PDA

View Full Version : "Deadliest Catch" goes racing........

Pat D
12-14-2009, 07:11 PM
new press release on www.superboat.com.

cigdaze
12-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Very cool. Those guys are alright. One of my favorite shows. Two totally different kinds of seamanship cross-promoting. I like it. :D

MarylandMark
12-14-2009, 08:25 PM
and then you have the Time Bandit running with Miss Geico

Crab boat races coming to KW next year?

AugiePensa
12-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Cool!

rschap1
12-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Dragging those crab pots going to create a new class?

XtremeRacing
12-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Augie,

You me, and Pat can start a new business... We can sell crabs in the pitts help pay for gas Lol

Big Time
12-15-2009, 02:56 PM
and then you have the Time Bandit running with Miss Geico

Crab boat races coming to KW next year?

Why not, they do it in Maine...:driving:

http://www.lobsterboatracing.com/

mikey
12-15-2009, 04:48 PM
I had Keith on the Apache at Sarasota and he is a great guy. Also have taken the Hillstands out a few times and they are also a great bunch of people.

MarylandMark
12-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Why not, they do it in Maine...:driving:

http://www.lobsterboatracing.com/

They almost looked further offshore at a few points at the end than "offshore" racing does... :ack2:

Pat D
12-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Deadliest Catch marathon on tonight on Discovery Channel until midnight
With all the bad weather, it's a good night to catch up on all the episodes
Stay warm

ItsPeanut
01-05-2010, 05:11 PM
great show

MGReese
06-27-2010, 04:45 AM
Time Bandit Offshore Racing will make their official debut in Sarasota. The boat is driven by Travis Lofland of Deadliest Catch F/V Wizard and Bob Marikowski. They have a 30' Phantom and will be racing Super Vee Lite. I have been working closely with Travis to make this happen and as most of you have done many times...we were down to the final hours of make it or break it and it's finally coming together just in time for Sarasota.

Sarasota is important since Travis was introduced to the offshore racing world two years ago when he was a special guest at the Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix. There he became friends with the AMF/Miss GEICO and JD Byrider Offshore Racing teams. Travis had the opportunity to go for a ride in the JD Byrider boat with throttle man, Mark Kowalski and has spent his off time from crab fishing laying the foundation to get into offshore racing. His relationship with the AMF/Miss GEICO team became a valuable resource and Scotty B finally realized he was serious and helped connect the dots. Capt. Hillstrand has also become involved with offshore racing through Miss GEICO and ran a speed record run with the team in December. Upon hearing that Travis would be racing, they formed what has become Time Bandit Racing for even bigger adventures on the water.

Travis would like me to give special thanks to the JD Byrider boys for creating the monster, George Auriemma Jr. from IMCO Racing, Scotty Begovich and those of you who have helped him along the way.

F1-00 Racing
06-27-2010, 06:19 AM
Congrats Maz!!! You are one of the finest throttlemen that I ever had the privilege of racing with and Travis is definitely in great hands. Also a great solid investment by Capt Hillstrand. Best of luck to you guys

Ratickle
06-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Time Bandit Offshore Racing will make their official debut in Sarasota. The boat is driven by Travis Lofland of Deadliest Catch F/V Wizard and Bob Marikowski. They have a 30' Phantom and will be racing Super Vee Lite. I have been working closely with Travis to make this happen and as most of you have done many times...we were down to the final hours of make it or break it and it's finally coming together just in time for Sarasota.

Sarasota is important since Travis was introduced to the offshore racing world two years ago when he was a special guest at the Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix. There he became friends with the AMF/Miss GEICO and JD Byrider Offshore Racing teams. Travis had the opportunity to go for a ride in the JD Byrider boat with throttle man, Mark Kowalski and has spent his off time from crab fishing laying the foundation to get into offshore racing. His relationship with the AMF/Miss GEICO team became a valuable resource and Scotty B finally realized he was serious and helped connect the dots. Capt. Hillstrand has also become involved with offshore racing through Miss GEICO and ran a speed record run with the team in December. Upon hearing that Travis would be racing, they formed what has become Time Bandit Racing for even bigger adventures on the water.

Travis would like me to give special thanks to the JD Byrider boys for creating the monster, George Auriemma Jr. from IMCO Racing, Scotty Begovich and those of you who have helped him along the way.

Sweet, can't wait to hear all the details.

imco offshore
06-27-2010, 05:29 PM
For those of you who don,t know Travis ,,he is a down to earth cool person,to be around ,,he started this year in the SVL CLASS at Biloxi ,,and then he was hooked,,! Everyone should try to go to the race and meet him and watch the races,Travis has been a great addition to the SVL Class this year,, and were all looking forward to racing with Him and Bob the rest of this year,, .good luck Bob and Travis see ya in Sarasota,,:driving::cheers2:

AugiePensa
06-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Frankie, we'll cook em' and eat em'...I ain't sellin' $hit! Some Garlic Butter, Shrimp, Oysters Rockafeller , Clams on a half shell, nothing better. Oh God I'm hungry now!

Steve Miklos
07-05-2010, 03:32 PM
These guy's and Reese were Rock Stars this weekend they had a line at their tent for days. My crew even bought shirts from them!
Well done!
Steve

Bodyshot1
07-06-2010, 08:45 AM
cool!

XtremeRacing
07-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Congrats Maz!!! You are one of the finest throttlemen that I ever had the privilege of racing with and Travis is definitely in great hands. Also a great solid investment by Capt Hillstrand. Best of luck to you guys

Maz is driving but its all good.

MGReese
07-18-2010, 04:41 AM
These guy's and Reese were Rock Stars this weekend they had a line at their tent for days. My crew even bought shirts from them!
Well done!
Steve

Thank you, Steve! It's always great to see you!!!