PDA

View Full Version : who needs a gun to kill deer, wife does it with her car

boatme
12-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Just picked up the wife, she was on her way home from work tonight and she hit a deer, this is the end result

She is ok just a bit shook up

runninhotracing
12-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Dayum guess you dont need a gun .glad your wifes OK

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12-03-2009, 12:36 AM
There are more deer now than any time on record. Biggest problems are lack of predators and poor hunting rules. Stop letting the hunters knock off all the huge bucks which carry the best genes and let them get the overpopulation of doe's.

They have become serious pests across the nation and cause quite a bit of forest destruction as well as things like this.

Glad she is OK. :USA:

sellsman11
12-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Im not sure that there are that many more deer percentage wise. I thnk the biggest problem is our infringement on their home territory.

Im glad your wife is OK.:)

Perlmudder
12-03-2009, 12:47 AM
yikes! thats crazy, not a lot of blood though? glad the wifey is alright!

phragle
12-03-2009, 12:49 AM
the difference between now and then..if you hit the same deer in a 67 buick, you would just need to clean the bumper and pull some hair out of the grill....

Seafordguy
12-03-2009, 02:44 AM
DAMN.

I hit one a few months ago in the F350. No damage - glad I was in the truck.

insanity
12-03-2009, 05:38 AM
There are more deer now than any time on record. Biggest problems are lack of predators and poor hunting rules. Stop letting the hunters knock off all the huge bucks which carry the best genes and let them get the overpopulation of doe's.

They have become serious pests across the nation and cause quite a bit of forest destruction as well as things like this.

Im not sure that there are that many more deer percentage wise. I thnk the biggest problem is our infringement on their home territory.

The deer population is definitely way up over the last 10-15 years or so. Urban sprawl is also contributing to the loss of habitat but probably not the main cause. Alot of what I've noticed in my area is the old farmers that used to say 'Kill em all' are dying off and their trophy-hunting offspring are taking over the acreage. They don't want anybody else that might get lucky and take the buck they are after. In addition to city folk that buy up the acreage and don't understand the necissity of controlling the deer population and think that since they own 10 acres they have say over the whole county. With that a lot of former deer hunters have found better ways to spend time than out chasing those goofy things around, myself included.

I can remember when I first started hunting my freshman year of high school there were hunters everywhere, it was hard to find a section that didn't have people in it. Now (14 years later) we can pretty much hit any woods we have permission to go in, and may only ever come across one or two other groups of hunters all week.

Tony
12-03-2009, 07:20 AM
I stopped in at a local check station yesterday, the numbers are way down from last year which were also way down from the year before. In over a third of OH you can kill 6 deer per year but only one buck either as a landowner or all the proper permits. Its been that way as long as I can remember. That should tell you something about what the DNR knows about the herd.

boatme
12-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Wife was told by wrecker driver that it was the third car deer accident in that area that night

Apparently they had just leveled a corn field and the deer were running out into the highway

Wrinkleface
12-03-2009, 09:01 AM
glad she's ok Marc! I popped 1 years ago at about 70mph! hope 2 never do that again!!:driving:

Airpacker
12-03-2009, 09:02 AM
That doesn't look too bad Marc. I did 10 grand damage to my hd crew cab in June when bambi got me. Took out a 300 lb er at 50mph and shoved the front bumper and everything else back about 16 inches.

Glad your wife is unhurt.

I have been told by a pal in state farm that deer strikes are the number one cause of single vehicle accident claims 6 yrs running now.

txriverrat2001
12-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Glad she's OK - how many points on the rack??

Ms PatriYacht
12-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Wife was told by wrecker driver that it was the third car deer accident in that area that night

Apparently they had just leveled a corn field and the deer were running out into the highway

I am glad Cherie is OK, the same thing happend to my girlfriend two weeks ago on I75 heading to the Flint Airport, she was in an SUV and had over $20,000 worth of damage to her car, the impact even made the airbags go off. It was about 4am and the cop told her it was their third accident that morning. A few hours later one of Ian's coworkers hit another deer in almost the same spot, he was in a big GM truck and it did so much damage to the front end the truck was not driveable.

gerritm
12-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Here in Texas we call that "FAST FOOD". Glad she is OK. Cars can be repaired.

Sea-Dated
12-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Glad the wife is OK....

rschap1
12-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Glad to hear it wasn't worse. LOTS of accidents in my neck of the woods too. I have become very appreciative of the BIG RED blotches the Michigan DOT has been putting out near Marne, Coopersville, Nunica, Spring Lake, and Fruitport along I96. I assume it's them marking the highways to alert drivers that wildlife may be near....

Seriously, glad it wasn't worse. There are a TON more deer lately in NE Kent County where I am at and they seem to be getting more acclimated to traffic and humans all the time.

ChiefApache
12-03-2009, 01:56 PM
I've hit two 6 pt bucks over my 31 years of driving. The first one with a Toyota FourRunner and did $3300 worth of damage. Second one I hit with my Z71 truck and did $6000 worth of damage to the truck. Not to mention how sore I was for two to three days afterwards.

I am on the lookout all the time for deer. Where there's one, there are several.

JupiterSunsation
12-03-2009, 04:07 PM
the difference between now and then..if you hit the same deer in a 67 buick, you would just need to clean the bumper and pull some hair out of the grill....

not really: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xwYBBpHg1I

I will take a new car over old any day......

Marc glad to hear she is ok and just the deer/car got mangled.....Was that a G6 Pontiac?

You by any chance didn't have to smash out any windows to save her did you? :D

boatme
12-03-2009, 06:46 PM
yea it was a G6 and no window smashing I dont even own a club LOL

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone we should get the news on cost to fix in a day or so

Expensive Date
12-03-2009, 09:31 PM
I hit one with my Vette about 4 years ago.Did not take any pictures but I had fur sticking out of the fender.6k in damage

03darkshadow
12-03-2009, 09:40 PM
glad she's ok man. could have been worse. friend of mine hit a buck a few years ago and the antlers went through the windshield.

phragle
12-04-2009, 01:05 AM
v_habakm5sw