PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Users

Sea-Dated
12-15-2009, 11:29 AM
I just heard from a friend of mine that works for AT&T and they have a new app out called "AT&T Mark The Spot". It is an app designed to let AT&T know when you have crappy coverage or drop a call. When this happens you open the app and report a problem and it will take your GPS coordinates to provide AT&T with the exact location of coverage issues.

Just thought I would pass this along since there are so many iPhone users on here.

BBB725
12-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks

Bradz
12-15-2009, 11:44 AM
I have an Iphone and as a phone it is poor quality. I would spend too much time reporting dropped calls. All the features are great, just a lousy phone. I am going to look into the Verizon Droid. Had much better luck with Verizon phone sevice.

Davidmnc
12-15-2009, 11:46 AM
If you are reporting bad coverage from a place that has bad coverage how will they get it? :huh:

Sea-Dated
12-15-2009, 11:55 AM
If you are reporting bad coverage from a place that has bad coverage how will they get it? :huh:

If the coverage is that bad you can go into the app and show them on the GPS map the exact location of the problem and give them the GPS coordinates.

MarylandMark
12-15-2009, 12:09 PM
I have an Iphone and as a phone it is poor quality. I would spend too much time reporting dropped calls. All the features are great, just a lousy phone. I am going to look into the Verizon Droid. Had much better luck with Verizon phone sevice.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12363

I'm in the process of waiting for my new white 16G iPhone 3G to get here. Once it does, shipping my current one back, ebaying the new iPhone and getting the Driod ERIS.

They isolated the issue to being my handset yet every one in my area with an iPhone has service issues.

Tantrum
12-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Mark
Is the new phone they are shipping a 3G or 3Gs

MarylandMark
12-15-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm guessing a 3G since that is what I currently have. Hopefully will be here today..

Tommy Gun
12-15-2009, 02:27 PM
I agree that the i-phone is great for eveything but a phone. I turned off the 3G and the number of dropped calls when down drastically. I use the wireless feature to get e-mails and internet.

clayinaustin
12-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Now you see why I got a "windows baised' Samsung Jack and bought Mobile WiFi Router (http://www.wmwifirouter.com/) software.

All I need now is an iPod Touch, and I have the best that an iPhone has to offer without the crappy phone