PDA

View Full Version : Back to school?

cuda
12-29-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm starting back to college on January 4th. I decided I'd like to teach. I thought about teaching higher math, but now I'm thinking science. I took plenty of math and science at college. My dad considered any other class to be "basket weaving".

I kept changing majors. I finally decided I was majoring in astronomy...............I was taking up space! :)

I kept having to retake the Drinking 101 course, even though it was the class I was the best at taking. :)

Knot 4 Me
12-29-2009, 11:50 AM
How about physics? One of my favorite subjects. Liked it so much in HS that I took it as an elective in college. Higher math was a necessary evil for my BS. Linear algebra was the devil!

DollaBill
12-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Thats awesome Cuda.

Wrinkleface
12-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Good luck Joe!! I did my 8 years! I was not much of a STUDENT! 4 me it was a business transaction, a means 2 an end!! Was around some students that I think could have gone 2 class the rest of their life!! Not me!! My gal pal went 2 college later in life, mid 2 high 30's I think & is now a CPA! I commend anybody that can go back later in life!! Best wishes!!:seeya:

Wrinkleface
12-29-2009, 12:03 PM
& by the by!! The movie w/ that name w/ Rodney Dangerfield is FK'n hilarious!!:cheers2:

Knot 4 Me
12-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Tripple Lindy!!!!

cuda
12-29-2009, 12:33 PM
How about physics? One of my favorite subjects. Liked it so much in HS that I took it as an elective in college. Higher math was a necessary evil for my BS. Linear algebra was the devil!
My physics teacher in high school said I'd make some company a helluva an engineer. Good thing he wasn't teaching what jobs to take out of high school. I ran into Mr Levine a couple times when I was wade fishing. He was telling me about the amount of boyancy between salt and fresh water. Like I didn't know that! :)

cuda
12-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Mr Levine looked like a mad scientist. I remember the first day of physics, he had a hand crank generator, that he would hold both ends of it, and make his wild hair look wilder. :)

JupiterSunsation
12-29-2009, 05:52 PM
That sounds cool Cuda.....or shall we call you Professor Cuda! :D

cuda
12-29-2009, 06:01 PM
My sister got her Master's this year, so I'll have to get a PHD in math to trump her. :)

Buoy
12-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Good for you Joe.
I couldn't imagine going back to school now, and you have a few years on me.

cuda
12-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah, there are some smart sob's on my dad's side of the family. I think I'm smarter than anyone in the world, but I figure I come in number six in my generation, and that's probably being a bit optomistic on my part. I've got a cousin who has been chess champion of his state for many, many years. He's a month older than me. When all us cousins went to Grandma's house, we'd all be tromping in the woods except Donnie. He'd be reading a book about chess. He throws the scoring curve out for all of us. :(