PDA

View Full Version : Little Snowboard Fun

mikey
12-20-2009, 10:56 PM
So it was like X games here tonight with some attempts to land on the snow pile and ride it out.

Step One: Strap on snowboard with all the riding gear on.

Step Two: Get lifted up but a bucket on a tractor to the top rail of the deck.

Step Three: Jump off from about two feet above the snow pile, ride down, and then out into the yard. Total it was about 20 ft to the bottom of the pile.

Steps one and two went really well but when it came to three it got a little harder. I made it about half way down the pile then would start to sink because it was to soft so never really made it to the yard. I guess it was just like riding in real powder which I have never done before being from the east coast. At the bottom the board would go below the snow and it was tough to ride it out. So after this all took place there were some flips onto the snow. I think tommorow night we might try and pull me on the board behind a four wheeler. Oh yeah also gonna let the snow get a little harder and try again. More pics and maybe a video to follow!!!

mikey
12-20-2009, 10:57 PM

mikey
12-20-2009, 10:58 PM
And the end result!!!!!!:bump:

Perlmudder
12-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Nice!!

rschap1
12-21-2009, 07:41 AM
How much did you drink before this??

more daring than I , I'll admit. Or I pass out before I get that drunk:)

Tommy Gun
12-21-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm kinda wondering why, in an environement so condusive to the sport, why one would go to so much trouble to jump down a 20 foot hill?????

Why not go to the top of the roof?

cigdaze
12-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Sweet. Good, clean fun right there! :D

mikey
12-21-2009, 11:21 AM
How much did you drink before this??

more daring than I , I'll admit. Or I pass out before I get that drunk:)

Did not really drink at all before this. We had been moving snow all day and once we did the deck we were talking about doing some flips. I thought I could jump down that no problem.

I'm kinda wondering why, in an environement so condusive to the sport, why one would go to so much trouble to jump down a 20 foot hill?????

Why not go to the top of the roof?

Thought about that but there is no way to get up there plus most of the snow had slid off the roof in the sun.

HiZ
12-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Man that looks like fun.
Is there a pretty good slope from the landscape of the yard
Or is it a high roof and there is that much of a mound that you buildt

mikey
12-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Man that looks like fun.
Is there a pretty good slope from the landscape of the yard
Or is it a high roof and there is that much of a mound that you buildt

We cleared the deck so we could get fire wood in. Most of the snow cam from the deck which was some from the roof. The slope on the yard is not that steap but figured I could carry some speed down the hill.

HiZ
12-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Heck yeah, looks like fun!