PDA

View Full Version : Highs and Lows of Performance Boating in 2009

Matt Trulio
12-31-2009, 11:13 AM
Here's what stood out for me, http://speedonthewater.com.

What stood out for you?

Happy New Year. May 2010 bring you health, happiness and prosperity and—while we're at it—that new performance boat you've always wanted.

Bradz
12-31-2009, 11:25 AM
Well written!!

cigdaze
12-31-2009, 11:37 AM
Nicely done, Matt. Thanks for the SOS mention, we certainly do appreciate it and I'm glad that we have been able to make a positive impression on the offshore boating community.

I can't disagree with anything you've written - those highs and lows stand out on their own and it's tough to come up with any that are any more high or low in those regards.

Another honorable mention could possible go to the most memorable debut of Copeland's Phenomenon project.

I'd also like to personally add the party in KW for me. It was the highlight of my year and what was the culmination of a great inaugural year for us here at SOS. It was very enjoyable and pleasurable to have been able to share that evening (and week) with so many of our fine friends.

Have a wonderful new year, Matt, and everyone else! Here's to saying goodbye to 2009, and welcoming 2010. Happy 2010 boating everyone!

Ted
12-31-2009, 11:49 AM
As another high, this year our boat club the Chesapeake Bay Powerboat Association had very good attendance at most of our events and ended up in the black for the year. At the beginning of the year when we did our budget no one predicted such a robust year. Boaters will be boaters, no matter what, I guess!

Maximus
12-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the kind words Matt. Great list and fun to read and agree too (except the C1 incident). We (Miss G) have a dream and will continue to push our agenda of a unified sport that exudes professionalism, fun and safety while gaining national attention for the excitement, camaraderie and danger. We are convinced a revolution of sorts will eventually take place if we keep driving forward. With National Miss GEICO TV commercials running every day I'm hopeful that more people in the united states have seen an offshore boat than ever before. We will continue the push!.

On another note we had exciting ridiculously high speed (turbine) competition at every race this year except Sarasota,Patchouge and the last day in KW (aqua crash). It's not perfect but considering the industry,Racing Politics and economy..we'll take it.

This years Sarasota event pit Bob Bulls Super light monster piston 48 MTI with World Champion Randy Scism on the stix against our powerful but short 44 MTI in sloppy gulf waters. As the video shows a great match up between competitors and I know you will agree ...one any fan would be happy to watch.

V0SWHc2t6xY

2010 looks to be a great year for AMF/Haggin crew with the opening of AMF Offshore Rigging. The GEICO/ Aquamania battle should heat up to the next level as well.

Best of luck and Happy New Year

DollaBill
12-31-2009, 02:06 PM
Great article Matt. Happy New Year too!

OldSchool
01-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Happy New Year to you Matt and thanks so much for the recognition!!:)

It's been a whirlwind ride for those of us that are involved here with the start-up, establishing a market share, participating in charity events and races, etc....

Here's to raising the bar even further in 2010!!:cheers2:

Matt Trulio
01-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Hey Old School, Happy New Year!

You guys have done an amazing job with this site. It's really fun ... and smart.

OldSchool
01-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks buddy, looking forward to catching up next month on the poker run.:cheers2:

jayboat
01-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Great article, Matt!
Let's hope the coming year is the one we've all been waiting for.

I have to agree with Marc-
the Sarasota battle between Miss Geico and CMS was only matched by Panasonic and Saratoga Stampede in Key West... one word: BANGIN!!!

Probably best if I keep the low point to myself. :mad:

Here's a shot from Sarasota.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3635/3702524910_aa452e018e_o.jpg

BOJOE2
01-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Matt great as always !

Ratickle
01-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Excellent article Matt, congratulations.

It would be hard to disagree with any of your conclusions. Hopefully all of your highs will continue to improve, and all of your lows will reverse themselves.

And thanks for the mention as a high.....Really appreciate that.....

And my high was driving in the three races and making the Hot Shots of Powerboat Magazine in November.

Matt Trulio
01-03-2010, 02:59 PM
I thought your "Hot Shot" was the best of the year, Ratickle. And the thing about Hot Shots is I see it when you guys do because as a freelance writer I don't work in-house at Powerboat—I'm 500 miles north of their offices in Ventura. So it's always a surprise for me.

dykstra
01-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Great article Matt.

boatme
01-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Matt Great write

Thanks for staying in touch with this sport

Ratickle
01-03-2010, 03:18 PM
I thought your "Hot Shot" was the best of the year, Ratickle. And the thing about Hot Shots is I see it when you guys do because as a freelance writer I don't work in-house at Powerboat—I'm 500 miles north of their offices in Ventura. So it's always a surprise for me.

Yeah, miss you at Powerboat along with Eric. Glad to see you still do freelance for them though. Been a subscriber since 73:eek:....

And that was an incredible shot Jeff got.