PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to dislike Google

Andrew
12-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Today with their logo they are honoring the birthday of some guy who invented a language no one uses. No mention of the anniversary of Pearl Harbor Day last week or of the Bill of Rights today.

Davidmnc
12-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Today with their logo they are honoring the birthday of some guy who invented a language no one uses. No mention of the anniversary of Pearl Harbor Day last week or of the Bill of Rights today.

:iagree: :cuss: :iagree:

Wrinkleface
12-15-2009, 03:59 PM
FK'm!:smash:

Perlmudder
12-15-2009, 04:53 PM
hmm... maybe Google Canada is different because it's the regular logo today.

MarylandMark
12-15-2009, 05:55 PM
It's the guys 150th birthday!

The green-and-white flag over the Google logo today is the banner of the artificial language Esperanto, flying in recognition of the 150th birthday of its inventor, L.L. Zamenhof (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._L._Zamenhof).

Wobble
12-15-2009, 06:23 PM
I agree that they try too hard to be "PC" but you have to admit that they get their products right most of the time

BY PC, I mean in context of all the countries that they serve

Andrew
12-15-2009, 06:47 PM
I agree that they try too hard to be "PC" but you have to admit that they get their products right most of the time

BY PC, I mean in context of all the countries that they serve

I would have to believe that the US is their biggest client. I can see being PC with Pearl Harbor Day but the Bill of Rights?

MarylandMark
12-15-2009, 07:30 PM
you have to admit that they get their products right most of the time

+1

I'm a big fan- even use what some call their failures like Google Chrome

Wobble
12-15-2009, 07:34 PM
I would have to believe that the US is their biggest client. I can see being PC with Pearl Harbor Day but the Bill of Rights?

I am in agreement with you. They are an American company, and as such should do more to celebrate our heritage. The same could be said for many of our Fortune 100 companies as well.