PDA

View Full Version : Keys cops leave ransom note

Bobcat
01-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Florida Keys cops leave ransom note for pot, nab suspected grower

MARATHON, Fla. -- (AP) -- Monroe County deputies say a ransom note left in place of seized marijuana plants lured out a suspected grower.

According to a news release, detectives left a note with a phone number in place of the six large plants. The note read: ``Thanks for the grow! You want them back? Call for the price.''

Steven Alan Locasio called the number about 10 minutes later. Locasio offered $200 for the plants, and detectives agreed to meet him for an exchange.

Locasio was arrested after he gave deputies the money. He has been booked into Monroe County jail on drug charges and was expected to appear in court Tuesday. It's unclear if he already has an attorney.

A telephone message left for Locasio was not immediately returned.

Big Time
01-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Locasio sounds like a really smart business man....

Chris
01-05-2010, 01:28 PM
"Why do you think they call it dope?"

clayinaustin
01-05-2010, 01:38 PM
arresting people for six pot plants! so sad! :(

JupiterSunsation
01-05-2010, 02:14 PM

not really.....the sad part is the guy called to get 6 plants back! He lost his supply, his $200 and his freedom (temporarily)!

clayinaustin
01-05-2010, 02:42 PM
not really.....the sad part is the guy called to get 6 plants back! He lost his supply, his $200 and his freedom (temporarily)!

But it's the Florida Keys! The cops passed two meth labs and a dead hooker to arrest a man for six pot plants! :eek: :p

DollaBill
01-05-2010, 03:15 PM
But it's the Florida Keys! The cops passed two meth labs and a dead hooker to arrest a man for six pot plants! :eek: :p

I agree Clay. I don't want to start a huge debate or hijack, but give me a break and go take care of some real criminals. The whole drug "war" (LOL) is a joke.

tommymonza
01-05-2010, 03:21 PM
The real drug war should be on all the pharmacuetical companies and the doctors that are prescribing all their schit.

jmoore32fever
01-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Tommy hit the nail on the head there.... That's Americas biggest problem is most doc's passin out pain pills like candy corn

tommymonza
01-05-2010, 03:28 PM
And they are being sold on the street in greater quanities and at higher profit margins than Pot to young kids . It is an epedemic here in SW Florda,

JupiterSunsation
01-05-2010, 03:31 PM

yep 100% right on!

They did arrest a multiple slaying perp this week in the middle keys. Guy went on a Thanksgiving day shooting spree in Jupiter killing his aunt, two twin sisters and a 6 year old girl. He shot two others but they lived......it got some press but the Tiger Woods crash happened hours later and that took over the airwaves.

America's most wanted profiled the guy and a mom/pop motel owner called it in. They asked how sure are you 1-10, she replied 10. She gave them the guy's tag# and it was from his dad's old Lexus. Description matched, car that was stored under a cover matched and the tag was from the dad's old car......30 minutes later the team hit the door, flashbangs and then tasered the guy.........I would say the hotel owner was correct in her guess that it was him! :D

JupiterSunsation
01-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Many people only experience the keys as a resort destination or Key West during a big week like the races but in reality it is an escape point for people running away from their problems in the continental USA (hopefully not Bobcat's situation :D). There are many beautiful mansions with big power center consoles behind the house but for everyone of those is a transient person renting by the week in a run down motel/trailer park etc.

I like visiting the keys but wouldn't want to live there.... A poker run or two annually gives me enough of "paradise." The water, fishing and environment in general is beautiful but the roadside over-development, t shirt shops and touristy BS kills the place for me!

DollaBill
01-05-2010, 03:38 PM
yep 100% right on!

They did arrest a multiple slaying perp this week in the middle keys. Guy went on a Thanksgiving day shooting spree in Jupiter killing his aunt, two twin sisters and a 6 year old girl. He shot two others but they lived......it got some press but the Tiger Woods crash happened hours later and that took over the airwaves.

America's most wanted profiled the guy and a mom/pop motel owner called it in. They asked how sure are you 1-10, she replied 10. She gave them the guy's tag# and it was from his dad's old Lexus. Description matched, car that was stored under a cover matched and the tag was from the dad's old car......30 minutes later the team hit the door, flashbangs and then tasered the guy.........I would say the hotel owner was correct in her guess that it was him! :D

I was watching AMW this past Sat night with my boys when they aired that show. The next day we are riding in the car and the station said they caught that guy and my kids were really like wow it does work. It was cool to see it work like that.

jmoore32fever
01-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Nation wide brother not just there.... My gf works @ a dr's office in a small indiana town some of the storys of people comin everyday lookin for pain meds is unbelievable. In the past year they've had to call the cols @ least 6 or 7 times, god knows how many times she's been threatened etc etc from when they decline there pain meds

tommymonza
01-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Methadone the new hillbilly Heroin.

JupiterSunsation
01-05-2010, 03:54 PM
I was watching AMW this past Sat night with my boys when they aired that show. The next day we are riding in the car and the station said they caught that guy and my kids were really like wow it does work. It was cool to see it work like that.

Shooting happened 2 miles from my house....new subdivision of 400-800K houses. Owner was cousin of shooter, guy killed their 6 year old daughter who he had never even met before!

I was out of town and when they were detailing it on CNN/Headline the houses looked very similar to ours but I noticed the mailboxes were different colors than ours....

bluellama
01-05-2010, 03:58 PM

If you're going to steal Ron White's stuff at least credit him with it .... :D :D

Our local pharmacy was a big sign in the window that basically says there are no oxy/narcotic type painkillers on the premises, they are are only brought in to fill individual prescriptions....

DollaBill
01-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Shooting happened 2 miles from my house....new subdivision of 400-800K houses. Owner was cousin of shooter, guy killed their 6 year old daughter who he had never even met before!

I was out of town and when they were detailing it on CNN/Headline the houses looked very similar to ours but I noticed the mailboxes were different colors than ours....

Yea, I was down there in August. Lots of new developments with similar designs.

clayinaustin
01-05-2010, 04:05 PM
If you're going to steal Ron White's stuff at least credit him with it .... :D :D

Busted! :kiss:

JupiterSunsation
01-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Yea, I was down there in August. Lots of new developments with similar designs.

hacienda mcmansions! :D

It got wild around here in 2005-06 when the house you bought for 300K in 01 now had strangers knocking on your door to try to buy it for 900K! Production builders like Divosta could build a brand new house in 48 days from dirt to move in (2K sq ft under air, pool, all concrete construction) for 500K.

Michael Jordan just broke ground on his new house in the Bear's Club, 38,000 sq ft on 2 lots he paid 4mm for! Monthly maintenance in that 'hood runs about 6K for the grounds maintenance/security!

Wobble
01-05-2010, 04:21 PM
And they are being sold on the street in greater quanities and at higher profit margins than Pot to young kids . It is an epedemic here in SW Florda,

It is also a major problem in the Houston area. They recently busted a Doctor near here that had prescribed over 550,000 pain pills. You cant tell me that the Feds cant put an automated program in place to monitor prescriptions filled at pharmacies and flag unusual traffic.:cuss:

Here's the story http://www.examiner.com/x-6013-Houston-US-District-Court-Examiner~y2009m6d25-Pillmill-charges-against-Houstonarea-doctors-coincide-with-crackdown-on-healthcare-fraud

Rush
01-05-2010, 04:37 PM
The real drug war should be on all the pharmacuetical companies and the doctors that are prescribing all their schit.

and medicaid (we) are paying for it!

ar15meister
01-05-2010, 06:28 PM

Funny how America is so far to one extreme and Canada is so far to the other.

Up here you can rape and kill your own mother and the courts will put you in a government paid for home for 2 years watching golf highlights and have some immigrant social worker tell you how it isnt your fault because that ***** should have known not to turn off your video games.

Sometime I feel bad when I am in the USA because if you get caught for certain victimless crimes you actually get into trouble but then I realize that in Canada a guy could break into my house and cook me on my own barbecue and he would be out eating ribs at Tony Romas in 4 years.

jet
01-05-2010, 09:00 PM
the thing that gets me is all the disclaimers on the NEW over the counter drugs........your back will not itch (but your d*ck may fall off,your nose will stop running but the side effects inclued terminal cancer.Ya I'll take terminal cancer for a dollar Pat WTF

LaughingCat
01-06-2010, 12:13 AM

That is a funny post.