PDA

View Full Version : My NFL Team Didn't Make the Play-offs and I'd Like to Discuss It

LaughingCat
01-04-2010, 10:54 AM
This thread is open to everyone. Most of us are excited about the current play-off standings and might have picked a team to root for. However, most of our home teams are on the sidelines, so let the offseason drama and discussion commence.

My team is Tampa Bay. I liked Morris when we promoted him to Defensive Coordinator. When they moved him to head coach, I had to hope he could do it. Heck, we have some many other assistants become head coaches, why not. But after this season, I'd really like to see a change bringing back the excitement.

It might be a pipe-dream, but bringing in someone like Bill Cowher and demoting to Morris to DC would be something interesting.

We have a massive salary cap room, a high draft pick (#3 overall) and many more picks this year. We need to get it right and start tossing the underperforming losers off the team. It's possible to turn this ship around (pun intended), but we are dangerously close to embarking on a 10+-year losing streak like the Redskins if we don't get smart. Time to stop gambling on a youth-ful coach and bring in the goods.

Trim'd Up
01-04-2010, 10:57 AM
I feel your pain. I'm a Rams fan, can't get much worse than that. I'm afraid my team might be turning into the next Detroit.:(

LaughingCat
01-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Your team has the coveted first overall draft pick. Everyone wants Suh, but you guys need a QB. Feel like trading?

BTW, I loved the Greatest Show on Turf.

ChiefApache
01-04-2010, 11:09 AM
I feel your pain. I'm a Rams fan, can't get much worse than that. I'm afraid my team might be turning into the next Detroit.:(

Really? Try being a Browns fan. :smash:

LaughingCat
01-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Detroit is doing a good job of constantly fighting for top draft picks. It'll take years to unravel their mess.

Then you have the Redskins. We could've told you what a joke and disaster Bruce Allen is. In fact,y ou could simply look at our record. One winning season during his tenure. Dan Schneider rolled him out as a "winner". Little hint for you Danny, we won the Superbowl the year BEFORE we mistakenly hired him. Then he came in a bought all the has-been's he could find and we were muck-suckers. Only once Monte Kiffin resigned did the true nature of his handy work show up. Now we are rebuilding.

Good luck DC. You sucks at politics and sports.

Separely, I cannot believe how good the Chargers are doing with Norv. I thought that guy was a perrenial loser. They discarded Schottenheimer after a 14-2 season. Heck, we'll take Marty.

Ted
01-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Yeah, Redskins fan, nuff said. Zorn was just a place holder and I guess he knew it. Maybe they will keep him around as QB coach. Our problem is the ownership, not the coach, players, etc. Until we can fire Danny, we will continue to flounder. Norv Turner is a great example of this, I was even surprised by his stats when he was with us and yet he got no help from Danny and eventually lost all support. Now, of course he is kicking a$$ and taking names just like all the other coaches and players we let go :mad: Guess we'll see who else Danny is gonna ruin in the next few weeks, glad the Ravens are close, might make my switch over easier :seeya:

LaughingCat
01-04-2010, 11:23 AM
I've always liked the Redskins. I lost an remaining respect for Danny when he chose Zorn over Williams. Everyone knew Gibbs built that team to hand Williams and Danny had to act like he knew better.

It's a similar situation to Jerry jones playing GM and bringing in Owens. When you have the Tuna as your coach, you ask him before pulling a grenade and tossing it into the locker room. Cowboys are peaking at the right time. But it could've happened sooner and offered multi-year possibilities like the Colts and Patriots if Jerry would get off his egotistical gas-pedal.

LaughingCat
01-04-2010, 11:26 AM
http://www.nfl.com

I love the Breaking News: VP/GM Bruce Allen. Bruce allen to the GM spot is like the Peanuts chick Lucy holding the football for the kicker. He'll do nothing good for them, but get on TV, like a politician, and brag.

(Update: I was trying to post the opening page of nfl.com)
Redskins fire Zorn

New executive VP/GM Bruce Allen announced early Monday that Jim Zorn has been dismissed as coach. More ... (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8157eb10&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

Gladhe8er
01-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Giants fan here. It's been tough to watch since week 6...

LaughingCat
01-04-2010, 12:28 PM
There's talk in Peter King's column about totally rebuilding the Giants defense.

Tommy Gun
01-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Rams best draft Suh...there aren't any first pick, can't miss QB's out there. No way to Bradford or Tebow. They can get a QB in a later round.

TCEd
01-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Giants fan here. It's been tough to watch since week 6...

Lions fan here. It's been a tough watch since 1957 !

clayinaustin
01-04-2010, 02:18 PM
The worst has to be the Bronco fans. Start the season with six straight wins, and not make the playoffs. Talk about a collapse! :eek:

Bobcat
01-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Buffalo Bills just fired everyone !

Spicy
01-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Season Ticket Holding Redskin Fan Here..... Disappointment is an understatement!!!

phragle
01-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Point blank.. if your team didn't make the playoffs, you need a better team.

Doh!

LaughingCat
01-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Looks like Bucs will be keeping Morris. Cowher is likely on the sidelines until next year.

I hope they get off their tight-$$ wallets and pick up some great free-agents to go with our 10 draft picks. They better not turn "Culverhouse" on us.

Trim'd Up
01-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Rams best draft Suh...there aren't any first pick, can't miss QB's out there. No way to Bradford or Tebow. They can get a QB in a later round.

My thoughts exactly! Either that, or trade down for more picks. They have many needs, but Suh is a monster!

mikes280
01-04-2010, 09:40 PM
well my team is not in (panthers) but at least we are playing a lot better then we were are the start of the season. We woke up and changed QB and things started to click

ILMORdude
01-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Lions fan here. It's been a tough watch since 1957 !

Me too but ive never really had anything but Barry Sanders to watch since ive been around. I did love the Bears with Jim McMahon, Sweetness, Singletary, and Coach DITKA. LIONS make playoffs next yr.................:leaving:

Five Cent Worth
01-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Really? Try being a Browns fan. :smash:

I am with you Chief.... :ack2:. I hope they give Mangini another year.

We did have a good weekend though. Brown's with 4 straight and the Buckeye's.

Perlmudder
01-04-2010, 10:10 PM
It was tough to watch the bills play this year. Hopefully a new coaching staff can bring back some skill.

tstuck
01-04-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm a Lions fan also and I live in Indiana and not a Colts fan. Yep the Lions had good season when they had Billy Sims and then Barry Sanders. I think we will be ok in a couple of years don't have Matt Millen so maybe know we will make good draft picks.

jayboat
01-04-2010, 10:39 PM
The worst has to be the Bronco fans. Start the season with six straight wins, and not make the playoffs. Talk about a collapse! :eek:

I was gonna bring that up earlier, but I'm not really a Denver fan... so I left it alone.

But since you started it: WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE BRONCOS???

:eek:

Season Ticket Holding Redskin Fan Here..... Disappointment is an understatement!!!

I feel for ya, man. Shanahan will make it all ok.

OldSchool
01-04-2010, 10:52 PM
:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ILMORdude
01-04-2010, 10:56 PM
I hope the Lions draft Bo Jackson, Ronnie Lott, and Brian Bosworth.......lmao, I loved them guys growing up

Bobcat
01-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Zorns gone Shanahan 's meeting with them now

LaughingCat
01-05-2010, 09:30 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/05/bucs.morris.ap/index.html

I guess we're keeping Morris. Will support it. But simply doubling our wins to 6 is not enough. We need to be play-off contenders or at least an 8-8 team to mark improvement.

Jim Rome was burning on the Broncos yesterday. Maybe they'll gamble on Tebow.

ChiefApache
01-05-2010, 09:46 AM
I am with you Chief.... :ack2:. I hope they give Mangini another year.

We did have a good weekend though. Brown's with 4 straight and the Buckeye's.

I can't explain what happened to them the last 4 games, why they played the best out of the entire year.

With Holgrem coming in it will be interesting. It was a good football weekend for Ohio. No way I would have been sitting in the stadium on Sunday with -10 to -5 wind chill.:eek:

LaughingCat
01-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Preliminary word is Seattle fired Jim Mora

clayinaustin
01-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Preliminary word is Seattle fired Jim Mora

Mora fired in Seattle (http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seahawks/09000d5d81597804/Mora-fired-in-Seattle)

Five Cent Worth
01-08-2010, 04:30 PM
I can't explain what happened to them the last 4 games, why they played the best out of the entire year.

With Holgrem coming in it will be interesting. It was a good football weekend for Ohio. No way I would have been sitting in the stadium on Sunday with -10 to -5 wind chill.:eek:

I am a fan of keeping Mangini... I don't know how you can judge him when every guy in a key position was basically on the practice squad in the beginning of the season. Harrison, Moore, Cribbs (had much more limited role), Massaquoi, Robiskie....

Let's hope for a good draft.

jayboat
01-10-2010, 02:24 PM
New England, we have a problem.

MacGyver
01-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Big problem.