PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable Technology

catastrophe
12-02-2009, 08:26 AM
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tv/TED-India-Pranav-Mistry/videoshow_ted/5231080.cms

Watch this all the way through and see where our world is headed.

OOPS sorry ...someone move this to BAR

Audiofn
12-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Project Natal is along the same lines

Audiofn
12-02-2009, 09:07 AM
This is the technology that I am working with today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJYdGNvceCk

cigdaze
12-02-2009, 09:08 AM
That's pretty darned cool.

catastrophe
12-02-2009, 09:19 AM
This is the technology that I am working with today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJYdGNvceCk

Watched it all. Your industry is changing everyday.
Must be hard to tell your customer he is getting the latest and greatest.

Neat stuff.

Audiofn
12-02-2009, 09:32 AM
I have a customer that is a HUGE early addoptor. He LOVES his toys and will spend huge money on them. His house is set up for entertainment purposes and he wants his guests to want for nothing. He purchased PC's a few years back that are hooked up to his TV's and theaters (7 of them). He was a little bummed when we told him that they needed to be replaced (we are talking about a 150,000 dollar bill at the end of this upgrade). We just told him that he got 5 years out of his old computers and that is basically a life time. He is fine and said no problem just let me know what we have to do. This is of course a guy that 7 years after building a multi million dollar home, purchased his neighbors house for 5 .5million and bulldozed it and now is going to buldoze his house as well!! People for the most part understand that we are in a wild age were technology is moving forward SUPER fast. It is fun but also scarry to work with this stuff because half the time it does not work like they say it will. For me to put together the latest quote for a guy I will have well over 200 hours of research into products and have traveled all over the North East to visit companies and other installers to get feedback and see things actually work.

The only one that I had a hard time swallowing the other day was when I could not get a battery for a touch panel because it was no longer made. That one ****ed me off!

Jon

LadyDaze
12-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Holy hannah! That is some truly amazing technology...

catastrophe
12-02-2009, 09:53 AM
I have a customer that is a HUGE early addoptor. He LOVES his toys and will spend huge money on them. His house is set up for entertainment purposes and he wants his guests to want for nothing. He purchased PC's a few years back that are hooked up to his TV's and theaters (7 of them). He was a little bummed when we told him that they needed to be replaced (we are talking about a 150,000 dollar bill at the end of this upgrade). We just told him that he got 5 years out of his old computers and that is basically a life time. He is fine and said no problem just let me know what we have to do. This is of course a guy that 7 years after building a multi million dollar home, purchased his neighbors house for 5 .5million and bulldozed it and now is going to buldoze his house as well!! People for the most part understand that we are in a wild age were technology is moving forward SUPER fast. It is fun but also scarry to work with this stuff because half the time it does not work like they say it will. For me to put together the latest quote for a guy I will have well over 200 hours of research into products and have traveled all over the North East to visit companies and other installers to get feedback and see things actually work.

The only one that I had a hard time swallowing the other day was when I could not get a battery for a touch panel because it was no longer made. That one ****ed me off!

Jon

Would Bill Gates house be loaded with all this stuff?

Audiofn
12-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Yes. It is kind of wierd set up. It may have changed in the last few but it was set up as fallows. Everyone gets a pin that they wear. As you walk around the house it would set up the room to your liking. For example if you liked rock it would play that music, if you liked it cool it would set the room to that temp. Now if Gates walks into the room he would override your settings as it was all set up on a hierarchy system. If you walked around the gardens only the speakers in your area would play...... This was SUPER sophisticated back then.

catastrophe
12-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Yes. It is kind of wierd set up. It may have changed in the last few but it was set up as fallows. Everyone gets a pin that they wear. As you walk around the house it would set up the room to your liking. For example if you liked rock it would play that music, if you liked it cool it would set the room to that temp. Now if Gates walks into the room he would override your settings as it was all set up on a hierarchy system. If you walked around the gardens only the speakers in your area would play...... This was SUPER sophisticated back then.

unreal I have 6 controlers for my TV:)

buck
12-02-2009, 12:13 PM
I have an AM radio that works sometimes.

Audiofn
12-02-2009, 04:05 PM
I have an AM radio that works sometimes.

Apple will do that to you :kiss::kiss:

MarylandMark
12-02-2009, 05:41 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g3TVpsPKejzzd9U5XuRVvI7kEf1wD9CBC2506

ROME — An Italian who lost his left forearm in a car crash was successfully linked to a robotic hand, allowing him to feel sensations in the artificial limb and control it with his thoughts, scientists said Wednesday.

Wobble
12-02-2009, 09:43 PM
very interesting, it's not often you see a new technology that hasn't been anticipated in sci-fi movies. Imagine how much they would have to change up the new star trek movie to accommodate this kind of interface.

we certainly live in interesting times

Wobble
12-02-2009, 09:45 PM
just thinking, you wouldn't have to put gauges in anything anymore, you just project your preferred layout on the conveniently provided flat surface

jayboat
12-02-2009, 10:16 PM
very interesting, it's not often you see a new technology that hasn't been anticipated in sci-fi movies. Imagine how much they would have to change up the new star trek movie to accommodate this kind of interface.

we certainly live in interesting times

totally agree. I love the promise of technology.

03darkshadow
12-02-2009, 10:48 PM
thats really cool technology. the technological world is changing quickly. what scientists have next is exciting.