PDA

View Full Version : Wanted 2001-06 Cigarette Top Gun TS

WMF
01-06-2010, 01:29 AM
Still looking!! for a 2001-06 Cigarette 38 Top gun TS!!!

BillR
01-06-2010, 06:50 AM
You know where your new boat is!

Wrinkleface
01-06-2010, 08:22 AM
You know where your new boat is!

Dude, don't B so subtle!!!!!:biggrinjester:

drpete3
01-06-2010, 09:11 AM
http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/1538248512.html

Have you seen this one?

JupiterSunsation
01-06-2010, 10:22 AM
http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/1538248512.html

Have you seen this one?

That boat has A LOT of history......google "Rice Hauler Cigarette"

JupiterSunsation
01-06-2010, 10:27 AM
WMF- My buddy owns this one: http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-CIGARETTE-Top-Gun-96219441

Just had service done at Mercury Premier shop last week, had paint touched up by original painter. Boat is flawless...he wants to buy a new Nortech 40 cat. I towed boat home Saturday and we put it back on the lift. Guy owns the boat free and clear and wants it sold.......

Salesmanship
01-06-2010, 11:54 AM
WMF- My buddy owns this one: http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-CIGARETTE-Top-Gun-96219441

Just had service done at Mercury Premier shop last week, had paint touched up by original painter. Boat is flawless...he wants to buy a new Nortech 40 cat. I towed boat home Saturday and we put it back on the lift. Guy owns the boat free and clear and wants it sold.......

I was thinking the same thing!

Wrinkleface
01-06-2010, 12:13 PM
I was thinking the same thing!

Damn Dude, Somebody tell U about that little blurb in a cig thread or what?????

Dude! Sweet!
01-06-2010, 12:33 PM
You ever talk to Tom with "Hot for Teacher"? I can't remember what year the boat is, but it's the one out here with Pfaff motors and sixes. Boat looks to be in really nice sape and flat out gets after it.

Salesmanship
01-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Damn Dude, Somebody tell U about that little blurb in a cig thread or what?????

I'm just that good!

GENERAL LEE
01-06-2010, 01:05 PM
You ever talk to Tom with "Hot for Teacher"? I can't remember what year the boat is, but it's the one out here with Pfaff motors and sixes. Boat looks to be in really nice sape and flat out gets after it.

Tom is probably going to want a pretty penny for his machine. That thing is BAD ass. http://smiliesftw.com/x/bowcool_1.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

The one Terry & JupiterSunsation are talking about, would be the one to have if it's within what you'd like to spend. It's the newest 38 "body style", and was the former 525 OSO boat, now with a nice paintjob. I mention that, because it was ALWAYS serviced by Cigarette, and either store AT the factory, or in Steve's warehouse with the rest of his toys. Clean boat. :cool:

WMF
01-06-2010, 04:15 PM

Love that boat!! one of the best looking Top Gun TS's out there!! Did not know it was for sale?

drpete3
01-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Pretty sure he detuned his motors since this run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlqkaUzKJ50

Dude! Sweet!
01-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Love that boat!! one of the best looking Top Gun TS's out there!! Did not know it was for sale?

He nearly had it sold a year or so ago, but the deal fell through. Last I talked to him, it was still for sale but I haven't talked to him since last year I guess... I don't know if the economy has affected his plans.

Personally, I think he'd be nuts to sell it and I definately think that boat deserves top dollar.

Dude! Sweet!
01-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Pretty sure he detuned his motors since this run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlqkaUzKJ50

Forgot how close we were parked to the start! (at 45 seconds) Ha ha ha. That was a great day!

Pete what makes you say that he detuned? I don't remember him saying he'd made any significant changes to the boat. That thing was an animal both before and after the 2007 Rum Run.

My wife was standing on the dock behind HFT and he fired up one of the motors. The pressure wave (through mufflers!) and the noise made her shriek and she nearly fell off the dock! Man, I'mlaughing just thinking about it!

Geronimo36
01-06-2010, 06:45 PM
That boat has A LOT of history......google "Rice Hauler Cigarette"

Assuming the title has been cleaned up and all the issues taken care of, who cares????

I saw that boat in person a number of years ago, sick!

Geronimo36
01-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Still looking!! for a 2001-06 Cigarette 38 Top gun TS!!!

Thought I heard a rumor you found one??? :(

JupiterSunsation
01-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Assuming the title has been cleaned up and all the issues taken care of, who cares????

I saw that boat in person a number of years ago, sick!

Boat is great looking but you will hear......"isn't that the Rice Hauler boat" every time you do a poker run etc.....

I love the paint and ZUL power......

JupiterSunsation
01-06-2010, 07:13 PM
The one Terry & JupiterSunsation are talking about, would be the one to have if it's within what you'd like to spend. It's the newest 38 "body style", and was the former 525 OSO boat, now with a nice paintjob. I mention that, because it was ALWAYS serviced by Cigarette, and either store AT the factory, or in Steve's warehouse with the rest of his toys. Clean boat. :cool:

100% right....boat was painted by one of Cigarette's painters and serviced at a Merc. Premier shop after Steve owned it. Boat has done 2 poker runs (1 Bahamas run and last years Miami Boat Show run). Owner brings a guy with him just to take care of boat on the runs, boat is cleaned everytime it is out....We laugh at his "entourage" of helpers but he wants the boat perfect at all times.

If you want to talk to the owner, PM me and I will give you his cell#.

Wild
01-06-2010, 09:31 PM
you know you will end up with mine when its all over

WMF
01-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Thought I heard a rumor you found one??? :(

No not yet!!! still looking!!

WMF
01-06-2010, 11:45 PM
you know you will end up with mine when its all over

iF the price is right who knows!! I mean really right!! There are alot of great Top Guns out there right now!! not in a rush!

WMF
01-06-2010, 11:50 PM
He nearly had it sold a year or so ago, but the deal fell through. Last I talked to him, it was still for sale but I haven't talked to him since last year I guess... I don't know if the economy has affected his plans.

Personally, I think he'd be nuts to sell it and I definately think that boat deserves top dollar.

If the price is right I would love to have that boat!!

drpete3
01-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Forgot how close we were parked to the start! (at 45 seconds) Ha ha ha. That was a great day!

Pete what makes you say that he detuned? I don't remember him saying he'd made any significant changes to the boat. That thing was an animal both before and after the 2007 Rum Run.

My wife was standing on the dock behind HFT and he fired up one of the motors. The pressure wave (through mufflers!) and the noise made her shriek and she nearly fell off the dock! Man, I'mlaughing just thinking about it!Pretty sure over on OSO I was introduced to that youtube video and If my memory serves me right he posted that he was backing the engines down to like 750 hp I do remember he said he was running about 1250 per side at that time.

Geronimo36
01-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Boat is great looking but you will hear......"isn't that the Rice Hauler boat" every time you do a poker run etc.....

I love the paint and ZUL power......

Who cares if you buy it "right"... Once you establish your own reputation with the boat it's a wash. there's a lot of boats people are buying from National Marine with deadbeat owners, they don't seem to mind...and a lot of those stories haven't surfaced on the good ole internet.:willy_nilly:

Geronimo36
01-07-2010, 10:16 AM
If the price is right I would love to have that boat!!

Great time to buy man and good luck!

One thing though, my buddy just off-loaded his OL because he figured he could get the next one "right" but he's finding itharder to find the deals he was finding over the summer/fall. In fact he said prices are leveling if not rising... Could be an indicator the market and boating values are headed in a positive direction.

Fingers crossed you find your deal but at the same time my fingers are crossed we dig out of this hole sooner than later! :USA:

WMF
01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Fingers crossed you find your deal but at the same time my fingers are crossed we dig out of this hole sooner than later! :USA:

Great post frank could not agree more!!!