 12:00 AM
This reminds me of the Squirrel I ran over with my truck this morning. Yeah it looked real cute sitting in the road in front of me. But was I going to put my truck into my neighbor’s yard to avoid it?

Difference here is these squirrels should have known better. A'int no replacement for displacement.

GENERAL LEE
01-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Darn shame of what they did to that world race boat.

How the hell did they get that famous race boat, to use for THIS, in the first place? What a strange place, and issue, to see it being used for. :huh:

glh
01-07-2010, 12:04 PM
The thing is at the bottom of the Antarctic polluting, this is where this thread and incident should be relegated too.

Back to important things, boobs and boats.

WARPARTY36
01-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Maybe the stinking hippies cold shower will wake them up into reality:sifone:

MarylandMark
01-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Sorry for the mis-information, she didn't sink (yet..).

They tried towing it backwards which didn't work too well and are now hiring a salvage operation. They are pumping out the fuel and taking the batteries and gear off in case the big blub blub blub does come.

MarylandMark
01-07-2010, 12:47 PM
How the hell did they get that famous race boat, to use for THIS, in the first place? What a strange place, and issue, to see it being used for. :huh:

Short answer is a tree hugger bought it for them so they named the boat after him.

Ady Gil - PrincipalFounding partner Ady Gil started American Hi Definition with Erez Ram in 1992 in the garage of his home in Northridge, California, using his 1965 Chevy Impala with an attached trailer as the first delivery vehicle. Eighteen years and hundreds of shows later, AHD has become one of the most successful companies in Hollywood.

Their first project was the motion picture "True Lies" where they provided the process photography - or film backgrounds as it is also known. When Academy Awards show director Jeff Margolis saw the work they did on film, he knew he wanted AHD to be a part of the next Oscars broadcast - and the rest, as they say, is history.

Passionate about the environment, Ady, an early-adopter of electric car technology and instrumental in AHD's rooftop installation of what is one of the largest solar panel arrays in Los Angeles, has become an internationally-recognized environmentalist and philanthropist. In 2009, he donated the ocean defense vessel Ady Gil to the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society for use in patrolling the Antarctic ocean in search of illegal whaling vessels.

The Ady Gil is a one-of-a-kind 76' catamaran which currently holds the world record for circumnavigating the globe (then christened Earthrace) at 60 days, 23 hours, 49 minutes.

Sea-Dated
01-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Sorry for the mis-information, she didn't sink (yet..).

They tried towing it backwards which didn't work too well and are now hiring a salvage operation. They are pumping out the fuel and taking the batteries and gear off in case the big blub blub blub does come.

I can't believe that thing is still floating......

H20 Toie
01-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Short answer is a tree hugger bought it for them so they named the boat after him.

Ady Gil - PrincipalFounding partner Ady Gil started American Hi Definition with Erez Ram in 1992 in the garage of his home in Northridge, California, using his 1965 Chevy Impala with an attached trailer as the first delivery vehicle. Eighteen years and hundreds of shows later, AHD has become one of the most successful companies in Hollywood.

Their first project was the motion picture "True Lies" where they provided the process photography - or film backgrounds as it is also known. When Academy Awards show director Jeff Margolis saw the work they did on film, he knew he wanted AHD to be a part of the next Oscars broadcast - and the rest, as they say, is history.

Passionate about the environment, Ady, an early-adopter of electric car technology and instrumental in AHD's rooftop installation of what is one of the largest solar panel arrays in Los Angeles, has become an internationally-recognized environmentalist and philanthropist. In 2009, he donated the ocean defense vessel Ady Gil to the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society for use in patrolling the Antarctic ocean in search of illegal whaling vessels.

The Ady Gil is a one-of-a-kind 76' catamaran which currently holds the world record for circumnavigating the globe (then christened Earthrace) at 60 days, 23 hours, 49 minutes.

A treehugger who also thinks prostitution is ok
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerindex?id=8387209

Ted
01-07-2010, 01:49 PM

IIRC it is bulkheaded like a ship in case something like this happens, assuming the hippies knew how to close doors:rolleyes:

MarylandMark
01-07-2010, 01:54 PM
She's fugly- give me $100 and I can split it with a chick twice as hot as her for him to date tonight...

I watched that TV show when it came on and didn't even realize that was who that was. Good catch!

mosi
01-07-2010, 01:59 PM
By the looks of the pictures......one of the Japanese whaling research vessels stuck around to make sure no one died. I wonder if the tree huggers would have done the same or if they would have patted themselves on the back and left laughing?

H20 Toie
01-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Notice how after the wreck they took the pirate flag off :)

WARPARTY36
01-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Isn't this the same boat that ran over and killed a fisherman on the world record run? If so KARMA is a BIOTCH:iagree::seeya::cheers2:

phragle
01-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Notice how after the wreck they took the pirate flag off :)

Its still painted on the side and on the ob of the rib...

Ted
01-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Isn't this the same boat that ran over and killed a fisherman on the world record run? If so KARMA is a BIOTCH:iagree::seeya::cheers2:

Yes

glh
01-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Isn't this the same boat that ran over...I think what you mean is; "Was that the same boat..." :D

mosi
01-07-2010, 04:23 PM
My dad has a great set of tools........

H20 Toie
01-07-2010, 06:57 PM

It's not anymore.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/01/08/2787921.htm

old377guy
01-07-2010, 07:22 PM
I dont know how to post the link, but the new boat in the whale wars fleet had ten feet of the bow removed by a Japanese whaling vessel.

cut in half eh? so now there's two of 'em running around?

BUIZILLA
01-07-2010, 08:59 PM
is Mr Watson sure that Steve Irwin would want his name on his chase vessel?

Dude! Sweet!
01-08-2010, 02:28 AM
So end of story is the hippies littered up the ocean by sinking a load of chemicals and trash... Nice work hippies. Hope a whale doesn't choke on it! :reddevil:

phragle
01-08-2010, 02:37 AM
hey..score one for the hippies, they have just created a small artificial reef!!!

waterboy222
01-08-2010, 01:33 PM

No doubt.. I would think the LAST THING this boat was built for would be rubbing paint with whaling ships.. (well, that theory was proved i guess)

wonder how those whales like the taste of 2500 gal of biodiesel....

mosi
01-08-2010, 01:47 PM
It's not anymore.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/01/08/2787921.htm

LOL!!!!

But Mr Watson has defended his crew and says the risk of dying on the high seas is worth it if it allows the group to save whales.

"My crew are well aware of the risks that we have to take to protect whales down here. I think those risks are worth taking," he said.

Capt Watson is pretty liberal with his crew's lives.......Notice his fat ass is always locked up nice and warm in the wheelhouse:leaving:

Lofty
01-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Just wait till they manage to poke a hole in one of the Japanese ships and send it to the bottom. Then they'll cry environmental disaster and claim the Japanese are polluting the oceans.

MarylandMark
01-08-2010, 05:37 PM
They claim they were able to get all the fuel pumped off before it went down.

I was hoping they would be able to salvage it so they could film more dumb decisions in the future.

$1.5M- they couldn't buy the press they gotten over this for that price so maybe they will do some thing even dumber next!

Lofty
01-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Maybe they will buy this next. It's already the right color for them and hey, it's a blow boat! Perfect for a bunch of pirates!

H20 Toie
01-08-2010, 07:46 PM
It gets even better, now the pirates are filing charges against the japs of piracy.
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-News/2010/0108/Whale-Wars-Sea-Shepherd-lodges-piracy-charge-against-Japanese-whalers

Maybe they should look at what flag they are flying :)

tommymonza
01-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Lofty please do not post photographs of my YACHT without my express permission. Thank you and good day

Ted
01-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Maybe they will buy this next. It's already the right color for them and hey, it's a blow boat! Perfect for a bunch of pirates!

That thing is now chained to the bottom of Key West harbor in a fight with the EPA, bet the dude would love to donate it and get the deduction. I think Nick said they are trying to fine him a Thousand Dollars an inch for the couple of miles of swamp he tore up.

jhenrie
01-08-2010, 11:38 PM
I've been telling you guys it's bad luck to change the name of a boat !!

endeavor1
01-09-2010, 12:37 AM
So end of story is the hippies littered up the ocean by sinking a load of chemicals and trash... Nice work hippies. Hope a whale doesn't choke on it! :reddevil:

F'n tree huggin hippes. They finally got part of what is coming to them. I cant wait to read when one of their big boats get the same treatment. :sifone:

McGary911
01-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Sad to see that cool boat used in such a stupid manner. I was aboard her when they stopped in Jacksonville, and it was an impressive piece. The crew aboard that day really were boat guys. They had bronze props, but were excited to be getting some carbon fiber ones that would distort under a certain load.....changing pitch. If these guys wanted to do something so perilous, they should have bought a dodge dart equivalent....not this thing.

tommymonza
01-09-2010, 11:52 AM
That thing is now chained to the bottom of Key West harbor in a fight with the EPA, bet the dude would love to donate it and get the deduction. I think Nick said they are trying to fine him a Thousand Dollars an inch for the couple of miles of swamp he tore up.

Not the same boat. That is Legacy in Key West. The one lofty showed is the Maltese Falcon.

Lofty
01-09-2010, 03:13 PM
I snapped those shots when she sailed into the SF Bay. Impressive ride to say the least! I think the Maltese Falcon was just sold by Larry Perkins, don't know who the knew owner is? Tommymonza?!?!

tommymonza
01-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Yea she is mine now . Me yea me and my wife Morgan Fairchild spend our holidays on her Yea .

LaughingCat
01-09-2010, 10:21 PM
You probably have to be seriosuly offshore to operate her. what does she draw. . . 20'?

TOMTBONE
01-10-2010, 12:42 AM
what is w/ the green laser?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR96rKo6M7k&feature=rec-fresh+div-r-2-HM

TOMTBONE
01-10-2010, 12:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hsB5IqO-dw&feature=related

phragle
01-10-2010, 12:55 AM
what is w/ the green laser?

An attempt to blind the crew...

insanity
01-10-2010, 10:20 AM
I'd like to know 'how' they got all the fuel off the boat. In addition to the oil in the engines, the hydraulic system, etc....

LaughingCat
01-10-2010, 01:54 PM
That's just what they claim so as to not be enviromental hypocrits