PDA

View Full Version : look familiar? anyone we know?

glassdave
12-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Was heading east on 90 yesterday afternoon and saw this in New York (somewhere). Looked like a fresh Loukes paint job. Looked good . . . real good. :cool:

Bobcat
12-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Dude........you in a mini van?:eek:

glassdave
12-31-2009, 04:03 PM
lol . . . . uhhh no. . . . . SUV

mosi
12-31-2009, 04:05 PM
Glad to see you made it........lol

We were going to pack you a sandwich!!

LaughingCat
12-31-2009, 04:06 PM
What's all that white stuff on the ground? and why don't the trees have leaves?

glassdave
12-31-2009, 04:53 PM
What's all that white stuff on the ground? and why don't the trees have leaves?

just got in . . . friggin cold out here. :D

RichL
01-02-2010, 02:07 PM
What?...there's not enough of that stuff here in the Buckeye?...You gotta go lookin' for more?

:sifone:

LaughingCat
01-02-2010, 09:59 PM
I set out to prove it was warm enough to go boating today. So wife, kids and Scooby dropped her in the water. First, thank you full moon. Tide too low for the lift. Finally got her off lift and drove to visit a family member. You'd think my Michigan-native wife has never seen winter. It was a brisk 55 degrees and she's in full downhill get-up.

It was a fun run but we'll wait for Spring. Will post a photo of my Griswald family boating excursion soon. Stay warm.

BTW Dave, it's a nice boat you started this thread about.

glassdave
01-02-2010, 10:11 PM
BTW Dave, it's a nice boat you started this thread about.

true . . true . . . . you know how these things go in these long winter months . . . . :D

Well whoever owns it can be very proud, It looks great.

glassdave
01-02-2010, 10:25 PM
What?...there's not enough of that stuff here in the Buckeye?...You gotta go lookin' for more?

:sifone:

yea . . . had to go lookin for even worse conditions, quite possibly some of the worst in the nation :ack2: :D

Hiked up to Tuckermans headwall this morning and, per usual, the weather was atrocious. I've been up this mtn many times (always in mid winter) and have only gotten as close as about two hundred feet from the top only to be driven off by 116mph winds. Worse part is you can drive up the back of the damn thing in the summer lol. Winter though is a pretty fun aggressive slog up the headwall or lionshead trails. Did a three day traverse a few years ago, wanna talk about a challenge try pitching a tent in almost a hundred mph wind :D :D

CQeNBvufGHg

LaughingCat
01-02-2010, 10:50 PM
that is crazy!

Ratickle
01-02-2010, 11:08 PM
that is crazy!

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Ratickle
01-02-2010, 11:09 PM
I think that puts Ohio back in the lead......:sifone:

glassdave
01-02-2010, 11:10 PM
lol :D

hey . . . . ya gotta have a winter hobby . . . .:biggrinjester:

Offshore Ginger
01-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Dammmm im an old man and your balls are a lot bigger then mine.:willy_nilly::willy_nilly: Dave , the you tube vid looked like you were getting a blow job on Butt back mt ha ha ha ha

LaughingCat
01-02-2010, 11:34 PM
I think that puts Ohio back in the lead......:sifone:

Well said.

Actually, it takes some kind of balls to be out in those conditions.
There's a reason you don't see anyone else in the background.
Doing it once is a statement of masculinity. Doing it each year makes you a Darwin Award contender.

LaughingCat
01-02-2010, 11:38 PM
After posting my last comment, I showed my wife the video. She said that looks awesome and wants to do more hiking. Thinking of shipping her up to Ohio and ordering a keg.

glassdave
01-03-2010, 12:12 AM
After posting my last comment, I showed my wife the video. She said that looks awesome and wants to do more hiking. Thinking of shipping her up to Ohio and ordering a keg.

no real great hiking in ohio . . . . thats why i travel :D

Tuckermans isnt to bad if you just go up the ravine trail, it doesnt get nasty till you actually hit the ravine, total round trip is about nine plus miles but gains pretty good elevation. Past that it can get nuts but otherwise its a great day hike and really just dependent on the weather that day.

Offshore Ginger
01-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Dave whats the temp there ?

HaxbySpeed
01-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Last time I was at Tuckerman's boarding we were sitting on the lunch rocks and watched some chick snow shoeing across the lip at the top. She lost her footing slid for about 100' feet screaming, launched into the air and disappeared into a crevasse! There was about twenty people watching and everyone went silent until my buddy Steve said "well I'm not about to let that ruin my lunch" he cracked a beer and we watched the rescue guys start their slow climb to the top. Tuckerman can be a pretty dangerous place in the spring with 100'+ holes hiding here and there.. :eek:

glassdave
01-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Last time I was at Tuckerman's boarding we were sitting on the lunch rocks and watched some chick snow shoeing across the lip at the top. She lost her footing slid for about 100' feet screaming, launched into the air and disappeared into a crevasse! There was about twenty people watching and everyone went silent until my buddy Steve said "well I'm not about to let that ruin my lunch" he cracked a beer and we watched the rescue guys start their slow climb to the top. Tuckerman can be a pretty dangerous place in the spring with 100'+ holes hiding here and there.. :eek:

yep, that place can get ya if your not careful. Great place to go though, you meet all kinds there. I havnt made it in the spring yet for the skiing, heard it gets pretty crowded. I prefer Lionshead trail you gain altitude faster and its more scenic looking into the ravine although almost every time i have been there you can only see about fifty feet. Did a nice traverse a few years ago up Glen Boulder around to Boott Spur back down then up to Huntington to Nelson Crag. I use to ski a lot but then took EMS's climbing school and took to that instead. Tuckermans is a nice way to kill a day :cool:

jet
01-04-2010, 08:14 PM
NO thanks buddy there is plenty of cold here in T town. Hey dave where's lunch wednesday we have a top secret snow thing to build for the winter poker run.Tick tock bro get your ass off the mountain lol

phragle
01-04-2010, 08:52 PM
I like top secret things... I like the winter regatta...

skaterdave
01-04-2010, 09:26 PM
dave, have fun, and too think i had to throw on a sweat shirt cause it only went up too 62 today???

Team Tsunami
01-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Here's the Spectre. Not sure why there's 4000 all over the boat when its just a 36??

http://taod1.com/applications/PhotoGalleryManager/gallery.asp?ItemID=293&cid=9

tunnelvision69
01-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Here's the Spectre. Not sure why there's 4000 all over the boat when its just a 36??

http://taod1.com/applications/PhotoGalleryManager/gallery.asp?ItemID=293&cid=9

maybe fountain bought spectre??:sifone:

Team Tsunami
01-05-2010, 12:41 AM
maybe fountain bought spectre??:sifone:

Yea they have that 4 footitus!!:D:D:willy_nilly:

Tom A.
01-05-2010, 12:51 AM
I like the new Statement! boat....