PDA

View Full Version : Some pics from Toys for Tots Palatka

rchevelle71
12-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Had a great time, it was nice meeting everybody. The weather was cold and rainy, but we ran anyway. Thanks for the ride Ray.

rchevelle71
12-06-2009, 09:49 PM
more

rchevelle71
12-06-2009, 09:52 PM
getting ready to run.

rchevelle71
12-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Once we got going I put down the still camera, and picked up Rays Video Cam, but here are some from the toy drop, and the bar.

rchevelle71
12-06-2009, 10:00 PM
More

rchevelle71
12-06-2009, 10:06 PM
2 more from lunch

rchevelle71
12-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Again, most of the ride home is on video, but here is a few when we left lunch. The skies cleared just as we pulled back into the ramp, go figure:cuss:

cigdaze
12-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Good stuff. Glad the weather allowed the run. :cool:

It's been a crappy weekend here. :(

catastrophe
12-07-2009, 09:21 AM
This is the kind of stuff I like.

Look at those pics. Weather was horrible!!
But those guys are out there doin that for children.

Great for you guys.

There is another thread on here indicating you might not have met your goal.

If you explain what you need on here ...out of respect for your efforts maybe you'll get some help.

Kudos though to the Bad Weather Boaters:):):)

JupiterSunsation
12-07-2009, 09:27 AM
That is a tough place to be caught in bad weather for sure....not a lot of places to stop and take shelter! Glad it still went on.....I did that run back in 05 and 06 or 06 and 07...the first year it was cold and second year it was nice. I smoked an impeller leaving the ramp the second year and jumped on a buddy's boat. Had 11 aboard, 4 adults/7 kids and had a blast! Those open bows come in handy when you need space!

catastrophe
12-07-2009, 09:33 AM
That is a tough place to be caught in bad weather for sure....not a lot of places to stop and take shelter! Glad it still went on.....I did that run back in 05 and 06 or 06 and 07...the first year it was cold and second year it was nice. I smoked an impeller leaving the ramp the second year and jumped on a buddy's boat. Had 11 aboard, 4 adults/7 kids and had a blast! Those open bows come in handy when you need space!

Whats the format?

Are they raising $$$$ to go buy toys or are they actually collecting toys?

What age groups are they covering ??

JupiterSunsation
12-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Whats the format?

What age groups are they covering ??

It was linked up with the Marines or Army collecting actual toys at a dock. I saw everything from stuffed animals to bikes, almost something for any age. They may have had a cash fundraiser going as well but we always brought toys. The location is somewhat out of "DELIVERANCE".....backwoods, bayou looking place with a few decent sized lakes to blast through. If I broke without a GPS not sure I would find my way back to the ramp....

rchevelle71
12-07-2009, 03:54 PM
This is the kind of stuff I like.

Look at those pics. Weather was horrible!!
But those guys are out there doin that for children.

Great for you guys.

There is another thread on here indicating you might not have met your goal.

If you explain what you need on here ...out of respect for your efforts maybe you'll get some help.

Kudos though to the Bad Weather Boaters:):):)

The run was organized by raceboatrus, not sure of his info, but could get it if anyone wants to donate. We all donated toys, Ray brought 6 contractor sized garbage bags full:eek:, but there was a small registration fee($12), and a 50-50 raffle, so maybe a cash donation was given also. As far as the sabatoge, I heard grumblings of it, but have no exact details, it is what it is, just wish a few more boats had shown up. Other clubs I run with, when the weather is bad, we still show by car when its a charity thing especially.

catastrophe
12-07-2009, 04:02 PM
The run was organized by raceboatrus, not sure of his info, but could get it if anyone wants to donate. We all donated toys, Ray brought 6 contractor sized garbage bags full:eek:, but there was a small registration fee($12), and a 50-50 raffle, so maybe a cash donation was given also. As far as the sabatoge, I heard grumblings of it, but have no exact details, it is what it is, just wish a few more boats had shown up. Other clubs I run with, when the weather is bad, we still show by car when its a charity thing especially.

I contacted him already. Thank you.

Goin out in that weather was very nice of you.

Xray50
12-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Video is up on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WU7yVnI2bk

GatorDave
12-08-2009, 07:18 AM
I rode with a friend for the run. It was cold but manageable. We had a couple of the marines ride with us. They had a blast! I'll be back next year, rain or shine:)

Pete B
12-08-2009, 11:16 AM

Toys for Tots is a annual toy Drive collection that the U.S. Marine Corps organize for children who may not have a christmas gift to open were it not for the Marines. the Armed Forces do so much more than fight for our freedom.

rchevelle71
12-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks again guys,

Next year I will make sure the Pantera is running for the run, this year I had the injectors out being serviced. Oh, and next year I'll bring a hat and gloves!!!:driving:

Xray50
12-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Was a GREAT time! Will be there next year also!!!! Start planing Rus!