PDA

View Full Version : Starboard tab down!!!!

dykstra
01-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I stopped by my marina today and this is what I saw. I don't think the owners are going to be very happy!:eek:

P.S. Sorry for the crappy pic.......cell phone

Sea-Dated
01-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Oops.......:eek:

dykstra
01-04-2010, 06:27 PM
I think it is ironic that that caution sign is on the boat before this happend.

Dude! Sweet!
01-04-2010, 06:29 PM
You know those are the signs along the freeway out here to warn people that illegals may be running across the road right? Too funny.

waterboy222
01-04-2010, 06:34 PM
i wonder if it slid off or punched through?

sellsman11
01-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Actually....to get that running angle, you would need the port tab down.:sifone:

Wrinkleface
01-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Actually....to get that running angle, you would need the port tab down.:sifone:

That was my 1st thought!!!:willy_nilly:

MOBILEMERCMAN
01-04-2010, 07:51 PM
He is lucky it didn't knock the other one over.

DollaBill
01-04-2010, 07:55 PM

let you ride in a boat one time with Woodsie and now your a friggin expert throttleman. Jeez:sifone:

dykstra
01-04-2010, 09:07 PM

Understood, I should have said to level that bad boy out.....starboard tab down!:sifone:

Ratickle
01-04-2010, 09:08 PM
let you ride in a boat one time with a Woody and now your a friggin expert throttleman. Jeez:sifone:

:eek:

Sydwayz
01-04-2010, 10:51 PM
I bet that Tri-Hull leaned over and smacked it.

Never have been able to predict what one of 'dem boats is capable of.

dykstra
01-05-2010, 09:08 AM
It'll buff out!!:ack2:

Knot 4 Me
01-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Gotta love Eastport. That boat has been off the blocks like that for over 2 weeks and they have done nothing about it.

Geronimo36
01-05-2010, 11:02 AM
He is lucky it didn't knock the other one over.

I was working on old Silverton at Navoo when that happened to me.... Ran up and jumped off on the high side! Damn near made me chit my pants! :willy_nilly:

dykstra
01-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Gotta love Eastport. That boat has been off the blocks like that for over 2 weeks and they have done nothing about it.

Hey Knot 4 Me, are you from the area? and yes ya gotta love EastPort!!!:willy_nilly:

Knot 4 Me
01-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Hey Knot 4 Me, are you from the area? and yes ya gotta love EastPort!!!:willy_nilly:Yup. Live in Bloomington. Got a buddy that slips a 32 Carver at EastPort. I launch at Detwiller across the river when I do my lock to lock runs between Peoria and Starved Rock.

dykstra
01-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Cool, I keep an eye out for ya! If you want PM me, I might know your buddy with the Carver.

LaughingCat
01-06-2010, 06:20 PM
What's the white stuff ont he ground, sand?

:sifone:

Hammer01
01-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Dykstra and Knot, I have boated out thru Peoria for over 20 years and this is pretty typical in a lot of the marinas from my experience. I think the covering and winter shrink-wrapping of the boat speaks for itself. My family has always enjoyed the BBQ joint just up the hill from Eastport when we have overnighted there. The best part of Eastport as a transient is that it is owned by Skipperbud's and they reciprocal and are great to deal with if you have used their other marinas. Maybe catch you guys down there sometime!

dykstra
01-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Hammer01, I don't think Skipperbuds owns the marina anymore. The BBQ place was Famous Dave's. Unfortunatly Famous Daves closed several years ago. I dry stack my boat at East Port, so if you ever plan on coming down, PM me. Dave

dykstra
01-06-2010, 10:25 PM
What's the white stuff ont he ground, sand?

:sifone:

I WISH!!:cheers2:

Hammer01
01-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Hammer01, I don't think Skipperbuds owns the marina anymore. The BBQ place was Famous Dave's. Unfortunatly Famous Daves closed several years ago. I dry stack my boat at East Port, so if you ever plan on coming down, PM me. Dave

I haven't been there for a few summers, mainly boated Lake Michigan and the Ozarks but my uncle has a slip in Sodowsky's (sp) and has been there for about 10 years. Not such a nice harbor but he has great neighbors and can't leave. I did not realize that Eastport had new ownership, hope they are treating you guys well and would PM you if ever in the area.

Knot 4 Me
01-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Hammer01, I don't think Skipperbuds owns the marina anymore. The BBQ place was Famous Dave's. Unfortunatly Famous Daves closed several years ago. I dry stack my boat at East Port, so if you ever plan on coming down, PM me. DaveI thought the city (village?) of East Peoria took over ownership of the marina? I may be wrong.

We frequent Jonah's Oyster Bar quite a bit.

Knot 4 Me
01-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Dykstra and Knot, I have boated out thru Peoria for over 20 years and this is pretty typical in a lot of the marinas from my experience. I think the covering and winter shrink-wrapping of the boat speaks for itself. My family has always enjoyed the BBQ joint just up the hill from Eastport when we have overnighted there. The best part of Eastport as a transient is that it is owned by Skipperbud's and they reciprocal and are great to deal with if you have used their other marinas. Maybe catch you guys down there sometime!I've been boating the river since the 70's. It is a tad cleaner now than it was back in the day! I try to hit the river at least a few times a year. I usually run lock to lock when I do. I'll do the North run by launching at Detwiller and running between Peoria and Starved Rock. For a South run I launch at Havana and run between Peoria and LaGrange. Both runs are right around 150 miles round trip on the water. I don't get to the river as often as I used to as I bought a lift back in 2006 and have been slipping my boat at Clinton Lake ever since.

dykstra
01-07-2010, 12:56 PM
I have heard Clinton Lake is really nice, we might make a trip over there in early May.

dykstra
01-07-2010, 12:57 PM
I thought the city (village?) of East Peoria took over ownership of the marina? I may be wrong.

We frequent Jonah's Oyster Bar quite a bit.

Yes, the city of East Peoria owns the marina.

Knot 4 Me
01-07-2010, 02:33 PM
I have heard Clinton Lake is really nice, we might make a trip over there in early May.PM me if you head over. There is a group of us on Dock 3 that tie up every weekend in Houseboat Cove. Drama-free group. We'll have everything from Bajas, PQs, Formulas, Sunsations, and Checkmates, to Chaparrals, Rinkers, Crownlines, MasterCrafts, etc. tied up. We always enjoy meeting new folks. Early last year we had a large group of boats from Rockford tied up with us. They had an 8 person inflatable raft they brought along for their ladies that they called "Estrogen Island". Cracked me up... :cheers2:

dykstra
01-07-2010, 02:45 PM
OK, By the way, I know Rich with the 38PQ(525SC's).

Knot 4 Me
01-07-2010, 03:14 PM
OK, By the way, I know Rich with the 38PQ(525SC's).Sorry to hear! :eek: :sifone:

SOX
01-07-2010, 09:49 PM
You know those are the signs along the freeway out here to warn people that illegals may be running across the road right? Too funny.

That sucks...

I could not believe my eyes my first time on the 5 freeway heading toward Mexico and saw that sign. I tell people about it but it is way funnier in person.