PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from my Honeymoon!! St. Luica!

Five Cent Worth
12-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Guys - Got back from our honeymoon and wanted to share some photos since it is slow and winter.

Anyone ever been to St. Luica? We stayed at the Sandals Grande St. Luican which was awesome. There were three Sandals resorts that we were able to visit.

Heard a few go fast but couldn't get the camera out fast enough to snap a photo.

Happy Winter!!! :driving::cheers2:

MikeyFIN
12-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Wow... now where is that ?

Five Cent Worth
12-05-2009, 12:01 PM
More photos.

Five Cent Worth
12-05-2009, 12:05 PM
More... :willy_nilly:

The last photo is us going to the volcano and a local village. I was trying to get the captin to let me drive... My wife found it entertaining that they kept telling me no! It was a blow boat cat in which they didn't even put up the sails.

DollaBill
12-05-2009, 12:06 PM
nice trip

Chris
12-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Never been, but it looks like it ought to be on the short list.

Five Cent Worth
12-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Wow... now where is that ?

West Indies. Pull up Google and west of Barbados. Very cool.

The swim up bar was clutch. Bascially I was able to booze for long periods of time and not worry about a thing!

MikeyFIN
12-05-2009, 12:11 PM
GOTCHA.... now I just need a bride... ; ) Anyone?

Swim up bar... as a former comp swimmer and diver ..hmmm

Five Cent Worth
12-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Zip lining through the rain forest :26:

Wrinkleface
12-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Congratz & awesome look'n getaway!!!:)

03darkshadow
12-05-2009, 12:34 PM

The swim up bar was clutch. Bascially I was able to booze for long periods of time and not worry about a thing!

didn't even have to stand up and walk to the bathroom. :rofl:

Five Cent Worth
12-05-2009, 12:47 PM
didn't even have to stand up and walk to the bathroom. :rofl:

:iamwithstupid: Who does that? LOL :willy_nilly:.

Spicy
12-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Congrats your new Bride is Beautiful lady....
I have my 40th Birthday coming up in January, my girl is taking me to the Westin in St. John for a week.... Looking forward to it and Thanks for the pictures... It starting to snow here and looking at Tropical pictures help with the winter blues....

Pat

phragle
12-05-2009, 02:43 PM

Did you have your lanyard attached to the bar??

J-Bonz
12-05-2009, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=Five Cent Worth;383466].

Heard a few go fast but couldn't get the camera out fast enough to snap a photo.

QUOTE]

Amateur. Just kidding!! Congrats on getting married. Looks like a great place to go! I have to start planning here soon for ours... :)
Jrl

cuda
12-05-2009, 05:50 PM
A girl I know is going on a dinner cruise on Monday on the owner's of Sandals yacht in Ft Liquordale. St Lucia is one of her favorite Sandals.

03darkshadow
12-05-2009, 06:38 PM
:iamwithstupid: Who does that? LOL :willy_nilly:.

:iamwithstupid: no one, but its funny :cheers2:

Expensive Date
12-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Nice place glad you had a good time.

Five Cent Worth
12-05-2009, 07:55 PM
A girl I know is going on a dinner cruise on Monday on the owner's of Sandals yacht in Ft Liquordale. St Lucia is one of her favorite Sandals.

Talked to af ew folks there that said the St. Luica Grand was one of the better. This was our first experience south of FL. Was all good for us!

Thanks for all the comments! :cheers2:

Five Cent Worth
12-05-2009, 08:07 PM

Also, tell her - the first round of drinks were on me, lol! :kiss:

MarylandMark
12-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Shes hot- why did she marry a mook like you?

LOL- J/k- congrats and looks like a blast!

cuda
12-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Also, tell her - the first round of drinks were on me, lol! :kiss:

I asked her if she was allowed to bring a significant other. She thinks I won't fit in with my jeans and t shirt. :)

ZBODaytona
12-07-2009, 12:55 PM
We did the Regency in St.Lucia for our honeymoon....Had dinner at your place once, the one resturant out on the pier. Great time.

Five Cent Worth
12-07-2009, 09:26 PM
We did the Regency in St.Lucia for our honeymoon....Had dinner at your place once, the one resturant out on the pier. Great time.

Yea we went to your resort too. Liked it alot as well. The mexican and japanese steakhouses were clutch. We ended up choosing the Grande as it was geared more towards the young couples.

:cheers2:

redhotsommer
12-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Yeah man! I went to the same place for my honeymoon! Place was AWESOME! Two bottles of wine with every dinner...no charge! We got upgraded to some suite-thing that had a fridge that kept getting refilled with beer magically each day. The local brew Piton was pretty bad, though! We did that same catamaran cruise...it started pouring rain right at the end...but it was like 85 degrees at night...and we were hammered and dancing like fools. I just sent a Christmas card to a couple from PA we met on the plane on the way down and hung out with all week...and that was 11 years ago...good times.

Sea-Dated
12-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Congrats!!! Looks like a reat time.....

Ms PatriYacht
12-08-2009, 07:41 PM
I love Sandals we have gone several times but only to Jamica, I would love to try SL. Did they have water sports included like water skiing and diving. We really took advantage of the all inclusive water activities, and of course the unlimited booze. Do you mind me asking what they get per night per couple, how many nights were you there. It was getting pretty pricey but I have not checked since the economy tanked. The first time we went was for our honeymoon, and this summer will be our 20th anniversary it would be cool to make a return trip there for our anniversary.

Here is an old picture from 20 years ago, I have not changed a bit:biggrinjester::biggrinjester:
but Ian looks like a kid

Five Cent Worth
12-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah man! I went to the same place for my honeymoon! Place was AWESOME! Two bottles of wine with every dinner...no charge! We got upgraded to some suite-thing that had a fridge that kept getting refilled with beer magically each day. The local brew Piton was pretty bad, though! We did that same catamaran cruise...it started pouring rain right at the end...but it was like 85 degrees at night...and we were hammered and dancing like fools. I just sent a Christmas card to a couple from PA we met on the plane on the way down and hung out with all week...and that was 11 years ago...good times.

I liked the local beer. Maybe I liked supporting the commerce there.

We had two couples like that. Real cool people. My wife is all over them with the facebook thing that everyone is into now.

Five Cent Worth
12-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Do you mind me asking what they get per night per couple, how many nights were you there. It was getting pretty pricey but I have not checked since the economy tanked.

I wakeboarded in the bay there about every day. I tried my best to not kill myself but the bindings where for someone that had size 15 shoes. Still good to get out and all.

$5,100 out the door which included everything with the exception of the "off site excursions" and they gave us a $250 spa credit. Priced it out myself and tried every which to beat the travel agents price but couldn't come close. Plus, it was my honeymoon and I didn't want to f it up. Seven days and seven nights. My wife was sold on this place and would not let me tell her any other way. No need for everyone to tell me where else I could have went for the cash. What even sealed the deal more - a good friend of mine paid $1k more the exact same week for a lower grade room in '08.

Which ones did you go to Jamica? They seem to be more mangiable from a cash standpoint on

:cheers2:

pullmytrigger
12-09-2009, 01:41 AM
Beautiful destination!......If you rode on a helicopter when you were there my friend owns it.

ZBODaytona
12-09-2009, 01:05 PM
My travel agent got me a better deal as well. Price for me was about 1000 a night for both of us i think, but i had a two room suite ocean view with a pool, and butler service. Probably could have done something cheaper, but it was easy..food and drinks all the time as much as I could stuff into me... Price greatly depends on the type of room you get, and the amount of nights there....goes down more the longer you stay. Flight price wasn't bad either.

cuda
12-09-2009, 02:04 PM
My travel agent got me a better deal as well. Price for me was about 1000 a night for both of us i think, but i had a two room suite ocean view with a pool, and butler service. Probably could have done something cheaper, but it was easy..food and drinks all the time as much as I could stuff into me... Price greatly depends on the type of room you get, and the amount of nights there....goes down more the longer you stay. Flight price wasn't bad either.

Trish said if you can upgrade to butler service, there are other perks that go along with it. She just got back from the dinner cruise with the owner of Sandals last night.

Five Cent Worth
12-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Beautiful destination!......If you rode on a helicopter when you were there my friend owns it.

Wish we would have. Didn't know this was an option when we got to the airport.

Five Cent Worth
12-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Trish said if you can upgrade to butler service, there are other perks that go along with it. She just got back from the dinner cruise with the owner of Sandals last night.

For us, it was a $5k upgrade. Not really an option for me... I am trying to get a bigger boat here guys!!! :sifone::smash:

cuda
12-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Trish has Prada taste. I have a Walmart budget. :(

ZBODaytona
12-10-2009, 03:08 PM

for us it was a deal... Nothing close to the 5 grand he was quoted. Some rooms even come with it.... With butler, you get a private cab to and from the airport, the others usually take a bus, they get you reservations at certain resturants. Like the one on the warf or pier which ever it was, have to be a butler service to eat there or pay (only at this one, the rest are free for everyone). They schedule anything and everything for you, plus ours was always bring special snacks by. I am sure there might be more to what they do, but my wife and I just liked laying in our private pool in the am, drinking out of the fridge, and after lunch we went to the big pool for much of the same. Probably wouldn't have gone there, except they had more selection to drink and after 2 or so the sun was gone from ours. We did go on some excersions, and enjoyed the spa....

yesrej
12-10-2009, 06:47 PM
im going to a sandels resort in a antiga in feb. we were between st. lucia and antiga and i cant remember why we picked antiga.