PDA

View Full Version : Plungapalooza

Matt Trulio
01-04-2010, 05:02 PM
This is really, really nuts. But it's also really, really cool, http://speedonthewater.com.

I don't know this as a fact, but I believe the high-performance segment of the boating world does more charity work than any other segment.

Again, I don't know this to be true beyond question, but I do believe it.

Sea-Dated
01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Brrrrr. But a great cause!!!!

DollaBill
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
well after that pic Matt I think the event will def be bigger next year LOL

Matt Trulio
01-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Photo selection and editing are thankless jobs, but someone has to do them.

Ted
01-04-2010, 05:23 PM

I know for a fact she likes fast boats too! She's been 140, anyone wanna take her faster???:sifone:

DollaBill
01-04-2010, 05:27 PM
giggity... alllll ritttte

Steady Pumping
01-05-2010, 08:19 AM
That's a hot pic i am the one that made the ice breg last year for the plunge you can see it in the back round on the frist pic and that is me next to the girl in pic 2 (nice)and we also had a hot tub that was fun alot of hotties running bye to go get warm and saw that we had a hot tub we had to let them join some of the fun.Put it this way we are adding one more hot tub this year. LOL

OldSchool
01-05-2010, 09:57 AM
My buddy Ted looks so cute in that first picture with his red shorts and polar bear ears on!!!! :rofl: :D :sifone: :cheers2:

Chris
01-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Put it this way we are adding one more hot tub this year. LOL

Bait

Nice ;)

MarylandMark
01-05-2010, 12:12 PM

I got bigger just now...

Chris
01-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Tell Mark there will be dolphins and he'll do the plunge. Probably even pay for it.

T2x
01-05-2010, 12:42 PM
I once new a girl named "Ginger the Plunger"..... is she involved in this?

If so, everybody better get penicillin shots.

T2x

Ted
01-05-2010, 12:47 PM
I once new a girl named "Ginger the Plunger"..... is she involved in this?

If so, everybody better get penicillin shots.

T2x

Only if she gets in the hot tub, the Bay is big enough. Remember that the solution to pollution is dilution. :sifone:

Rush
01-05-2010, 03:18 PM
As cold as the bay is now, they may have to break ice to jump in!:smash::banghead:

OldSchool
01-05-2010, 03:28 PM
As cold as the bay is now, they may have to break ice to jump in!:smash::banghead:

I walked down this morning to check my fishboat that's still on the lift. The creek and river is frozen solid.....and it appears that the cover for the center console flew away. It's probably in Kansas after those 50 mph winds last weekend!!!!:rolleyes::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::seeya:

Steady Pumping
01-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Chris,Your the best thank you so much.If you could only see what inpack this event does to the fam and to the special olympic its off the hook.I volunteer over 200 hours this year for them.Just give you a hint of some of the things i did was, Worked the summer games for 4 days,I put a poker run for them from the boat club,I raced my boat in there name, I donated my big rig for there float in the mayors day prade,and so on,Thank you so much chris

Chris
01-05-2010, 04:35 PM
SeriousOffshore exists for two reasons. The first is to provide the boating community with a fun and civil place to congregate. The second- and even more important- is to help these people not only connect with each other but to do some good in the process. And our #1 goal is to aid children's charities anywhere and any way we can

We're all so fortunate to be able to play in this expensive and highly self-indulgent sport. The ability to give back to and share the sport with kids in need should be a welcome concept to everyone that spends time with us on here.

Thanks Jimmy for your dedication to this cause and for the countless hours you spend.

Go here to make your pledge now...

http://plungemd.kintera.org/cbpba

DollaBill
01-05-2010, 04:55 PM
If there is a martini bar and a hot tub count me in next year.

Matt Trulio
01-05-2010, 05:23 PM
As I said in my first post, I believe that the high-performance segment of the boating world does more charitable work than any other segment. If the yachting or personal watercraft or sailing segments, for example, are doing as much, much less more, it is falling below my radar. I'm certainly not seeing it in the online or print media worlds.

The charitable efforts of the performance-boat community are, in fact, the subject my next column for Boats.com. (I'll let you know when it posts.)

So it seems, as Chris suggests, that you do guys do indeed appreciate your good fortune and are more than happy—make that eager—to give back.

You guys take constant heat for noise and fuel consumption and all the rest, but here's the truth:

You do far more good than harm.

DaveP
01-05-2010, 09:14 PM
As I said in my first post, I believe that the high-performance segment of the boating world does more charitable work than any other segment.

I think you are right Matt.......I can't remember ever seeing something relating to "giving back" at any fishing tournaments (large or small), Yacht Rendezvous or even SeaRay's Aquapalooza.

Day on the Bay (started in 1979 in NJ - now Shore Dreams For Kids)
Smoke on the Water
Puttin on the Wish
OSS Cares
Miss GEICO Racing Team
and any others that I may have missed....

To those of you who have atteneded such an event you know.......for those of you who have not....I encourage you to attend... because once you do you will never look at life the same way again

Brownie
01-06-2010, 07:53 AM
I guess you could say that the weather will be "Nippy"

DaveP
01-06-2010, 11:14 AM
I guess you could say that the weather will be "Nippy"

You will be able to either poke an eye out or hang a coat :)